It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayans Thought Everything Was Fine - Right Up Till Their Resources Ran Out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know it's coming you feel it even if you have not done any research. If you have done your homework you know better then most its coming and are probably frustrated at others lack of interest or even their ridicule of you in some instances.

Why do we tend to ignore the obvious? Because we do not like change especially when it is painful. We are creatures of habit. Most of us just want to live our lives in peace and freedom and be left alone.

However events are fast approaching that threaten catastrophic change for better or worse. Perhaps it's time to get our priorities straight and get on with building a better society and preparing for the transition to such while minimizing the pain as much as possible?

The article sums things up...

"Priorities

It seems to me our priorities are screwed up a bit. We are all running around working on our various projects causes etc. and missing perhaps the most important thing. Which is societal collapse of which we are in the midst of right now.

I think most reading this will realize our current societal model is unsustainable for various reasons. We don’t all agree on those reasons (and that is another discussion) but we know collapse is inevitable or at least suspect that it is.

Not the End of the World

It may not be the end of the world but it will certainly be the end of the world as we know it. Still most of us push it to the back of our minds and go on in our familiar routines.

That is not necessarily a bad thing for it does us no good to dwell on the negative all the time. However the problem is it often keeps us from preparing to get through the collapse and transition to a new model of society.

Focus

The point I am trying to make is that putting to much energy into reviving a terminal patient can be detrimental even though our heart is in the right place and make the collapse and transition that much harder. We need to focus and be preparing for the transition.

We need to prioritize and ask ourselves is what I am expending my energy on worth it. This does not mean we quit living life and use this as an excuse to withdraw. Most of us cannot do that anyway at this time even if we want to. It just means we need to move preparations to a higher priority and focus more energy there for our own safety and peace of mind..."

Read the rest here: Link

edit on 22-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't even see the word Mayan in OP.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i always lol when i see someone post:

the mayans didn't predict their own end

or words to that effect

as iof they were immune to normalcy bias or wishful thinking

truth is, the prophets of "nothing will happen" of that time and place may have been believed back then,
though they turned out to be wrong.

F&S

Originally posted by JrDavis

see title

edit on 22-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
You know it's coming you feel it even if you have not done any research. If you have done your homework you know better then most its coming and are probably frustrated at others lack of interest or even their ridicule of you in some instances.

I've tried doing my homework, but I think we must have different assignments.

I can't find anything to conclusively say that "it's coming". Can you help me find it?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by hawkiye

i always lol when i see someone post:

the mayans didn't predict their own end

or words to that effect

as iof they were immune to normalcy bias or wishful thinking

truth is, the prophets of "nothing will happen" of that time and place may have been believed back then,
though they turned out to be wrong.

F&S

Originally posted by JrDavis

see title

edit on 22-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

I sometimes ask people do you have car insurance or fire insurance on your house? Most people answer yes, I then say why do you think your going to have an accident or your house is going to catch fire? They usually respond something to the effect no it's "just in case"... And then usually the light bulb comes on but not always some have to be spoon fed the analogy...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd say that normalcy bias is on the decline and revelations are coming more and more popular as social media and the passing of information allows for individuals to witness the world like never before. It becomes increasingly difficult to say that 'everything is fine' or 'will work itself out'.

Speaking of resources running out and our current situation then to apply population increases.... lead me to post this thread:

The Suprising Math of Cities and Corporations, DePopulation of Nations, Arithmetic, Population and Energy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've refined much of my idea, being a realist... I've slowly removed the idealist approach of addressing all of the issues. Interestingly enough, I'm working with an individual with over 40 years in architecture and urban development and have influenced some major design changes. Still on the drawing board and had no idea the difficulties of actually implementing these changes. It's a good thing I jumped on board with an individual who knows the game like the back of his hand.

There's sooo much to learn, o well... in due time. Logistics sucks.... poor energy grids, sloppy zoning... I swear... we had idiots designing most of our cities, no offense.

