It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS social issue: Global Despair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well while browsing through ATS I have found each topic to be more and more sorrowful. Come on people if all we do is talk about our problems we will never fix a thing. It's one thing to write a great topic about global issues but for all of ATS to be filled with topics outlining the "problems" of the world without even hinting at a solution we aren't doing anything productive. Sure we are enlightening people to the bigger picture, the bigger conspiracy, but what does that accomplish except create more grief and paranoia among members. It's great that we are sharing information but having more than half of our top threads being complete opinion pieces written with such despair amazes me. The TPTB can take control of our governments and our countries but please don't let them take away your hope not only for humanity but our future. This does not mean I am letting said PTB take control, but they have stretched their reach here in creating a universal mood of sorrow. Let's be a community with hope for the future. Let us talk of progress in humanity. Let us speak of rare topics like this, this or this

Thanks for taking the time to read.
edit on 8-1-2013 by IamRoy08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

Alright.

Things are looking up here.
Unemployment rates continued to fall and are currently at an alltime low, while general quality of life and level of contentment among citizens are growing and at alltime highs right now.
Our environtmental energy transition programm had its teething problems but is proceeding well all in all.
Also, health insurance companies refunded premiums last year, so I got money back from them which was pretty neat.

Thats all the optimism I can contribute.
Still not much hope here in view of the progressing centralization in europe though...
edit on 8-1-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The social issues board atm ive noticed is a little flat. ATS as a whole has become to mainstream, to many members want to flood the boards with their opinions - not with the intention of sharing idea's, but rather converting people to their way of thinking. Its a shame really, i became a member of ATS because the contents of this site were insightful and exciting. Now its just left vs right, atheist vs bible basher etc.

To much doom and gloom, to many sweeping generalizations of people & the world. To many fear mongers. To many closed minded people. The pic you posted literally says it all at this moment in time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

That's what I thought... optimism doesn't sell as good as doom and gloom.
People rather read that everything is hopeless anyways, so they don't even have to try anymore... lazy idiots.
It's a shame really.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
[too] many members want to flood the boards with their opinions - not with the intention of sharing idea's, but rather converting people to their way of thinking. Its a shame really, i became a member of ATS because the contents of this site were insightful and exciting. Now its just left vs right, atheist vs bible basher etc.

[Too] much doom and gloom, [too] many sweeping generalizations of people & the world. [Too] many fear mongers. [Too] many closed minded people. The pic you posted literally says it all at this moment in time.

You hit the nail on the head. The overall mood of the community is very much doom and gloom. I joined a few years back myself just to read about ufo sightings and other scientific things I wouldn't read about on mainstream media. I rarely see such topics browsing the forums now.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It is really bad here...it is not just this forum. My whole town is like this. It is all the financial stress on just everyone. Times seem very isolating too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Ok... I'll add a couple topics that are positive and or solutions:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamRoy08

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
[too] many members want to flood the boards with their opinions - not with the intention of sharing idea's, but rather converting people to their way of thinking. Its a shame really, i became a member of ATS because the contents of this site were insightful and exciting. Now its just left vs right, atheist vs bible basher etc.

[Too] much doom and gloom, [too] many sweeping generalizations of people & the world. [Too] many fear mongers. [Too] many closed minded people. The pic you posted literally says it all at this moment in time.

You hit the nail on the head. The overall mood of the community is very much doom and gloom. I joined a few years back myself just to read about ufo sightings and other scientific things I wouldn't read about on mainstream media. I rarely see such topics browsing the forums now.

That was by far the true glory of ATS! So many insightful topics over a broad spectrum of forums! You never really knew what you were going to pick up next and most of the comments made on threads actually contributed to the content - didn't shoot it down negatively. Ahh, must be something in the water haha

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Ok... I'll add a couple topics that are positive and or solutions:

Nice threads!

top topics

join