It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liposomal Vitamin C This Stuff is Amazing - Thread Summary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They do make sublingual vitamin C.

They also have a product called "Sports Formula" which is a powdered vitamin mix. You can mix it with water or just hold the powder under your tounge for a bit before swallowing.

One could also get DSMO and crush up some vit. C and make a transdermal version.

So basically, any way to get high doses of vit. C into your body by bypassing the digestive system would yield the same results? I'm not seeing that the vit. C everyone is using is some "special form" like ester C.

I don't know about you guys .... but DMSO gel is cheaper than an ultrasonic cleaner.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by jaws1975
Has anyone else had a skin reaction to the lipo c? I made the mix after reading the original thread, the first day I took it I rode my bike 20 miles, after about a week I started to get these deep systic type outbreaks over my body. Not sure if this was from the lecithin not agreeing with my body or what, but I usually have very clear skin. They didn't act like normal pimples and get a head, they would stay deep in the skin. The location was not the typical place to break out, like the side of my shoulder and arms. Any thoughts, cause I would like to be able to start taking it again.

My guess is that you were using Soy Lecithin. Some people cannot tolerate Soy. I suggest you get the Sunflower Lecithin and make a new batch and try again.

Soy Lecitihin doesn't have a good reputation.

preventdisease.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Soniccators are cheap to get, about 30 bucks on Amazon.

The use vibration to transfer the vitamin C molecules into Lecithin phospholipids membrane(imagine a coat, same as your cells coat inside you body - imagine soap bubbles merging)).

So unlike the normal Vitamin pills, which goes they digestion(intestines), this will merge with the cell and deposit the vitamin molecules directly into cells.

Only difference is the absorbance of the Vitamin is increased from like 30-40% to 70-80%. Liposomal Vitamin is not 100% because the Lecithin merging process is not 100% merge.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Care should be taken when making such things, there are known reactions such as Herxheimer Reactions and soy lecithin should probably be avoided.

www.betterhealthguy.com...
www.falconblanco.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well Consider me in the interested group. I am going to purchase the needed items Thursday, and I will report back with my own results as soon as I get my kit. Thanks for the killer condensed version Julie!

Peace...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I have gout and it hurts allot. I take 500MG naproxen and for the last 2 weeks I can hardly walk my left foot is in so much pain and giving me issues this happens sometimes and its starting to feel better but still hard to walk and effects me allot..

would this help me do you think? and could anyone that has made it and it works good for them, could I buy like a 2 week supply from you to test out for cheap, before I spend a bunch of money on that jewelry cleaner and all the stuff to make sure it works, or can you point me to an ebay link that is the same stuff you are making that I can test out and I will just buy it the the first time then I will start making it if it works good?

Thanks.

I acutally stumbled across a medical study about Vitamin C and Gout, and YES - Vitamin C will help.

Gout, a condition that afflicts more than 1% of U.S. adults, is characterized by abnormally high blood levels of uric acid (urate). Urate crystals may form in joints, resulting in inflammation and pain, as well as in the kidneys and urinary tract, resulting in kidney stones. The tendency to develop elevated blood uric acid levels and gout is often inherited; however, dietary and lifestyle modification may be helpful in both the prevention and treatment of gout. In an observational study that included 1,387 men, higher intakes of vitamin C were associated with lower serum levels of uric acid. More recently, a prospective study that followed a cohort of 46,994 men for 20 years found that total daily vitamin C intake was inversely associated with risk of gout, with higher intakes being associated with greater risk reductions. The results of this study also indicate that supplemental vitamin C may be helpful in the prevention of gout. Interestingly, a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in 184 adult nonsmokers reported that vitamin C supplementation (500 mg/day) for two months lowered serum concentrations of uric acid compared to placebo.

OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDY ON GOUT AND VIAMIN C

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes indeed this stuff is fantastic, and I love how cheap and easy it is too make.

One day me and 3 friends mega dosed on this stuff, and we were glad to be near our houses, lol , since we all developed some diarrhea.

This only happened though after drinking 2 cups EACH all at once...however I have done this again since and it did not have the same effect.

Thanks very much for the thread !

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Julie...thank you so so so so so so very much for posting this thread. I absolutely love everything there is to know about Vitamin C and it`s health effects.

Btw, a HUGE S&F for you and I wish I could give you this many more stars too....

I have always wondered how to make this stuff.

I read the immediate benefit is improved vision. I have some of my friends or people I know talking about getting laser eye surgery to improve vision. Do you think that this Vit C mixture could be a cure for poor vision?

The reason being I wear glasses but don't have to all the time because my eyes are not that bad, but could use a little sharpening

I am excited to try this although I do not know where I could buy powdered acsorbic acid or lecithin for a decent price.

Any suggestions?
edit on 7-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Well Consider me in the interested group. I am going to purchase the needed items Thursday, and I will report back with my own results as soon as I get my kit. Thanks for the killer condensed version Julie!

Peace...

If you buy these online let me know the site...always looking for quality at a good price!

I feel pumped on getting started on this LVC supplemental intake diet

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
By the way, I just started researching about where to buy powdered lecithin, and I wanted to make a BIG point about something you need to be aware of, and that is:

BE AWARE OF LECITHIN MADE FROM GMOs.

We all know anything GMO has adverse effects on human body.

I found this link where they sell non-GMO Lecithin. Good buy?

www.upayanaturals.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Julie...thank you so so so so so so very much for posting this thread. I absolutely love everything there is to know about Vitamin C and it`s health effects.

Btw, a HUGE S&F for you and I wish I could give you this many more stars too....

I have always wondered how to make this stuff.

