If you were forced to say "yes" to everything forever or "no" to everything forever, which woul

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If you had to choose between saying "yes" to what someone/life asks of you and saying "no" to whatever someone/life asks of you for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Think of the positive and negative.

If you keep saying "no" - disagreeing to everything, you would not be able to have new experiences it seems, you would just be saying no to all of your friends, family, and new opportunities that enters your life. You would also probably get into a lot of conflict/argument since you would always be disagreeing with what everyone had to say, and probably a complainer. You would have to be apathetic not caring about suffering people saying "no" on the request to help them. The positive thing is that you can at least feel unique and never have to worry about being controlled.

Now, if you had to keep saying "yes" - agreeing to everything. You will sometimes be forced to do things that you would not like to do. Would would also not be able to reveal to much of yourself to anyone in order to avoid conflict. You would have to sometimes be "fake" , "pretend", just to keep the harmony among you and others. The positive side to this is that your roles in life would quickly be changing, you would be a new "person" all the time and life will be fun and dynamic. You will also be able to be compassionate helping people who are suffering. You will also have many new experiences, but you may feel like you are being "controlled" at times.

Which would you rather prefer if you were forced to choose and why?
edit on 9-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


YES MAN YES MAN YES MAN!!! Let me guess, you were just watching the Jim Carrey flick?

Anyways, since I have the FREEDOM (still) to pick whether I want to say yes or no, I CHOOSE (legally, for now) to say neither.....lol




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh boy...there are far less consequences if you were to say no but that would be much more boring. So i am saying YES all the way home.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would say to whomever was forcing me to choose
that I'd have to get back with them, thereby inventing
the word "Maybe"


And although my post is a cop out
I think your premise is interesting and you'll get many
replies. Some much more smart *** than mine.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
 


Come on, if you were forced to which would you choose? Make this thread interesting.


reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


I figured that as well. I wonder if you would be able to survive if you kept saying "no" all the time? Eventually you may say "no" to something needed for survival. Then again, you could say "yes" to something that very fatal. It's hard to pick either way, but I think I would pick "Yes" since saying no would make the experience of life pointless.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's a good thing we don't have to choose one for our entire lives.

If forced to choose, I would choose Yes. I would rather have the consistent change, harmony with others/life, and new experiences (even if they are ones I don't want) than one of negativity and control. You get far more out of life that way.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No's to negative, probably safer but you'd miss out on so much.

Do you want some food? NO
A Kiss or Hug? NO
Holiday, marry me? NO

But Yes would be so much better, it could cause trouble but much more fun.

Do you want some food? YES
A Kiss or Hug? YES,YES
Holiday, marry me? YES, YES,YES!

Well you get the point


I wonder if couples would be made up of a NO person and YES person, opposites attracting and all

The world would still be divided but not into as many groups.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Forever is a very long time, i wouldnt want to contemplate such a thing. Infinity has lost many scientific minds



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar
 


Your response did not answer the question at all, "forever" can also be "for the whole of this life time".



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Always No.

If you always say no to offers/situations given to you... you prevent yourself from being forced to do things you don't want to do. This does not imply however that you are prevented from self initiating an action. So while you may never be able to say yes to that attractive person that propositions you... you wouldn't be prevented from propositioning them yourself. It means you won't be *forced* to do something you are afraid to do, but you won't be prevented from mustering the courage to still do it.

If you always say yes... you guarantee you'll be exposed to things you don't want to be exposed to while not actually gaining anything in return. You can still ask for food or a hug or going for a walk when taking the "default no" option.

Unless of course a person is quite comfortable with "anything" happening and just wants "whatever" to happen. Were I in that state of mood, then the always yes would be quite the "journey" though it's probably one I'd only ever initiate with a built in expiration. So for longest possible term option I still go for default no.
edit on 9-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


I would answer yes because it wouldn't stop me from saying, "yes I agree that this is your opinion about what I should do, but I won't do it" ~ or words to that effect.




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion
 



Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
Always No.

If you always say no to offers/situations given to you... you prevent yourself from being forced to do things you don't want to do. This does not imply however that you are prevented from self initiating an action. So while you may never be able to say yes to that attractive person that propositions you... you wouldn't be prevented from propositioning them yourself. It means you won't be *forced* to do something you are afraid to do, but you won't be prevented from mustering the courage to still do it.

