It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
m.washingtonexaminer.com...

Wyoming, stepping up to the plate again, is proposing a new bill to put Obama in his rightful place. OUT of state business.

The Federal government, as most agree, has no business stepping into state business and telling individual states what to do. For those that disagree, see the 10th ammendment.

After Obama was elected the first time, at least 28 states, including Wyoming, had the foresight to see Obama and Holder were coming for their guns. These states passed bills re-affirming their 10th ammendment rights, some directly telling the president to butt out of state business.

There were many heated debates on ATS, with the typical name calling and racial aggressiveness used to attack people who believed Obama was going to make a move for guns. People were called racist, paranoid, mentally ill. It went on and on.

Now, we are facing the sum of all fears. The ugly truth is out now, and regardless of the reason claimed to be the precursor, it was evident from the start this was going to happen. Those with foresight were not so wrong.

This new bill prohibits the Federal Government from creating any laws about guns or magazines in the state of Wyoming. It also has jail and fines for Federal agents that attempt to do anything to anyone in the state with refernce to gun bans, and the state if Wyoming will defend any citizen if the Feds arrest or charge them.

Now. If only more states remembered theur 10th.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
finally states standing up and fed up with the bullcrap trying to be shoved down their throat.. I hope texas is up next!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Way to go WY!

I guess if states can legalize certain substances that are against federal laws, this should work too. Colorado? I'm looking in your general direction.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is great to hear. I knew I liked Wyoming for more than just its amazing lands (been there)

Ive always wanted to move to Wyoming or into that region... perhaps now its time to really get serious about looking into it. Where I live now is simply one of the most liberal, freedom hating places in the country, and its sickening. Speed cameras everywhere, police who really are thugs who will beat you into the ground and get patted on the back by their thug contemporaries, Bama 2008/2012 on every freakin smug drones car bumper, etc.
edit on 1/10/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

link   
Obama has that Big Daddy mentality. I hope many more states stand up to his bullying tactics. He may think our Constitution is toilet paper, but the vast majority of Americans.....read that as States.....do not.

link   
Looks like Wyoming, Montana and Utah will be the places to move to.

They were on my short list a few years back before landing in NH.

Utah is kind of a bummer with all their puritan Mormon crap.

Why is it people cant just be free? They always have to manufacture some stupid spook to impose nonsensical restrictions on their lives.
edit on 10-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

State sovereignty ROCKS...

Go Wyoming!

Use your CONSTITUTIONAL right to do as you see fit. Your STATE constitution that is.....

YEAH!

link   
I'm glad to see this and would have to note....If Missouri follows suit, Uncle Sammy is in DEEP DEEP trouble.

Within my fine state are places like the Lake City ammunition production center, Sierra Bullets and Starline Brass. (big wide grin)

Uncle better refresh his OWN reloading skills if those companies decided they supported the 10th over federalism as well, while within a state willing to protect them from what came next. Oh indeed.... Uncle couldn't do much without the bullets to do it with.

link   
Way to go, Wyoming!

Not surprising, looking at the election results last time around: essentially 70%-28%

It's going to take individual state legislatures to step up, take stands and set examples of courage, similar to that of the health care positions.

Hopefully Wyoming will spark other states and commonwealths to follow suit.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Props to wyoming law makers. This is encouraging to see.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! I, too, was vert excited to see this. I am in Georgia, and we were one of the states that re-affirmed. I kept a running list here on ATS for a long time, but like I said, I lost count around 28. Georgia also opted out on Obamacare. That is usually a good sign where your state will stand on the 10th issue, but with the election, that may actually have changed for the positive. A lot of Republican governors got elected.

Also. I found a thread that not only states, but individual citizens can now sue the Federal government over violations of the 10th ammendnent rights of the state they live in. Perhaps the recent mj laws being passed is why the Feds have been silent on the issue?

Have not had a chance yet to research the link to see if it was appealed or overturned, but looks like the Supreme Court ruled it so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone finds anything contradictory, please let me know. In the meantime, drop a notecto your congress critters and remind them. The 10th can come before the 2nd!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Libertygal because: posted from my phone, sorry, typos

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now that's a thought. I wonder what would happen if the Feds and Homeland Security actually were refused a contract? In my mind, I think the recent government buyout of ammo was to create an intentional shortage of ammo. This has been in the works for a long time.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Libertygal because: t-rex thumbs!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
finally states standing up and fed up with the bullcrap trying to be shoved down their throat.. I hope texas is up next!

