It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It is pretty much rhetorical at this point; hashing and re-hashing, going round and round while the enemies of our Constitution try one door, then another and then a window or up from the basement, around and around they go and if they were to succeed in disarming the American Public, there would be nothing to stop them from shoving their New World Order, their One World Luciferian Government; their Corporate Collective Hell On Earth down our throats.

edit on 11-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Another person that is misled about canada maybe? We are nowhere near disarmed, canadians are just a lot less vocal about it is the only difference.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Feel good news with a bullet

I think Idaho, Montana and other free states have already got similar laws in the pipeline.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The Gun Registry has not gone away in Canada.

If you have a pistol, semi-auto 'assault' rifle you still gotta register it and can only use 'em at a 'government approved' range.

So Canada has a long way to go. For hunting rifles and shotguns (not combat) they are not too bad.
edit on 11-1-2013 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Bill's text is quite clear:

AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law
which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit
the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on
firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming;
providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or
dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or
attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or
regulation of the United States government relating to a
personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is
owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming
and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

Any official, agent or employee of the United
States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured
commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains
exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty
of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be
subject to imprisonment for not less than one (1) year
and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not
more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Any federal law, rule, regulation or order
created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be
unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law,
rule, regulation or order attempts to:

Ban or restrict ownership of a semi
automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or

Require any firearm, magazine or other
firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

That's right!!! It will be a FELONY punishable by substantial FINE, PRISON, or both!

It even goes as far as authorizing the Wyoming Attorney General to DEFEND any citizen of Wyoming in a case brought against said citizen by the Federal Govt. for violating any federal law, covered under this legislation...

If this Bill passes, it will be very interesting to see how many other states follow suit, and how the Feds will respond...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The Federal government, as most agree, has no business stepping into state business and telling individual states what to do. For those that disagree, see the 10th ammendment.

While I agree with the sentiment, you have to understand that the laws in the US have been manipulated to suit the agendas of tyrants.

As long as we live under the 14th amendment as citizens of the United States, then we will be working as rebels for the de facto federal government.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And the possibility of America having another civil war increases yet again.

States are starting to fight back against the D.C. mob, and it's no longer just Texas.

Between this and the decriminalization of marijuana in many states it's starting to get interesting.

As a 45 year old I remember a time when states had much more control, but then the feds tied federal funding to things like the speed limit and drinking age laws, and most states got in line.

It may not go as far as a civil war, but the states are waking up and realizing that they need to get the controls back.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is encouraging yet unnecessary. Any law passed by congress that a state deems “unconstitutional” can be nullified by that state.

“What Is It? - State nullification is the idea that the states can and must refuse to enforce unconstitutional federal laws.

Says Who? - Says Thomas Jefferson, among other distinguished Americans. His draft of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 first introduced the word “nullification” into American political life, and follow-up resolutions in 1799 employed Jefferson’s formulation that “nullification…is the rightful remedy” when the federal government reaches beyond its constitutional powers. In the Virginia Resolutions of 1798, James Madison said the states were “duty bound to resist” when the federal government violated the Constitution.
Rightful Remedy

edit on 11-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Wyoming and every state is within their rights to do this hell that is how this nation was formed.

When this country was formed the only gun law needed was the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I think they will have only one option, and that is the same reply they had to some states pasing mj laws. Silence.

There is an old saying, and you know what they say about old sayings!

Silence is deafening, and I think in this instance, it will be the only option.

Bills will have to come to the House. I don't see them making it past. I also do not see them passing the Senate, even if they did. There are multiple reasons behind my opinion, but suffice it to say, I think a lot of this bluster is just that, bluster.

Biden is known for speaking out of turn, and I do not think Obama would be bold nor ignorant enough to attempt an executive order to grab guns. IF he does, it will be a very VERY clear indication of his intent, and the blame would fall squarely on Obama. Since Obama is known for his teflon like qualities, I don't see it happening. He always has someone, like Biden, to throw under the bus to avoid direct blame for anything. It's his MO.

I think since Wyoming was bold enough to take the first step, yet again, other states will follow, just as they did in the 10th reaffirmation movement.

Sometimes, the Feds need to be reminded what their place is. Let us not forget, as well, how really red that post-election map was. It speaks volumes about what the general state consensus will be on the issue. This is one place, as of yet - that hopefully the long arm of fraud and corruption has been unable to reach.

If it becomes necessary to place a gun manufacturer in each state, then, perhaps some companies will look at expanding their corporations.

