It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Lynch never beaten or abused.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
VzH

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
in each war of History.
each side made up a hero.....................

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Here we go wasting bandwidth again! info,You've only proved you're ignorant

I don't want to speak for anyone else here, but I was never under the impression that the medical staff was abusing or beating her. Rather it was the guards and Iraqi soldier that caused her injuries. Here's another link for you, since you like links: www.cnn.com...

Which says: Muhsin said Lynch's guards beat her and tried to stop doctors from checking on her more than twice a day, but that he and others on the staff would give her biscuits, oranges, milk and medicine from their own limited supplies.

(Ahmed Muhsin is a resident doctor at that hospital.) So, since you're willing to believe Iraqi medical staff and that doctor says guards beat her would you agree then she was 'abused and beaten'? (and therefore, probably didn't fall off her vehicle?)

Ignorant, no , I pay attention to everything being said and reported.

If you want to believe the Iraqi guards go around beating on small, thin and fragile women that's your ignorance.

If you feel though it's a waste of bandwidth, there would be no need to reply. So in the future, don't.

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Info]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"If you want to believe the and Iraqi guards go around beating on small, thin and fragile women that's your ignorance."

Nah...they just walk up to prostitutes on the street and behead them... I think you have a rather rose-colored view of the more radical elements of the former Iraqi military (not the rank and file mind you, but the special forces loyal to Saddam)....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"(not the rank and file mind you, but the special forces loyal to Saddam).... "-----Garzok

That is hitten em' hard.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Info

If you want to believe the Iraqi guards go around beating on small, thin and fragile women that's your ignorance.

You show a lack of information in this statement info. What do you think the Iraqis have been doing to their own people for the last 25 years.

Being one of the few miitary personel captured by the Iraqi's, I find it more than logical that they would vent their frustration on her.

I would be surprised if Lynch said that her guards had treated her well. The fact that she wasn't put on TV straight away may mean that they were never intending to acknowlege her capture. Only the swift advance into Iraq may have saved her life.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i think that her injuries were exagerated by the government to push people more towards favoring the war. (not exagerated by alot though)

-A common enemy unites us all- Good use of propaganda........

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by Info

You show a lack of information in this statement info. What do you think the Iraqis have been doing to their own people for the last 25 years.

No, you're wrong. I came to my conclusion do to the fact it was reported just how scared Iraqi's were holding American POWs. Actually, it was reported that the first group of POWs kept getting handing off to other Iraqi military figures because they were scared of being caught with the American POWs by the American military. Not to mention, the first group of POWs came home just fine, did you not see them on TV in good health with big happy faces?

The fact of the matter is, none of our POWs got beaten because Iraqi military knew better.

If you wanted to cause harm to someone but you knew if you did someone bigger and badder would cause harm back only double the charm, would you still in fact cause harm? I think not.

*Edit*

I would also like to point out that if Jessica Lynch was so beaten as many sheople seem to believe, why then would they have made up the story about the bullet wounds and stab wounds? Why would they need to lie about bullet wounds and stab wounds if she was beaten? Well, they wouldn't have had to would they? Exactly.

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by Info]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The other prisoners were treated well becuase within 24hrs of being captured they were paraded on Iraqi TV. Now, if they came home in a worse condition then, whoever was in charge of them would be a war criminal.

In Jessica Lynch's case she wasn't shown on TV until after she was rescued. Therefore, in my opinion if the war had gone more slowly, she would very have been held indefinately or killed.

The fact that she was a women soldier may have been offensive to those who were holding her. Anyway, just look at what the Iraqi military did to allied prisoners in 1991.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Good point mad scientist. War Prisoners are tricky buisness. Sad to say but sometimes they can even be an advantage to the gov. They can use them to show how bad the enemy is and gain support for the pro-war side.
grrrrrr!!! propaganda!!!

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
The other prisoners were treated well becuase within 24hrs of being captured they were paraded on Iraqi TV. Now, if they came home in a worse condition then, whoever was in charge of them would be a war criminal.

So you say.

You avoided my question though, so I will ask it once again.

"I would also like to point out that if Jessica Lynch was so beaten as many sheople seem to believe, why then would they have made up the story about the bullet wounds and stab wounds? Why would they need to lie about bullet wounds and stab wounds if she was beaten? Well, they wouldn't have had to would they? Exactly."

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I would just put it down to the ' fog of war '.
Info you read too much into things when there is nothing there.

The article is extremely bias with almost no input from the US miltary. So the words of a few Iraqi's who are probably scared of being implicated really hold no weight.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Not abused eh ?

The 32-year-old lawyer risked his life to tell US marines Lynch was being held captive at the hospital in Nasiriyah where his wife worked as a nurse. Motivated by compassion, Mohammed told reporters how "my heart cut" when he saw the bandaged 19-year-old blonde being slapped around by a Fedayeen commander.

www.smh.com.au...

U.S. forces were tipped off as to her whereabouts by an Iraqi, sympathetic to her plight, who told them she had been tortured and injured but was still alive. The Iraqi has been described as a 32-year-old lawyer called Mohammed. Mohammed and his family were granted refugee status by American forces, but his surname had been withheld. He was later identified as Mohammed Odeh al Rehaief.

www.wikipedia.org...