I see nothing in the OP that suggests you can't still ask for food or a hug or going for a walk when taking the "default no" option.
edit on 9-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)


It would be impossible to "ask" anyone for anything because that requires an agreement and we are talking about rejection (No!).


reply to post by frazzle
 



Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by arpgme
 


I would answer yes because it wouldn't stop me from saying, "yes I agree that this is your opinion about what I should do, but I won't do it" ~ or words to that effect.



You would be forced to do it under those conditions. It is always an agreement (Yes!).



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would say 'no' so that I would not be forced to say, kill someone or something bad, but if asked a question I would say like to go to a party, which I would, I could say either.. 'don't ask, just tell me to go' or 'I wouldn't say no' or 'no I wouldn't like, I would love to'



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 



You would be forced to do it under those conditions."


I always have to ask. Or else .... what?

BTW, there is no such thing as forever.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
BTW, there is no such thing as forever.


Except the universe, in every sense of the word.

I would go with "No". Because every-time I say yes, it always backfires.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


Well duh. I was referring to this mortal coil.

But I do like your second point.
edit on 9-1-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
If you had to choose between saying "yes" to what someone/life asks of you and saying "no" to whatever someone/life asks of you for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Think of the positive and negative.

If you keep saying "no" - disagreeing to everything, you would not be able to have new experiences it seems, you would just be saying no to all of your friends, family, and new opportunities that enters your life. You would also probably get into a lot of conflict/argument since you would always be disagreeing with what everyone had to say, and probably a complainer. You would have to be apathetic not caring about suffering people saying "no" on the request to help them. The positive thing is that you can at least feel unique and never have to worry about being controlled.

Now, if you had to keep saying "yes" - agreeing to everything. You will sometimes be forced to do things that you would not like to do. Would would also not be able to reveal to much of yourself to anyone in order to avoid conflict. You would have to sometimes be "fake" , "pretend", just to keep the harmony among you and others. The positive side to this is that your roles in life would quickly be changing, you would be a new "person" all the time and life will be fun and dynamic. You will also be able to be compassionate helping people who are suffering. You will also have many new experiences, but you may feel like you are being "controlled" at times.

Which would you rather prefer if you were forced to choose and why?
edit on 9-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)


Force only applies to the conscious not accepting of higher or lower levels of Existence. With that 1 would probably Ignore for saying yes can mean if asked I will sell my soul/spirit/internal energy with whatever deceptive acts asked of me.. And just saying no as you have stated will basically leave any who my see me having potential to help abandon their call no matter who it was.. So again I would Ignore which would probably upset some who would wish to force their energy upon the, which may end / begin in / a unknown but... Again its all based on how powerful some perceive themselves in the forcing position for they may be strong in 1 perspective but completely vulnerable in another DO TO THEIR NAFARIOUS ACTIONS ON OTHERS IN 1 REALM NEEDING BALANCED UPON THEIR NAFARIOUS SOULS/SPIRITS/INTERNAL ENERGIES WITHIN ANOTHER.

Very interesting question arpgme...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 1/9/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No

Life got a lot better once I learned to start saying no to things. I've deleted a lot of things that I came to realize didn't matter. I no longer do things I don't really want to do or hang with people I didn't want to hang with or want things I didn't really need. I no longer need to make that many choices influenced by "others" now.

"Do you want food?" Saying "no" doesn't preclude me from getting my own food.

"Will you help the hungry?" No, because I already do and will continue to do so if and when I choose to.

I don't need anyone's prodding or encouragement or influence or pressure, I just do. And the people who really know me and who really care won't ask, they'll just do too.

Internal forces are what guide me, I guess.
edit on 1/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
[color=gold]

1 wonders what would some do if they were given free WILL to do as they wished w/o knowing they were ALL being observed by guardian/testing/energy evaluation forces. Forces that have echoed through all species developed enough to experience positive and negative activities and have been the FORCES OF HOPE spoken of and war rd against, that always pop up when it seems Pandora's box has emptied... upon a CREATOR Creation or species of them.

what would it be like right now



and what is the result when the Higher ups call upon rebalance of these realms REGUARDLESS of who feels what. Defense as if they learned as well... Hmmmm

edit on 1/9/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


We're not making the assumption here that "no" is always negative and "yes" is always positive, are we?

Not saying that you implied or said that, just asking.





new topics




 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join