It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More mystery booms. This time in my neck of the woods (Evansville, IN and KY area)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hey everyone. If this has been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it, and I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I've seen many of these mystery booms popping up over the past few months but I never thought it would happen anywhere near me, so I was really intrigued when I started hearing reports of such on the local news here yesterday. For the past two days it's been all over the local news that people in the Evansville, IN area and areas all around IN and KY have been hearing loud, house-shaking booms.

Apparently facebook has been exploding with reports from all over the area. I saw some reports of a car fire and explosion, but I do not believe that was the cause as there have been reports coming in from far outside the city of Evansville. I just saw one person on the news saying the booming is so loud and powerful, it's actually cracking her walls.

Earthquakes, sonic booms, military exercises, exploding transformers and mining have apparently been ruled out as potential causes (this was said on the news just moments ago). Here's the story on a local news site:

Things That Go Boom In the Night

So anyone in this area of the country hear or feel anything? I haven't personally, but Evansville is only around 50 minutes away from me and there have been booms reported in areas that are much closer as well. I found it pretty cool (and a little scary!) to have this conspiracy taking place so close.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Is this what your talking about? Doesn't seem to be any videos on youtube except for this report..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's real faint on the trace...but would the bumps in this be those explosions from a distance? In watching seismographs for awhile (not this, the b&w Heliplots...which are wild readings atm too BTW) I've come to see how far away the instruments detect. This is from a New Madrid area reading

New Madrid Area Helicorders

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
On the extinction protocol today they had an article about booms being reported from coast to coast yesterday. Don't know how to put up link

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Been hearing them all day since yesterday.

News knew nothing, but here is a release...

Hill officials blamed the 2nd Bomb Wing of Barksdale Air Force in Louisiana, which was using B-52s to drop bombs in Utah's west desert.

"We believe conditions were perfect for the noise to travel a long distance," Air Force spokesman George Jozens said Wednesday.

Do I believe it?? Yes. I spotted the B-52 Bomber Group in flight around 11am.
edit on 9-1-2013 by smirkley because: added

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There was also a sonic boom reported in North Hollywood, CA yesterday night as well.

Eerie maybe.

AAC

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Hm...B-2 Bombers dropping bombs in Utah's desert and the sound is heard all the way here in KY/Indiana and shakes houses? I'm afraid I don't buy it...

I haven't heard any more mention of this either on the news. Seems to be one of those mysterious events that pops up and gets a lot of attention for a few days then fades away and everyone forgets about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OK, this may be just a little far out, but some people have claimed that, after the booms, they see armed attack helicopters going around the area looking for something. I've read that that kind of search often happens when UFOs are seen. I've also read that some of the better aliens claim that some of the bad aliens are coming out of warp drive in our atmosphere, instead of doing it above the atmosphere then using ordinary drive the rest of the way like the good guys do. So, my conclusion is that the booms are caused by bad alien spaceships going into and coming out of warp drive in our atmosphere. I dare anyone to give a better explanation that explains all of these booms everywhere, although I might accept any one of: military activities, fracking, underground boring, HAARP, earthquakes which may be a side effect of any of the above.

top topics

join