It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manager of FPSRussia found murdered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+82 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Manager of FPSRussia found murdered

libertyandsuch.com

Keith Ratliff, the manager of FPS Russia, the 3rd most popular youtube channel was found dead yesterday, tied up to a chair and shot in the back of the head.

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
planet.infowars.com

www.921wlhr.com...

www.independentmail.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by paratus because: adding links

+54 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like a bad situation for FPS RUSSIA.

He almost killed himself in his last video, and now this?

Looks like either a robbery gone wrong, a mob-style hit or maybe a Gun Activist/Rights Conspiracy in the making.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has it all under wraps right now, more to follow

libertyandsuch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Deceased Twitter feed:

twitter.com...#!/keithratliff/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FtDi6CuC1

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Never heard of the guy but it sure sounds like a hit of some kind..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of "the purge"?

Don't quote me on this but didn't I read that all his guns
were left and nothing else was reported missing?

I am sorry for his family and hope the ones
responsible are caught quickly.

I live in Georgia and can't imagine. Just very sad.

Sure need to keep our eyes open for any more hits
involving pro gun people.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Looks like he was the FFL (firearms license) that got all the class III weapons for fake Russian accented FPSRUSSIA...

Here's a clip of his recent work on YouTube:

youtu.be...

FF to 3:20 mark to see him almost sliced in half by shrapnel.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

FPSRussia is a Youtube channel, basically FPSRussia shows all kinds of firearms and shoots them off. Mostly high grade military weapons like AR-15s and AK-47s.

Not got for FPS I've been to his Youtube channel and watched his videos many times. Kind of strange someone would target his "manager". The manager must have upset someone, and since they are from Russia could be some kind of a mob hit or where ever/whoever they are getting their weapons from didn't get payment for the last shipment. Either way, not good.

Star and flag.

-SAP-
edit on 7-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Juggernog

FPSRussia is a Youtube channel, basically FPSRussia shows all kinds of firearms and shoots them off. Mostly high grade military weapons like AR-15s and AK-47s.

Not got for FPS I've been to his Youtube channel and watched his videos many times. Kind of strange someone would target his "manager". The manager must have upset someone, and since they are from Russia could be some kind of a mob hit or where ever/whoever they are getting their weapons from didn't get payment for the last shipment. Either way, not good.

Star and flag.

-SAP-
edit on 7-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Well said however I think it's all just an act, the Russian accent and such.
en.wikipedia.org...
"FPSRussia formerly known as "FPS Kyle" is a popular YouTube channel, and a personality of Kyle Lamar Myers (born May 9, 1986) an American YouTube user. He is notable for his portrayal of the Russian character "Dmitri Potapoff", on his YouTube channel FPSRussia. Myers was born and raised in Hart County, Georgia. On October 29, 2012"

I remember when he first started out posting gamplay online mostly from Modern Warfare.

I have seen a lot of comments on the Manager, Keith Ratliff the one deceased, was a sort of con man, all here say.

also from Wiki:
"Controversy
On January the 7th, 2013, it was reported that Myers' manager, Keith Ratliff, was found dead from a gunshot wound in the back of his head, tied to a chair"

Tied to a chair????

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Apparently it's his manager and not the guy with the fake Russian accent.

Either way, I'd say someone wanted to send Kyle Lamar Myers (the host) a message. I always wondered how he got all those weapons ... his manager apparently was the FFL dealer?

Well, we probably won't be seeing any new FPS Russia videos for a while. I know Kyle setup a Kickstarter to raise funds to create his own video game back in December.

You beat my thread by 4 minutes!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I wasn't aware it was a act. So I guess I stand corrected on that issue. It sounded legit to me, I have buddies from Russia who have lived here for over 10 years so to me he sounded pretty legit.

I stand corrected.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Apparently it's his manager and not the guy with the fake Russian accent.

Either way, I'd say someone wanted to send Kyle Lamar Myers (the host) a message. I always wondered how he got all those weapons ... his manager apparently was the FFL dealer?

Well, we probably won't be seeing any new FPS Russia videos for a while. I know Kyle setup a Kickstarter to raise funds to create his own video game back in December.

You beat my thread by 4 minutes!

Sorry about the timing... :-)

I donated to the game too.

I think they recently bought a shooting range as well, Red Hill Shooting Range I believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by paratus

I wasn't aware it was a act. So I guess I stand corrected on that issue. It sounded legit to me, I have buddies from Russia who have lived here for over 10 years so to me he sounded pretty legit.

I stand corrected.

-SAP-

Hahaha I thought it was real too, he does it well.
He is a "Professional Russian" after all.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Another angle that I just thought of...

The real Russian Mafia/Mob is not the kind of people you want to anger. I know we have them around here, and for the most part they just sell used cars and fly under the radar.

Perhaps his new found fame, combined with him now making money off impersonating a Russian pissed off a real Russian? Instead of kill the host, go after his manager as a scare tactic.

It also could be some crazy anti-gun people...but if they are anti-gun, why shoot someone?

In all reality, the man had a Class III FFL -- and could get his hands on some impressive gear. Who normally is interested in stuff like that besides the military? Criminals...big time criminals and cartels. Perhaps he got himself into a bad business deal on the side, and it went bad...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I am so sorry to hear about this, my kids showed his videos to me several years ago and I was a fan of his style and wit. What a sad loss. he was awesome.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ok so it was his manager, I am now clear, still such a tragic happening, the show is great imo. Very entertaining.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 1/7/2013 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Two guys big in the gun industry dead in the last week.
This is a little strange to say the least.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I spent some time in Moldova, which used to be part of Russia. I got pretty darn good with my fake Russian accent. We also have a large population of Russian/Ukraine/Romanians here as well, so I hear that accent all the time.

I tried using my accent at a bar a few years ago. The accent actually gets easier and sounds better the more you drink (why I decided to use it and not my British accent). I had a couple of girls that fell for it for a few minutes.

His fake accent was actually pretty good. It had me going for a few episodes until I googled more info about him.

Sad about his manager -- but when you deal with big guns like that, you might start to attract the wrong type of people. I mean, he was able to get an armored troop carrier for one show?!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can't find a good website to explain this person- can someone link it please?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Never heard of the guy but it sure sounds like a hit of some kind..

Sounds more like suicide to me.
Clearly not hit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join