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
White light occurs when three filters are superimposed upon each other, red, yellow, and blue. White is truth. In order to find the truth, we must super imposes different accounts upon each other to find the white space inbetween.

As a former female soldier in the gulf, views toward women tend to be tricky. You have some Arabs who would cringe at the thought of attacking a woman, even in self defense, because the Koran condemns the beating of women, because they are considered fragile and weak. There are some who are the equivilant of mid east trailer trash, who would do it.

It is more than likely jessica was seriously injured in the wreck from being ambushed. There was no mention of her from the other POWs who were in her unit, as far as the much touted "heroics". In fact, that story came a few days after her rescue. How would they know?

Does anyone remeber a few hours after the reports of her rescue, that there were reports of her being seemingly unharmed when they found her, but took a few rounds of friendly fire in the rescue attempt? That suddenly disappeared. Ive noticed that certain things get reported too quickly, then dropped from news mention like they never happened. It wouldnt surprise me if she had taken a few hits from her own fellow americans during the mess, and then later doctors claimed she had knife and bullet wounds from her Custer imitation.

According to the other POWs, they were roughed up a little bit during thier surrender. But nothing that would have been considered brutal. The Iraqi soldiers are fighting enemies. They aint gonan catch u then shake yer hand, for gods sake. But the prisoners did report that they werent starved or tortured. In some cases, the guards became more sympathetic. The other female soldier captured, SPC Johnson, said that when they dicovered she was female, the iraqi soldiers were actually more gentle towards her than they were the males.

Lynch was seperated from the others probably because she was too badly injured to join them, and was taken to the nearest hospital. Its not unlikely that a couple of roughians who had less discipline might have taken a few whacks at her. But in all, she more than likely was not brutally beaten by her guards. The other female pow confirms this, saying the same soldiers who captured her were a little kinder.

What is really damning now is this sudden "amnesia" that Lynch supposedly had. My guess is they dont want lynch giving the real story, so they keep her well doped up and dazed so they can maybe wash her memory and fill it with horror stories of getting punched and beaten by "Iraqi savages". Only time will tell.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The US can't stop her from telling her story if she wants to. Amnesia in this case is probably the result of a traumatic experience. Or maybe some things happened to her which she doesn't want the public knowing ( ie.rape) and I don't blame her. It's her life.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The US has stopped people from telling before on several occasions. They are even in more a position to do it now, her being under medical supervision and all.

Rape is highly unlikely. The physical evidence would have been there.

Now she suddenly lapses into amnesia, when she didnt have it before. Very suspicious. Maybe they will hypnotize her and make her think something will happen. It has been done several times.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The US has stopped people from telling before on several occasions. They are even in more a position to do it now, her being under medical supervision and all.

Rape is highly unlikely. The physical evidence would have been there.

Now she suddenly lapses into amnesia, when she didnt have it before. Very suspicious. Maybe they will hypnotize her and make her think something will happen. It has been done several times.

Well, if as you say they are trying to gag her, then surely they could with hold evidience of rape from the public.
Anyway, it makes no difference now if she was tortured or treated like a princess. It may have been important during the war but makes no difference now. I don't think the US military could careless if she talked or not. It isn't going to make a difference to them at all.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well, yes it does. If the blew one story way out of proportion, light will be shed on other things as well.

The US military does gag people quite frequnetly. You are paraded images of soldiers cheering for bush and pretty much pro war obviously. Those who have objections, or who discover things, the sut up. I have seen many instances in issues of a much more minor nature of people getting low level gagging.

Like all things, wait about 50 years, the truth will come out, by then, no one shall care.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
honestly, do people really care now. I fail to see if this has been misreported how it will shed light on other things.
If she had or had not been tortured would make no difference to anything. No policies or decisions were made under the guise of her supposed torture, so why should the US military care.

I think what it comes down to is some people being just a little paranoid.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It does matter. It would be yet another screwy story in this mess. Another way to rally up war support, demonize the Arabs and Muslims, ect. No policies needed. maybe new policies will be made. The point is its another case of boldfaced BS. Thats the point.

If this story was hatched, how many other tales from the hood are as well? How many real evils went unreported?

Thats the signfigance. Its an arguement.

A person who is paranoid is in posseion of most of the facts. Paranoia is the first step away from sheephood.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
It does matter. It would be yet another screwy story in this mess. Another way to rally up war support, demonize the Arabs and Muslims, ect. No policies needed. maybe new policies will be made. The point is its another case of boldfaced BS. Thats the point.

If this story was hatched, how many other tales from the hood are as well? How many real evils went unreported?

Thats the signfigance. Its an arguement.

A person who is paranoid is in posseion of most of the facts. Paranoia is the first step away from sheephood.

Thanks Elf, it's nice knowing I'm not alone. You made really nice points and had no problem having to point them out. I myself really hate doing that and try and force others to do it for themselves. People don't tend to think enough, is it really that hard to view every angle? I guess for some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join