It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were forced to say "yes" to everything forever or "no" to everything forever, which woul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

We're not making the assumption here that "no" is always negative and "yes" is always positive, are we?

Not saying that you implied or said that, just asking.

Not at all ~Lucidity. We are taking a logical stance that both options provide negative and positive potentials. That's all my friend.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is true!
Thanks for answering. You statement got me to thinking along those lines, and that's a positive too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And that if a FORCE was being applied that it obviously is not benevolent in its agenda to wish to attempt to produce conscious entangle technology upon the mind of a developing CREATOR Creation..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

NO = no change or live to the fullest, possibly live longer. AKA Living in a room forever.

Yes = live life to fullest, but it might be short. AKA Bungee Jumping.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Anytime ~Lucidity
, 1 shall try to assist with reasonable responses when applicable.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Ah...but I'd say no to living in a room forever unless that is how I chose to live.

And I wouldn't say anything to bungee jumping...if I wanted to do it I would (and have)!

I guess I'm not counting saying yes to myself internally or something?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To life I would always say 'Yes.'
To someone I would always say 'No.'

I obey life. I disobey someones.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I would say 'no' so that I would not be forced to say, kill someone or something bad, but if asked a question I would say like to go to a party, which I would, I could say either.. 'don't ask, just tell me to go' or 'I wouldn't say no' or 'no I wouldn't like, I would love to'

The point was living and agreeing to everything ("yes" to everything) or living and rejecting everything ("no" to everything)

Say, no, I wouldn't like to , I would love to - is still agreeing.

"Will you help the hungry?" No, because I already do and will continue to do so if and when I choose to.

If someone is asking for help, you would have to reject them if you were forced to say "no" all the time; but if you were forced to say "yes" all the time, you would have to keep helping whoever need help to the best of your ability.

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
And that if a FORCE was being applied that it obviously is not benevolent in its agenda to wish to attempt to produce conscious entangle technology upon the mind of a developing CREATOR Creation..

NAMASTE*******

There are forces such as gravity. I don't think that is evil... or is it?

If Creator wanted to construct a world of beings that are fully saying yes to everything in life and fully saying no to everything in life BUT they get to choose which side to be on... I wonder how that would all play out?

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by arpgme

To life I would always say 'Yes.'
To someone I would always say 'No.'

I obey life. I disobey someones.

The conditions of the original post is that you would always have to agree (say "yes") to whatever is happening in life whether by circumstances or another person versus always disagreeing (saying no) under these circumstances which would you rather have is this is the way life had to be lived?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hahaha, i should have been more clearer.. i meant to say, saying "No" is like living in a room, when you compare life. and saying "Yes" is like bungee jumping everyday.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but you knew that
I guess I'm just struggling with does this question count if you say yes or no to yourself. As well as against external influences that may or may not be good. It's an interesting question, that's for sure. But I still say that saying no gets you in less trouble and gives you more grief than saying yes does.
edit on 1/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

seems the moral of the story here ( just read the original post ) is that extremes never work out. The balance somewhere in the middle is key ( 99.9999999 percent of the time )

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Since it is only humans I speak to, it would be 'no.'

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I guess I'm just struggling with does this question count if you say yes or no to yourself.

I'm not sure how to answer that. If you always say "yes" including to yourself, then you would be able to do whatever you want, but when someone /life asks of something different you will agree to that. It is going through life in agreement of what happens compared to going through life with all disagreements of what happens. If you always say "no" including to yourself then you probably wouldn't eat, sleep, or even move. Hmm, interesting thought...

reply to post by indigothefish

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by arpgme

seems the moral of the story here ( just read the original post ) is that extremes never work out. The balance somewhere in the middle is key ( 99.9999999 percent of the time )

I don't think there is a moral here - just a thought experiment. If you were forced into an extreme which would it be? All agreement to what happens in life (people) or all disagreement?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
For me, I'd probably have to go with no all the time. the thought of me being controlled and manipulated by saying yes all the time doesn't go well with me. the way I see it someone would be saying "no" to all the good stuff that could happen in life and "yes" to all the bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I work iaw basic laws
- I choose the path of least resistance.
- I owe no one anything
- Be sweet and kind always give people what they want
- be cunning and ruthless around control freaks
- lot of people are crazier than monkeys swinging in a tree

Therefore choosimg yes or no will be a decision made which falls within the circle of them items.
edit on 10-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I would say 'no' so that I would not be forced to say, kill someone or something bad, but if asked a question I would say like to go to a party, which I would, I could say either.. 'don't ask, just tell me to go' or 'I wouldn't say no' or 'no I wouldn't like, I would love to'

The point was living and agreeing to everything ("yes" to everything) or living and rejecting everything ("no" to everything)

Say, no, I wouldn't like to , I would love to - is still agreeing.

Both situations would lead to isolation. Saying no would force you away from people as you would reject everything they asked you and saying yes would lead to isolation because you would have to withdraw a lot for fear of being asked to do something that you were morally against. So neither is a good solution. However, at least with the 'yes' option, one could still take part in society in a more or less normal way when one chose to be within a social group setting and then just withdraw and be a hermit when things got tough or walk away and not answer. With the 'no' option you wouldn't even get the chance to be in the social zone. So I guess I would say I would be in the 'yes' category.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It says always yes to life. It is to find 'it', or maybe better, to let 'it' find you.
?.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join