It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is my take on weapons as a whole, make jokes against me i dont care but here is my opinion.

Instead of talking to arm every civilian why are we not talking about disarming everybody and finally have peace throughout the world. I know what you are thinking who is this left wing nut but hear me out. Could you imagine a utopia where all men are free and equal, with no risk of harm to the individual. Imagine a place where people work together to achieve unbelievable feats together. Only together can we move forward and as individuals we will only move backwards.

To get to this utopia it may require weapons to unify the world but hopefully we can come together and live freely together. Or another way we might be able to work together is if every citizen of earth faced an outside threat that could only be defeated together.

Hopefully one day we can leave in peace and work together but i fear that unless the mentality within people changes, we will be the victims of our own downfall.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Star from me for:

1) Attempting to apologize about possibly insulting people on here.
2) Admitting it was a bad analogy.
3) Recognizing that ATS is a VERY unique place and in no way represents what the majority of US citizens feel or think.

I don't think of ATS'ers as "American", "British", "Canadian", "Aussie", "pick your country here".
Instead, I think of us on here as very unique people who come together to discuss things that you normally won't find discussed anywhere else. No mater if we agree or (sometimes) almost violently disagree on things that are discussed.

We may all come from very different walks in life, but by being here we all have one thing in common, and that's the willingness to speak our minds to each other.......and give our opinions.

Whether they are wanted by others or not!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Iran is looking to have nuclear technology so that they may be not tied down with oil as it is a finite resource, the powers that were do not like that and so we have the media telling us they don't like it..

lol

believe what you want

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Wow, you seriously can't see the difference between a country trying to get nuclear weapons, a country which has threatened the lives of millions and the right of citizens to defend themselves against criminals and a possible tyrannical government?...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

This, again?
Don't worry, I'm not going to get into it again, your choice if you want to just move on, don't star don't flag don't respond. Thank you for taking the time to read though, I do appreciate your time spent on here.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Star from me for:

1) Attempting to apologize about possibly insulting people on here.
2) Admitting it was a bad analogy.
3) Recognizing that ATS is a VERY unique place and in no way represents what the majority of US citizens feel or think.

I don't think of ATS'ers as "American", "British", "Canadian", "Aussie", "pick your country here".
Instead, I think of us on here as very unique people who come together to discuss things that you normally won't find discussed anywhere else. No mater if we agree or (sometimes) almost violently disagree on things that are discussed.

We may all come from very different walks in life, but by being here we all have one thing in common, and that's the willingness to speak our minds to each other.......and give our opinions.

Whether they are wanted by others or not!

Well, you have to admit (if you read the thread) you five were acting no better than me.
All I wanted was an American's take on a question I wanted answered. It doesn't bother me anymore. I explained myself multiple times and you people wanted to focus on the wording of a question rather than what it was supposed to be about.
That's fine. That's your prerogative. I was attempting to ask a question designed to make people think. You five wanted to derail it with insults and general bad behaviour. You succeeded, I stopped feeding the trolls and apologized, and I never heard from them again...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
Iran is looking to have nuclear technology so that they may be not tied down with oil as it is a finite resource, the powers that were do not like that and so we have the media telling us they don't like it..

lol

believe what you want

That is exactly what I believe, or that they want to enrich it to sell the finished product to other countries.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HopefulIdeologist
This is my take on weapons as a whole, make jokes against me i dont care but here is my opinion.

Instead of talking to arm every civilian why are we not talking about disarming everybody and finally have peace throughout the world. I know what you are thinking who is this left wing nut but hear me out. Could you imagine a utopia where all men are free and equal, with no risk of harm to the individual. Imagine a place where people work together to achieve unbelievable feats together. Only together can we move forward and as individuals we will only move backwards.

To get to this utopia it may require weapons to unify the world but hopefully we can come together and live freely together. Or another way we might be able to work together is if every citizen of earth faced an outside threat that could only be defeated together.

Hopefully one day we can leave in peace and work together but i fear that unless the mentality within people changes, we will be the victims of our own downfall.

Even if you take away all the weapons in the world, people will still have fists. As you can tell from reading some posts in this thread, being civil is not a part of being civilized. There would always be those guys that want/have to be right and would do something, anything, to be right. Personally, I would protect myself against those people if they came to my door.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Bluesma

Has more to do with the silly comments of the sort "the rest of the world is jealous of our freedoms"

Well the rest of the world still wants to be here. Perhaps not just for the "freedoms" but for the "opportunities". Ever been inside an INS office in the States? People from every country all sitting waiting for their green cards or citizenship which they have either applied for or are in process of applying.

Iran also has a very high immigration number.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I clarified myself and you five still kept at it. That was just as bad poor form.
Maybe next time don't concentrate on the package, but the content.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Right. Try reading the thread and then you will understand what this is about. 8 people so far that don't get it.

No, we understand. We think your logic is flawed. You are comparing things that don't equate. It's a flawed argument. It shows you don't grasp simple concepts and therefore can be safely ignored.

V

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Superman is right. Take 6 shooters off granny and let everyone have nukes.

*sarcasm*

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Superman is right. Take 6 shooters off granny and let everyone have nukes.

*sarcasm*

Damn straight! That's exactly what I am saying.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

Right. Try reading the thread and then you will understand what this is about. 8 people so far that don't get it.

No, we understand. We think your logic is flawed. You are comparing things that don't equate. It's a flawed argument. It shows you don't grasp simple concepts and therefore can be safely ignored.

V

Sure, if you can't read an entire thread or the MANY times that I clarified for people that didn't get it you are exactly right.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ahh... that ... young grasshopper is an example of western hypocracy at its finest ... its o.k for westerners - americans in particular to murder for profit and resources around the world... but no one else has the right to protect themselves... either accept american tyranny and oppression .. oops.. dumbocracy and freedom.. or get invaded and your people murdured for the resources in your country...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

That ring in your nose must be terribly uncomfortable. It must get even more annoying when the MSM grabs hold and leads you around. As far as I can see, only TPTB and their minions would be the only ones who oppose equality! Which side are YOU really on, to suggest this thread be closed? To me, that seems all TPTBish.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ask washington taht question what the people of the usa think means NOTHING
edit on 11-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As an American, I am all for non-intervention. Especially with regards to Iran. That is strictly an Israeli issue imo. I firmly believe in trade (carrot and a stick), because when trade crosses borders, armies do not. I also cannot fault Iran for wanting Nuclear weapons. Especially considering Israel - a nation that threatens to attack Iran with military force - has them.

I honestly do not think Iran is has deranged as many people think they are. They have some whacky leaders, but so do we.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Kudos to the original poster for raising some interesting ideas.

Here in the US they've been beating off to the "Iran's nukes are a terrible problem" masturbation/mind control for years now; most of us don't believe it at all. And the implied corallary, that if Iran gets nukes it will destroy Israel and pull the US by default into World War Three, doesn't fly with ALL of us US citizens; we see it as the manipulation and mind control that it is. Israel is a failed experiment, anyway; you don't just put people as an invading group into a region they haven't lived in for thousands of years and expect that to work or for that to be appropriate; but here in the US the predominant mind control of "support Israel at all costs" still influences many.

Anyway, it's all a load of bollocks, as you say in the UK. And some of us in the US see it for the absolute crap that it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
United States likes to get in everybody's business. I don't think the United States has any say what Iran should do. Everyone is building atomic weapons for defense why should Iran not do so? If America wants to remain allies with Israel and Iran launches a nuke at them, they will be expecting war. That is Iran's stupid decision to do that. But telling other countries what to do is like some random person telling your family your customs are wrong.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join