Businesss is certainly booming!

edit on 11-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It isn't that I disagree it is unecessary. It is a statement, just as the states re-affirming their 10th was unecessary. It was a statement.

We see what you are doing. We don't like what you are doing. You do not have the right to come tell our state what to do. There will be repercussions. And, most of all, it tells the public in no uncertain terms, "We've got your back."

It will soon hopefully be a law in Wyoming if the Fed's arrest someone, the state will come to your defense. How awesome is that? How awesome?

For the people that legally own, and responsibly handle their guns, that are now being pointed at by media and the outspoken anti-gun brigade, it must be very nice to know your STATE supports your Constitutional rights.

Then, you have states like NY, where Cuomo went on a tirade telling people confiscation was a feel good idea. Where would you feel most comfortable living if you were a legal, responsible gun owner? A state rife with threats and uncertainty, or one that passed a law promising to support and defend you?

That is why so many people hope more states step up to the plate. They feel unsure. Uncertain. Insecure. Are you really going to let Obama do this?

Well, Wyoming citizens know, don't they?

The rest of the states? We shall see.

So far...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Feel good news with a bullet

I think Idaho, Montana and other free states have already got similar laws in the pipeline.

I know Montana was outspoken on the 10th movement, as well. It would be awesome if you have any more information, if you could hook up some links.

I would be so greatful.

I think, right now, many people are really stressed about all of this. I think Wyoming's action is a step in the right direction in setting some minds at ease. I even saw a remark that with the pendind debt ceiling debates coming, "gun control issues may have to wait till late spring". I can't take the time at the moment as I am in the midst of a 12 hour work cycle, to find the source and quote. IIRC, though, it was Obama.

Anyway, if that's true, it may signal some backpeddaling on the issues coming down the pipe. Sometimes, Washington gets a little overconfident, and perhaps thought they had more support than they find they really do.

I also heard a blurb on the news, "Obama was working closely with lawyers about the executive order..." again no source right now, but perhaps between that and Wyoming's move, soneone got some wake-up medicine.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I am not misled.

Are you aware that it is a right of every Canadian to be able to carry a concealed handgun???Tell the truth now!!!

No you most likely werent even aware of that---you thought it was illegal as most are manipulated into believing.

And I dont mean a handgun permit either,I mean a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT that allows you ti live with your weapon on your hip.

The facts are my friend that there was and is a current act of collusion taking place in Canada ,an ILLEGAL ACT being committed by the cumulative group of all Firearms officers in all Provinces and territories.

Federal laws allow for every canadian to excercise the right of carrying a concealed handgun,however all the FAOs in ALL the provinces have an informal--ILLEGAL--agreement to not issue them,except under the most ;egally pressing circumstances,this means you need to have 3 DOCUMENTED ATTEMPTS on your very life before you can get a concealed carry permit issued from your Provincial FAO or Firearms Officer-----this is collusional and fraudulent and designed to undermine Federal legeslation.

Yes Canadians have guns but the right is a very tenous one and as we can see by the way the provincial and Civic and Federal governments work together to undermine and defeat Canadians basic rights ,this ability to have and posess firearms cab be taken away at the governments whim and immediatly if they so decree.

If you carry a weapon of any type in many canadian areas for self-defense you will be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon,even a rock or a dull butter knife will get you arrested,we are forced to be defensless and potential victims.

Yes our Farmers are armed and out of 38 million of us how many people are really armed then??Dont believe the stats you read either as they are not accurate,one farmer with ten guns will count as ten gun owners in the stats you will read in reference to how many guns are in Canada pre the population-----just more data manipulation that leads the public to false conclusions.Manipulation.

Ten thousand Chineese troops covertly inserted and armed supported by another ten thousand air dropped from commercial airliners and Canada is a taken country-----we could be taken in 24 hrs.With all strategic points held tight,supperted by tactical nuclear weapons held by Chineese forces in all critical population areas as a deterrant to retaliation by the USA.

Average number of Police in any given major Canadian city is in the hundreds,a team of ten prepared soldiers would wipe out every detatchment within 60 coordinated minutes,leaving the civic Police forces rendered mute.Another set of four two man teams could in that same 60 minutes disable the main power grid,the main Water supply grid,the main Telecommunications grid and the main Transportation hub.

Within possible 120 co-ordinated minutes every major city in Canada would be taken and held via the planting of Tactical nukes as a defense against American intervention,essentially Canada would be held hostage within 2 hours and during that 2 hrs another ten thousand Chineese troops will be dropping out of commercial airliners to support their penetration.

