It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools closing and 2nd teen dies of flu in MN; she had flu shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Learn some tact....You obviously don't know how vaccines work either; which is to say not at all.

I never received a vaccine or flu shot in my entire life, and I never got the flu or any of the stupid # they said I would for not getting vaccinated...

No reason to act like an incompassionate twat because someone asked a question they didn't know the answer to.

Isn't that the purpose of this forum, denying ignorance?
edit on 9-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Bull#. I've never had any of that nonsense and the most I get is a sinus infection which I know how to treat myself...Spew more propaganda, please.

edit on 9-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Normally people ask if they dont know stuff or google it before jumping on some insane conclusions.

You must be blessed with good genes and a healthy immune system, something half of the population does not have. Some people get sick 2-3 time per month because their immune system has to battle every virus/bacteria it encounters.

Click here to find everything there is to know about the global influenza program!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Normally people ask if they dont know stuff or google it before jumping on some insane conclusions.

? marks usually dictate questions...But it is still no reason to be nasty to them. Just like I my have been blessed with 'good genes' they may not have been blessed with the 'information' you have. I don't go telling vaccinated people they are purposefully dense for it...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a employee where I work has been out with 'flu like' symptoms...

he & his wife both have actually had it for 2 weeks now .. there in their 70's and they got a flu shot and from what he told me.. the doc was glad they did get it..

i'm concerned ...the last time i got a flu shot was 10+ years ago and wiped me out for 2 weeks..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Being uneducated on something is not an excuse nor does it give you the right to spread nonsense about it!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Waldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

When I first read this, I thought-- wow, so close to a 50/50 chance of getting the flu, so why bother with the shot! But wait... there's more. If the vaccine is effective against the flu in 60 percent of healthy adults, does this mean 40% of them who get the vaccine end up with the flu? How else could they say it was 60% effective?

These are inquisitive questions, sir. Not spreading nonsense...She was asking for clarification of what she didn't understand. You still have the moral responsibility to try a tactful approach to answering her questions, or you can act on it with a 'superiority' complex....That latter one is never the way to go. Just a little advice.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Oh, so you can just ignore the final statement of uneducated conclusion or deliberate disinformation as I like to call it?

Sounds like, by their own numbers, they are telling you if you take the vaccine, you have a 40% chance of coming down with the flu. If you're a healthy adult, that is. Higher risk if you are NOT healthy. (And who's healthy anymore, what with all the crap they've done to our food/water/air supplies!!!)

If those are your reading skills, then I understand why you are against vaccines!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Sounds like,

Reading comprehension is always key.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

!

I might as well pick this exclamation mark out and say the same. The whole post is deliberate disinformation decorated with question marks. You are just a troll and I will not bother replying to you ever again.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Vaccines are such a touchy subject. I let my son get limited vaccines (d-tap and pneumococcal(sp?)) as an infant. He is two now. He has been a super healthy child. I never get vaccines and have not gotten the flu except for once. That being said, although I know people who have gotten the flu, contact is a major part of it. I rarely am in contact with those people around the time they get sick so I could just have very minimal exposure and so lower risk.

I will say that although I'm personally against vaccines, that doesn't change the fact evidence supports that measles, mumps, and polio have all been nearly eradicated due to vaccines. At best, we only have anecdotal evidence to show that vaccines are linked to autism or other issues (not saying they aren't, just as far as facts go). My .02

-xis

edit on 9-1-2013 by xistence05 because: for the removal of some "snarkiness"

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
The vaccine is based on a prediction of what strain of influenza people will be exposed to. If the virus evolves enough then the vaccine won't be protective, that's why a new one comes out every year. There is no guarantee that the vaccine will stop you getting the flu.
edit on 8-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

my DR told me these exact words so if you get a different type of flu the vaccine doesnt do anything

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Wouldn't suprise me that when you take a flu shot, your immune system gets weaker with fighting those 'weak' virusses but then when you get exposed to flu, you get a bigger change getting it?

