It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Spike orders lunar lander study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lunar tourism firm Golden Spike has gone to Northrop Grumman, who made the LEM used in the Apollo missions, requesting a study on building a new lander for their tourism program. The current design shows a bubble shaped capsule lander, but this is an early design.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'd love to see their plans come to fruition.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Giant windows and a chair. Looks to me like they certainly didn't look at the lessons of Grumman when they started designing the thing. Hopefully they listen to those lessons when refining their plans.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hope they have a good flight crew ready when something goes all Apollo 13 on them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Giant windows and a chair. Looks to me like they certainly didn't look at the lessons of Grumman when they started designing the thing. Hopefully they listen to those lessons when refining their plans.

I think that pic is just for Marketing purposes.

This may not be how the final landing vehicle will look however.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by ngchunter

I think that pic is just for Marketing purposes.

This may not be how the final landing vehicle will look however.

Fair enough, but I really hate marketing that plays to people's ignorance, especially if they themselves know better. It reminds me of how the space shuttle was depicted in the movie armageddon with the payload bay doors closed during the middle of a spacewalk because "it looks cooler that way" (yeah, I know, that movie was riddled with bad science, I just take exception to it).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Not sure about the lander.

But if they decide to have a new moon buggy, I think they should do it with some style:

top topics

join