We do NOT have a number of guns distributed around our country that would allow us to even mount civil disobedience,no Wolverines here pal,we are toothless unless all our Farmers rally and head to the big city,ha ha ha ha.

Our only hope is the criminals who might mount an underground defense,but heck they arent decently armed either as there is just no availability here.

Needless to say within 6 hours a massive number of Chineese troops would be arriving via air ,submarine,and Naval vessels,never mind the possibly hundreds of thousands of sleepers likely already planted.I would also imagine that the first hostile action by america would result in a city the size of Winnipeg being obliterated instantly as a token of bad intentions.

Yes,I am misinformed alright,ha ha ha ha.I happen to be one of those Farmers I was mentioning and no most of my Farmer friends would be protecting their families not crusadeing to the city to become martyers.Personally I dont subscribe to peer pressure and i am sure I would gravitate to the epicenter of the action sooner than later.

But no friend we dont really "have guns"here,we are sadly manipulated and forced to be defenceless as a nation.

Remember these words,the next war will not be fought with nukes,it will be a covert war of terrorism as I just outlined and it will be initiated faster than a Blitzkrieg.

Just picture the american fighters shooting down a few Chineese Troop Planes a millisecond before a major city is Vaporised in front of the world via the internet--------I highly doubt there would be any more shootdowns after that and reinforcements would arrive enmasse,remember my words and my warning,Canada has not recieved enough support from the american government and other influential sources in terms of arming the populous---because no one had the foresight i am showing you---Americas weakness is Canada,our population is to spread out and to defenceless,we are the open backdoor and unless we see a MASSIVE push towards arming the people we will remains so,and that will be the avenue taken to defeat the USA in a war.

America has simply planted nukes in Canada as a faster strike deterrant to their opposition and a fallback covered retreat if they are loseing.

America didnt consider the above scenario or thousands just like it,that would render their nukes powerless.

In some american states if a Red Dawn happened ,ha ha ha ha,it would be lights out for anyone who tried to take even a city block,there would be people walking out of their garages towards the Police station under attack spraying deasth all along the way.That is the only chance a country has against a terrorist war as outlines above,a fast heavy definitive cumulative first response from all corners .Literally people running out of their houses armed and loading up their cars with weapons to join the fight immediatly like the freaking Somalis do it.

edit on 11-1-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I am moving back to Wyoming as soon as possible. That's a great place to live at, beautiful views, clean air, almost no traffic even in rush hour. Laws that allow open carry, and most people don't go pooping their pants, or get their panties in a bunch over this fact... Low crime figures because people open carry, and most have firearms...

I have lived in Wyoming, and was involved in state affairs, just like i have been in Florida, and even though there are many good things happening there, trust me, progressives and many liberals are not only trying to change Wyoming as well but have been actively doing it.

Wyoming is rich in many precious metals, and stones, but the problem is that most places that are rich in these gems fall under state parks, and hence it is illegal even to take out one stone (I am trying to make a point by exagerating). What's worse is that progressives/liberals have been allowing more and more companies to lease state lands for large mineral extractions... Yeah, this does give people jobs but when it comes for people to try to strike it rich, that's when "progressives/liberals get their panties in a bunch...

There are so many laws against individuals extracting preciouss metals that you can't sneeze without a progressive/liberal coming down and yelling to the top of their lungs that the world is going to end if you take out anything from state lands...

While this move to solidify the second amentment, and make it illegal for the Feds to enforce their draconian laws is a good step, there are already many draconian laws in states like Wyoming.

There are so many laws in Wyoming that have been introduced by progressive democrats and liberals, that the best state geologist, and one of it's best professors, Dan Hausel, who is author of over 600 books, professional papers, and publications, not to mention that he was the first one to ever draw detailed maps of geologic formations all over Wyoming, got fed up with all the politics of "progress" in Wyoming and left it for good. I know this because we both have had correspondence with each other and discussed "Wyoming problems" in depth.

So if you love liberty/individual rights and want to move to a place like Wyoming, you better do it fast and get involved in it's politics so that "progressives" don't change that state, otherwise there won't be any place left to move into that at least partially defends the U.S. Constitution and your individual rights...

Things might be changing a bit now that Matt Mead is governor of Wyoming, we have yet to see what he does, but I know that "progressives" never stop in their continuous efforts to defecate all over the U.S. Constitution and people's individual rights.

edit on 11-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ah yes, home sweet home

I must say though, before you pack your things and head for the hills (and prairie)...
Be prepared for 60-70 mph winds that will very nearly knock you off your feet (they call it a hurricane, we call it Wednesday), frigid cold temperatures, Mountain lions, Bears and of course Wolves. Throw in some rednecks, roughnecks and good 'ol country folk too. It's not for the faint of heart or weak-minded individuals.
Remember, there's a reason that it's the LEAST populated state in the union.

