It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't know my own blood type ??????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Today i went to do a check up and toke same blood samples and just by curiosity i asked to my G.P(doctor) to tell me my blood type and the answer was this one:

im sorry sir but i can't tell your blood type because im not allowed by the government and the order to disclose that information to you.
if you want to know your own blood type you have to do in a private lab or if you give blood you will receive a card with your blood type.

of course i got pissed with that answer and kinda started an argument with my doctor he call the security but in the end he told me:

i understand your frustration but if you want to complain you can write a letter to the order or the local council about this issue.

WTF ???
He had the paper in his hand with all the information about my blood he can know but i am not allowed to know ?

Do you guys think this is normal ?
How do you guys react with such tremendous stupidity ?
Now the government is also hiding people own blood type ?
Something similar happen to any one of you ?

edit on 6-1-2013 by jahlv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by jahlv because: I'm in the UK

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Uh sounds like you have a stupid doc to me. Mine is in my records, good old A+, I'm a boring woman through and through. You don't have access to your medical records in the UK?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Are you in the states?
The healthcare laws are pretty strict here ,but not telling the patient their own blood type?
I know mine from giving blood.The redcross gives you a little card with it on there.
edit on 6-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

no, actually i only have a card saying im registered with a doctor never payed to much attention to that to be honest.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm in the UK

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Recently asked my doc about this in the states. He said i could pay them $700 to have my blood type tested, or go somewhere and donate blood for free and get a card...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

So..in the US you guys also have to pay a private test just to know your own blood type ?

don't you guys see something strange is going on in here ?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Interesting.

Ask anyone living in Asia and they know their blood type. Right down to the kids. When I lived there and didn't know mine, I was looked upon as strange.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Your doctor is lying to you. I'm a blood donor and have given 29 pints of blood. I'm Rhesus Negative and knew as soon as I saw my doctor as he told me and anyone I have asked can get this info no problem. You can check your medical records any time if you ask to see them. I'm in the UK also...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Your doctor is lying to you. I'm a blood donor and have given 29 pints of blood. .

But you have to give blood to get that information ?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My blood type was in my medical records that I requested. They also give you a card when you have a baby that lists your childs blood type. I've never heard of a doctor saying they could not tell you your blood type thats just weird!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I found out my blood type at 20 when I fell pregnant with my first child. I'm A+.
Which was interesting as my mother had always told me my blood type was O- based on what the doctors told her when I was born all those years ago in Ireland.

Hmm, now I'm wondering, DID they test your blood type at birth back then, either in Ireland or anywhere else......?

*trots off to investigate*

As for your question, OP, I can't see any reason why you can't know your blood type?! That makes no sense since a lot of forms for things like I.D. ask for your blood type in case of emergency.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77
My blood type was in my medical records that I requested. They also give you a card when you have a baby that lists your childs blood type. I've never heard of a doctor saying they could not tell you your blood type thats just weird!

And I have just realised I don't know my childrens blood type either. It will be either mine or their dads obviously but HE doesn't know his blood type either.
Right. Time to get all our medical records I think.

ETA: Google tells me that my children could have a different blood type to both me and their father? Wow, learn something new everyday! How confusing! You've got my little brain working on this blood type thing, at 4.16am. Oh dear.....

edit on 6-1-2013 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Your doctor is lying to you. I'm a blood donor and have given 29 pints of blood. I'm Rhesus Negative and knew as soon as I saw my doctor as he told me and anyone I have asked can get this info no problem. You can check your medical records any time if you ask to see them. I'm in the UK also...

RH Negative is NOT a "Blood Type".

It is funny here in canada they only tell people if they are RH negative or positive as well, they do not volunteer actual blood type information.

It is quite odd that such an important piece of information has been made to seem not important by our current "health care systems".

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

I believe that there is something significant with the different blood types even though most doctors seem to shrug it off as though blood type has nothing to do with certain situations.
I think everyone should know their blood type and should not have to pay extra to find out.

I am O rh negative and can only receive O rh negative if a blood transfusion were ever needed.
For someone with my same blood type but not aware of it, could run into some serious problems during a transfusion.

I would really push hard to find out your blood type OP.
Good luck to you

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

i know my blood type is A positive just asked by curiosity to my G.P the blood type and he just denied it that's why i got mad with him.

Maybe there is new laws or something not to disclose that information i don't know that's why i did this post.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hope4peace

you have my partners same blood type.. "the lizard blood"

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting.

Ask anyone living in Asia and they know their blood type. Right down to the kids. When I lived there and didn't know mine, I was looked upon as strange.

Peace

A lot of Asians believe blood type determines personality. It's some bio-medical divination thing they do. That's why they all know it. It's kinda like their version of a "Sun sign".

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
for $15 online you can get a home blood type kit and find out yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting.

Peace

A lot of Asians believe blood type determines personality. It's some bio-medical divination thing they do. That's why they all know it. It's kinda like their version of a "Sun sign".

It's also very important to them when it comes to marriage because of the kids. Never figured this one out but they sure stand by it.

My wife is Korean and her parents asked me this question within days of our starting to date.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join