I am surprised Texas wasn't first! Perhaps they need a reminder.

(Sly smile) Maybe droo an email?

The 10th can come beforecthe 2nd!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Indeed... I've been watching that too with growing unease. There was (and probably still is) a great gun radio show I listened to weekly while trucking called Gun Talk by Tom Gresham. A great host and really skilled at presenting complex issues in that format. Anyway.. He was talking about the quiet and seeming systematic purchase of firearm and accessory manufacturers which began years ago. I'd never heard him get to the bottom of what pattern, if any, was behind it ...but someone/something out there was actively working on cornering the market by ownership when last I'd heard talk.

Interesting to consider, especially since there has still been no outward signs of that being used for benefit either direction. I do wonder what all that consolidation was all about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Now a red headline on Drudgreport.

This will pick up some steam, I am sure. Still not seeing it on any MSM, and probably won't. I did find this new link from Drudge though, with a link to the bill.

Now called The Firearms Protection Act.

k2radio.com...

Link to the bill:

k2radio.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Indeed... I've been watching that too with growing unease. There was (and probably still is) a great gun radio show I listened to weekly while trucking called Gun Talk by Tom Gresham. A great host and really skilled at presenting complex issues in that format. Anyway.. He was talking about the quiet and seeming systematic purchase of firearm and accessory manufacturers which began years ago. I'd never heard him get to the bottom of what pattern, if any, was behind it ...but someone/something out there was actively working on cornering the market by ownership when last I'd heard talk.

Interesting to consider, especially since there has still been no outward signs of that being used for benefit either direction. I do wonder what all that consolidation was all about.

any research into the Freedom Group will light your way there bunny ... it's a dark tunnel with seemingly only one outlet

which is a fantastic reason to buy from any manufacturer EXCEPT ... Freedom Group members.
[unfortunately, they are many]

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Well Cerebus Capital, which acquired Freedom Group, is selling it's controlling interest in the group. Also, it looks like they plan to sell off the individual companies which would spell trouble for a couple of the brands, like Marlin, H&R.

It is funny that the owner of Cerebus lives in Newtown and Bushmaster is one of the Freedom Group, but other than that I don't see what your point is about them.

That said and back on topic. Good for WY, however, AZ has tried to go around the FED with the 10th as backup and it hasn't turned out too well for them, in the past. Expect to see national news about how crazy/racist/etc that people in WY are . . . it works. No matter where I travel, whenever I have to show I.D., I can always count on at least one comment about how racist/stupid/crazy people in AZ are and why do I even live there.

Get ready for your turn WY, but keep up the good fight.
edit on 1/10/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

i don't follow why the sale by Cerebus matters.
the Freedom Group isn't going anywhere and their numbers are many.
i also wonder why you aren't mentioning who bought the controlling interest ...

either way, Wyoming is a state that will not be publicly ridiculed without backlash.
ppl from Wyoming value their 1st amendment protections as much as they do their 2nd.
this ought to get good

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I still don't see your point or what your issue is with them. Cerebus Capital owns them, after Sandy Hook, the director who lives in Newtown decided to dump them. Lazard (investment bank) will auction off the companies for Cerebus. No one has bought any of the pieces yet, as they just decided to sell a month ago.

Why don't you just come out an say whatever it is you are implying. Doing a search on the group doesn't lead to any rabbit holes, so be direct and help us out. BTW - I don't own or work for any of those manufactures (well, I do own some Barnes .308 ammo), so I don't really care what you have against them. If there is something shady with those manufacturers, let us know.

If this is the internet rumor that Soros owns them, it is false. Cerebus Capitol is not controlled/owned by Soros.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Well good for WY. Are you saying that those in AZ don't value their 1st - 10th rights? When the media paints WY as a bunch of crazy nuts to the rest of the country, nothing WY does will have legitimacy with the rest of the nation and the FED can brush aside, just like anything AZ does. And AZ's fight against immigration and Fast/Furious issues has shown, that the USSC will not back the states against the FED.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join