Ok, I've done my part at keeping the population down to a liveable level and hopefully thwarting a mass exodus of weenies to this wonderful outpost of humanity. People move here and the first thing that they want to do is change it. So many people have moved in recently from larger metropolitan areas and have brought with them all of the mindsets of those areas with them. Stress, aggressive driving habits, etc... I recall not long ago opening the door at a KFC for 2 ladies from our neighbor state to the South. They both were amazed and the younger of the two commented "Nobody has ever done that for me in (fill in your greenie state here), I'm SOOO moving here. It was as if I had laid myself down in the mud for them to cross over my back. All joking aside (ok, I'm not joking all the stuff I said is true) , god how I love this place. My 2 favorite prominent bumper stickers read as follows:

#1. Welcome to Wyoming. Frankly, I don't give a f#$% how you did it back home.
#2. Welcome to Wyoming. Consider Everyone Armed.

Back on topic - Wyoming has shown it's colors regarding the Firearms Freedom Act as well. Other states have it too, but Wyoming's version is what they call "The Firearms Freedom Act with teeth"

edit on 11-1-2013 by sageturkey because: More to add

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

You are right. It is normal weather in Wyoming to have 40-50 mph winds, if you don't have a heavy vehicle it can be overturned by sudden wind gusts.

Yes Wyoming is a dangerous place as well because nature is not kind, and if you don't respect the power of nature, and are aware that it can harm you and even kill you at any time, you might not survive long in Wyoming.

I have driven through whiteouts in Wyoming where you can barely see the road and many times you can't see it at all. Tourists have been found dead during winter, and summer as well because they weren't properly prepared and were not aware of how dangerous nature can be.

If you move and live in a place like Wyoming make sure you have plenty of water, and some food, flares and other signal items etc, as well as warmers/heat packs for winter, some extra clothing, etc in your car, as well as your house.

Of course, also make sure you are armed.
If you find yourself in the company of a bear, or even a moose, and other wild animals don't think that talking about "progress" is going to stop them from using you as a punching meat bag, and don't think either that a 9 mm pistol is going to stop such animals, it will only make them angrier.

edit on 11-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Thanks for the reply, but are you sure that you replied to the correct person? I have never had any dealings with our law enforcement personel here other than reporting a theft - and they were very professional in their work.

ETA - I see that you've deleted your post, figured that you must have mis-directed that one.

edit on 11-1-2013 by sageturkey because: Courtesy is king

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

My apologies,I zigged when I should have zagged.

Dont let them infringe on your gun ownership and rights--make no concessions and go on the legal offensive immediatly ,dont even negotiate a single thing--push for more.

My best wishes to all in Wyoming who are asserting their rights,there is support for you all over the world not just in America.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

My apologies,I zigged when I should have zagged.

Dont let them infringe on your gun ownership and rights--make no concessions and go on the legal offensive immediatly ,dont even negotiate a single thing--push for more.

My best wishes to all in Wyoming who are asserting their rights,there is support for you all over the world not just in America.

Very kind words and oh, so true. I've seen so many negative comments in these threads from others abroad regarding the U.S.A. and it's most refreshing to know that not everyone in Canada thinks of us as un-civilized, selfish cretins and 'cowboys' as they tag us (this is The Cowboy State BTW) for wanting to preserve the basic foundations of our country. Now if we could only get the same love from the UK

ETA - Food for thought with a few facts for an appetizer:
Even though every law-abiding citizen has had the right to open-carry for a number of years here - more recently it's been changed to allow those same citizens to carry a concealed weapon, our homicide rates are almost utopian. In 2010 for example, depending on which source you reference - Wyoming had a total of either 8 or 16 homicides. About the same amount that large metropolitan cities with very strict firearms laws have in 1 day. That's either 1.4 or 2.8 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants depending on the source, not all of which were commited with a firearm.
Source
I don't claim to have the answer as to why it's so low, is it that a larger majority of the citizens ARE armed? Is it that folks here respect the value of human life more? Is it that we're not all crammed-together here like sardines in a can thus imparting more civility to us little fishies? Really can't answer that one, but I think that the facts speak for themselves.

Thanks for your support
edit on 11-1-2013 by sageturkey because: SP and adds

edit on 11-1-2013 by sageturkey because: More

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join