But sure it's no secret that it's just big bussiness and fear sells well.

Haven't gotten the flu for 27 years.

My grandmother, was never sick, but from the day she got in an elder house, she gets many stuff (flu, infections, you name it). Of course it's like when kids go to school, they get exposed to lots of stuff when being near so many people, so I guess the same counts for an elder house. And she does get a flu shot as well.

Everyone in Holland, who is past a certain age, got heart deceases or some kind of medical condition (like sugar decease), gets it.

I also read that breast inspections for cancer is in fact more dangerous, since they threat those people (mostly older people), and those cancer cells doesn't do much at an older age.
But when they getting treated (just in case!) or a breast amputated even / radiation therapy (& , they do in fact more damage. When you get Radiation Therapy, you may even trigger some healthy cells, develping in cancer cells / body gets weaker to fight it.
So I wonder if that's big bussiness as well. Doing more harm then good.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
you know what they say....

the easiest way to kill a lot of people is to lie about a cure

is that whats happening here?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What a sad loss, my thought goes out to the family.

I do find it very odd that an otherwise healthy teenager dies of the flu.

As for the flu or no flu vaccination... I've never had the shot. I'm 36 and have had flu twice in my life. First time at 15, the high temperature being the "worst". It was so bad my mother, who doesn't have a single maternal instinct in her body, became worried (so maybe there was a hidden maternal gene hidden in there anyway). I remember one night she kept checking on my all the time due to the high fever. I was very happy indeed, as I had gotten to a stage where I was hallucinating and my hands were glowing a beautiful yellow.

Second time (age 25) there was no happy glowing hands, instead I ached all over for nearly two weeks, to the point I stayed in bed for a week, and only got up to crawl (yes, I was not able to walk) to the bathroom.

I would never take the flu-shot. I think they pump us full of all sorts of useless stuff, and the flu-shotbeing one of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is completely disturbing. How did I, my parents, my siblings ever manage to grow up without a flu shot? It is amazing.

My mother in law nearly died from her H1N1 shot a year ago. She would not listen to me or her son, who warned her that these flu shots are dangerous. She ended up in the ICU for two weeks. We nearly lost her because the flu shot gave her....... H1N1 !

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
a employee where I work has been out with 'flu like' symptoms...

he & his wife both have actually had it for 2 weeks now .. there in their 70's and they got a flu shot and from what he told me.. the doc was glad they did get it..

i'm concerned ...the last time i got a flu shot was 10+ years ago and wiped me out for 2 weeks..

Everyone at my husband's work has been ill, or coming down with it. It's wide spread. But he has managed to avoid it by taking silver, oregano oil, and ascorbic acid powder mixed in his juice. I have been doing the same regimen and so far this year we've managed to dodge whatever is going around here.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It was my understanding that the particular flu virus variant killing people was NOT in this year's flu shot

anyone else hear that?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy

You must be blessed with good genes and a healthy immune system, something half of the population does not have. Some people get sick 2-3 time per month because their immune system has to battle every virus/bacteria it encounters.

Click here to find everything there is to know about the global influenza program!

And I'll bet those who are sick all the time are taking BIG PHARMA's legal drugs...whether it be depression pills, thyroid pills, fibromyalgia pills, flu shots, pneumonia shots, cold meds, etc., because once you start taking one thing it has side effects and you're taking something else, and pretty soon your one of those persons with a little pill purse. My mother-in-law has pill purse...she's sick all the time. My father-in-law is 72 and never takes anything, not even tylenol...I've been with my wife for 20 years and I remember him sick only one time. Stay away from BIG PHARMA unless you absolutely need something and that's the ticket to a healthy immune system. The more you take legal drugs and flu shots, the weaker your immune system will be.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy

Being uneducated on something is not an excuse nor does it give you the right to spread nonsense about it!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Waldy because: (no reason given)

I believe your the one who is uneducated here and refuse to open your eyes!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join