It's not a matter of 'if', but rather 'when'.... and I hope that with in the next 10 years we start addressing these issues. It's not that we haven't always been aware of these issues, but I think there has always been this 'normalcy bias' and 'procrastination' keeping us from actually doing something about it. Again, something in which I see the dissolve of.

It's not enough to point out problems... find some solutions and network.... it's that simple.

If you're sitting there with great ideas.... just go talk to people and make them applicable and don't sit idle.

I once had a design using germicidal light bulbs to disinfect a surface that many people contact and spread germs... I talked about it, sat on it... did the technical drawing, and even wrote a business model that allowed for me to escape leasing my intellectual property, even had the start up money and means. Next thing you know, I'm doing patent searches(as I often do) and BAM! there it was!!! It was even filed 2 weeks before... no idea how I missed it. It was even more unfortunate because I was too cheap to pay the $100 for a provisional patent which essentially would have protected my idea and had just contacted a good friends lawyer about submitting a full patent. (This is not the first time, that I've been with in 2 weeks late on filing... screwing myself).

Moral of the story.... don't sit on your hands and make sure you use them to shake the right ones.

Everything is never fine....

Nike: Just Do It

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

It's not enough to point out problems... find some solutions and network.... it's that simple.

That is a very important point. There are solutions and they are doable it is just a matter of getting off our asses and doing them. Here's another excerpt from the site:

"t’s easy to complain it is always harder to come up with solutions. Here’s some main points and solutions I jotted down:

Problem: petroleum based factory farming is unsustainable and ruining the environment and our health with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and GMOs etc. Most food travels an average of 1400 miles to get to our tables. Which of course uses a ton of energy too.

Solutions: We need local/regional food production. Aquaponics, and green house technology can save us energy, increase yields and use less water with vastly less travel to our tables. It needs to be natural, organic, heirloom, and non-hybrid as much as possible. Nature has spent millions of years developing and evolving the fruits of the earth and our bodies have also developed and evolved on those foods so natural is what is best for us.

Problem: Oil is peaking (not running out) as far as production meaning we produce less then we did 30 years ago but demand is higher and increasing. The low hanging fruit (easy to get oil) is much less now days (we have got most of it in the last century) and shale and other means is harder and more expensive to get and process so prices will be going up while production continues to decrease…

Solutions: Ethanol, Biodiesel, methane, and wood gas/gasification etc. all need to be ramped up along with research into alternative energies such over unity devices etc.. They also need to be done locally and regionally not using the gasoline model with centralized processing plants trucking fuels thousands of miles or they are not as cost effective. However the idea they don’t put out as much energy as they take to produce is a myth put out by big oil (more to come on that in other articles). We will have to cut energy use while in transition and learn to be more frugal with its use all around regardless and even if we stayed on oil.

Problem: we waste tons of water. Ssewage and water treatment plants are not sophisticated enough to filter out exotic all chemicals that we consume in medicines and food like caffeine etc. and they are showing up in the water supply now. Water use is increasing exponentially and our aquifers are not being replenished as as fast as we are depleting them in some areas.

Solution: we need to compost our manure and collect and filter rainwater locally and individually. 1 inch of rain on 1000 square feet of roof is 500 gallons of water. Nature brings water right to us but we let it get away and then have to expend lots of energy to get it back out of the ground when all we need to do is collect it right were we live.

Problem: Credit based fiat debt system is completely unsustainable and could implode at any moment and we see the effects already with the 2008 crash and we are heading for a bigger crash.

Solution: Sound or hard money such as gold and silver and local currencies that are backed by precious metals or commodities. Not leaving it in the hands of government anymore. No more credit based currencies and no more fractional reserve period!
becauseitstime.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

I can't find anything to conclusively say that "it's coming". Can you help me find it?

Sure, lok at any 2012 calendar. You'll see that after Dec 21st there is Dec 22nd. It's coming, and it'll be followed by Dec 23rd then christmas eve then santa will bring us all pressies if we aren't on the naughty list

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

What have you done to try doing your homework?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

top topics

join