It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat travels 190 miles back home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is an amazing story of Holly, the feline who made an incredible 190 mile trip home after being accidentally left in another city. She traveled for 62 days until she made it back home.

Then she showed up, skin and bones, paws rubbed raw and too exhausted to meow, in Barb Mazzola's Palm Beach Gardens yard. "She was pitiful. She just stood there, ready to collapse," said Mazzola, who rushed to the store for cat food and began feeding the cat she named Cosette.

Lost cat makes incredible journey home

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I can only S@F this thread once! Darn, what a beautiful story, if only we knew the story of Holly's journey.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
She should be arrested for endangering the life of her pet and cruelty to animals.

Sorry - I've read so many liberal rants lately I've started wanting to arrest and punish everyone I disagree with.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I knew Homeward Bound was on to something

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Cats are amazing animals. My house cat "escaped" from my house last year and came back home after 2 weeks. He looked amazingly healthy but since then I have forbidden him to sunbathe outside...only on the enclosed patio..lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's so weird how animals can travel the roads they have never been on before and arrive back to where they belong. If that happened to me I would be dead in 5 days or less, lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Cats are amazing creatures...
I wonder what went through her mind while she was traveling...
"must find master... so hungry... must, keep, walking..."

Anyhow, cool story.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Our cat was gone for 32 days. We had put up posters and searched the neighborhood. We had given up hope that anyone would return him. One night my son came home late and said he thought Echo was outside we went to look. He ran in the house meowing like crazy. He was skin and bones too. You could see his ribs.

Also it looked like someone had tied him up. Where his collar was all the hair was rubbed off. I have no idea why someone would tie a cat up. We are very grateful to have our "pretty kitty" back.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I wish humans had or exhibited the ability to travel to places they had been before without outside aids (compasses, charts, maps, etc). I bet we once had this ability but it now lays dormant in us.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

What a wonderful story...for a while unhappy circumstances...but with a good ending. Thankfully a good Samaritan had mercy on Holly...gave her a temporary home with lots of care and love; got her to the Vet; and eventually back to her original owners.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing. How would a wee thing like that know which direction to go or how to get home? It is not like it has made a scent marking path back to it's house. Good that it made it though.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Cats are amazing creatures and often smarter than we think. What a beautiful and heart warming story. I am so happy this precious kitty is re-united with her family.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Thanks for posting this story just for a diversion from the same old same old. I caught a little bit of the story on the run earlier and it reminded me of the Incredible Journey which many people don't know is a true story about 2 dogs and a cat that traveled an enormous distance, to find their owners and family. Animals are pretty amazing.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This happened with my cat.... I took him for a ride over my friends house about 30 miles away, well once I stopped to talk with my friend my cat jumped out of the car and ran into the woods.... I stayed there calling him for a couple hours, then went home... Went back there everyday for a week trying to see if he would pop out of those woods and come to me with no luck....

Well 2 months later I hear a cat crying at the front door, it was him! I couldn't believe it, he must have been eating good because he got HUGE.. Anyhow he came in the house and slept for 2 days straight in my bed, then he left and came back 1 week later... Finally he went outside and never came back, I guess that time spent in the wild changed him and he just came back to say goodbye... Nobody believes me except for the people who were at my house to witness it.....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I cant blame the cat for bolting. Who wants to sit at a NASCAR race???

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I personally like cats more than dogs. Something about them -- agile & frisky. They make great companions. The only thing that's a downside is the Toxoplasma gondii parasite they're prone to carry & spread.... when I found out about that I was a bit creeped out.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolidGoal
Cats are amazing creatures...
I wonder what went through her mind while she was traveling...
"must find master... so hungry... must, keep, walking..."

Anyhow, cool story.

Cats don't keep humans as their master like dogs, either equal or slave

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Amazing!

Next time I need directions, I am so asking that cat.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have had cats for all my life during different periods.There is nothing like a cat that you have since it's birth...They really take you as one of their own and treat you as a parent...I have probably had more than 20-30 different cats and they all had different personalities just like humans....Cats are very adventurous ,specially when they are male and young.They tend to disappear every once in awhile and come back all nasty and exhusted...I had a couple of them lost for months and returned home but they looked like they have been through a lot!...It takes a lot of understanding,unselfishness,devotion and respect to own a happy cat that really connects and relates to you,but in return they give you the joy of one of the worlds most amazing creatures company.....If only we humans could treat each other as such..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I lost my cat Selina (beenies) once for over a week, we looked everywhere and finally found her dead on the hwy a mile away.

We brought her home and gave her a funeral, very sad times because we loved her so much...

The next day we began to see her "ghost" just glimpses at first but enough to where we all discussed having seen her dashing to and fro between buildings, tree's, bushes and such.

That night she came up to the back porch and shimmied her way in through the doggie door...

We buried the wrong cat!

Yes cats are amazing and unpredictable, I suppose thats why some of us just love them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join