I read the immediate benefit is improved vision. I have some of my friends or people I know talking about getting laser eye surgery to improve vision. Do you think that this Vit C mixture could be a cure for poor vision?

I am excited to try this although I do not know where I could buy powdered acsorbic acid or lecithin for a decent price.

Any suggestions?

Wow, thank you. [blushing]

I don't know how much it could improve really bad eyesight, but there are medical studies that show Vitamin C directly affects cataracts.

Cataracts

Cataracts are a leading cause of visual impairment throughout the world. In the U.S., cataract-related expenditures are estimated to exceed $3 billion annually (33). Cataracts occur more frequently and become more severe as people age. Decreased vitamin C levels in the lens of the eye have been associated with increased severity of cataracts in humans. Some, but not all, studies have observed increased dietary vitamin C intake (34, 35) and increased blood levels of vitamin C (36, 37) to be associated with decreased risk of cataracts. In general, those studies that have found a relationship suggest that vitamin C intake may have to be higher than 300 mg/day for a number of years before a protective effect can be detected

OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDY OF VITAMIN C AFFECTS ON CATARACTS

As far a eye laser surgery goes - I can attest that it was the best thing I've ever done myself. It was worth it! And I've recommended it to my friends.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
By the way, I just started researching about where to buy powdered lecithin, and I wanted to make a BIG point about something you need to be aware of, and that is:

BE AWARE OF LECITHIN MADE FROM GMOs.

We all know anything GMO has adverse effects on human body.

I found this link where they sell non-GMO Lecithin. Good buy?

www.upayanaturals.com...

I bought all my supplies through Amazon.com. I would check there first and then compare others.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have type 2 diabetes and tried liposomal vitamin C (home made) for about two weeks.

The first thing I noticed was that my blood sugar readings were elevated after taking it.

I thought this was an initial reaction and things would settle down but it continued. Thinking that the readings were false (because my carbohydrate intake was well controlled) I persisted until I began to feel unwell with the same symptoms I have had when my blood sugars were uncontrolled, previously.

I attempted to reduce my carbohydrate intake substantially but my blood sugars began to oscillate wildly, taking me from hypoglycemia to hyperglycemia all the time.

I discontinued the liposomal vitamin C and tried standard vitamin C megadoses (using the same powder as I used in the liposomal vitamin C). My blood sugars returned to normal and the big swings stopped.

The results I got may have been due to the soy lecithin or the particular vitamin C powder, but I am able to use both, uncombined, and do not have an issue with them.

I would warn against using high doses of liposomal vitamin C for diabetics.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Thank you for your contribution....and making all diabetics aware of this

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

RECIPE

Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner

This is where i stopped reading....

EDIT: forget that, misunderstood... haha
edit on 1-7-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

S&F.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

RECIPE

Why????

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

RECIPE

why???

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by occy30

RECIPE

why???

Sounds like a brainfart...she could use some Lecithin!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I have type 2 diabetes and tried liposomal vitamin C (home made) for about two weeks.

The first thing I noticed was that my blood sugar readings were elevated after taking it.

I thought this was an initial reaction and things would settle down but it continued. Thinking that the readings were false (because my carbohydrate intake was well controlled) I persisted until I began to feel unwell with the same symptoms I have had when my blood sugars were uncontrolled, previously.

I attempted to reduce my carbohydrate intake substantially but my blood sugars began to oscillate wildly, taking me from hypoglycemia to hyperglycemia all the time.

I discontinued the liposomal vitamin C and tried standard vitamin C megadoses (using the same powder as I used in the liposomal vitamin C). My blood sugars returned to normal and the big swings stopped.

The results I got may have been due to the soy lecithin or the particular vitamin C powder, but I am able to use both, uncombined, and do not have an issue with them.

I would warn against using high doses of liposomal vitamin C for diabetics.

In the original Lipo thread there was another poster (or maybe you) that experienced the same thing. So this is important information to know.

In any event, I'm glad you found a level of Vitamin C that works for you.

In doing a little research I have found that Mega Doses of Vitamin C delays Insulin response:

Hyperglycemia

In 1994, scientists at Arizona State University demonstrated that "megadoses" of vitamin C -- 2 g daily for 2 weeks -- resulted in delayed insulin response to a glucose challenge in healthy adults, presumably because vitamin C interferes with the absorption of glucose into the pancreatic cells that secrete insulin. This leads to a prolonged period of elevated blood glucose following a meal. The study's authors suggested this is probably not a problem for healthy people, but it could prove troublesome for diabetics.

Source

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

************However, if you have kidney disease, diabetes, hemochromatosis or thalassemia, or if you have a history of kidney stones, you are at increased risk for health problems when taking extra vitamin C. Ask your doctor before taking supplemental vitamin C.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

But another is contradictary:

Effect of vitamin C supplementation on blood sugar and antioxidative status in types II diabetes mellitus patients

The results suggest that megadose vitamin C supplementation may have a beneficial effect in diabetes mellitus patients on both glycemic control and antioxidant status. Thus dietary measures to increase plasma vitamin C may be an important health strategy for reducing the compliance of diabetic patients.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Ask your doctor before taking supplemental vitamin C.

Isn't the point of this thread to NOT see your doctor????

The reason I say this is that doctors DO NOT want you to go and use Vitamins to boost your health. They want you to buy drugs to support big Pharma!

I would say go see your doctor IF you see adverse problem by taking this supplement. If the guy in the video had not taken vitamin C supplement to rid of his pneumonia he would be a dead man under doctor's orders.....

Edit: If increased levels of Vitamin C increase the risk of Kidney Stones, then increase your intake of concentrated cranberry juice. This helps reduce the size of these stones so they can easily pass through the urinary tract.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join