It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't know my own blood type ??????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow, i have never heard of that. I think, I'll ask my doctor that on the next visit and see what his/her response is.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When I got pregnant, I asked my doctor what my blood type was (I am O, but I forget if it's + or not)
He told me "oh, if you want to know that, it's a seperate blood test."

I'm thinking to myself... I've had blood drawn here on several occasions, it must be somewhere.
But where I live, you are only allowed to discuss one health problem at a time. So if I wanted to know, I would have to wait and make another appointment.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahlv
reply to post by Hope4peace

you have my partners same blood type.. "the lizard blood"

Lizard blood....maybe that explains my dry skin

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

I'm in the UK

Then you have an idiotic doctor.
Suprising really, they are usually quite lax. When I had bloods drawn late in my last pregnancy they left the notes lying about while the nurse went to get something so I had a jolly good nose. She never told me off for it.

I also have the lizard blood.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

That is one of the stranger things I've heard. How long has this person been your doctor? I've had the same doctor since I was a young teen (at least 33 years) and he will discuss with me anything I wish to ask about my medical history. He even had one of his employees go into storage to find some of my ancient records when I asked what year I had broken my ankle in my teen years. It doesn't sound like your doctor is very "patient friendly".

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Your doctor is lying to you. I'm a blood donor and have given 29 pints of blood. .

But you have to give blood to get that information ?

You wouldn't know your blood type unless you gave a blood sample, stands to reason....
edit on 7-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Your doctor is lying to you. I'm a blood donor and have given 29 pints of blood. I'm Rhesus Negative and knew as soon as I saw my doctor as he told me and anyone I have asked can get this info no problem. You can check your medical records any time if you ask to see them. I'm in the UK also...

RH Negative is NOT a "Blood Type".

It is funny here in canada they only tell people if they are RH negative or positive as well, they do not volunteer actual blood type information.

It is quite odd that such an important piece of information has been made to seem not important by our current "health care systems".

So if it is not a blood type as you say, what is it then?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When they do normal blood test, sugar, cholesterol etc.. the tests are different, they will need to do extra steps to find out blood type(im not sure of the cost for them) but.. i never had trouble getting it because my family doctor has my profile.

I think i'm B negative.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What blood type is the best? A+?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was told almost the same thing by my kids ped. I asked him and he said he couldn't tell me. I had to donate blood to see that I am O+. When you donate blood they give you a card other than that there is no way of getting the info here either.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Avgudar

O, the universal donor, compatible with all the types.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

Then donate some blood and find out . I have never heard of this. My doctor told me everything.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If nurses can test your blood in the 15-30 mins of donating blood for free. I'm sure a doctor can do it just as easily.
Very strange if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm A Neg, I know this because it was printed on my dog tags when I was in the Military

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I asked my doctor recently and the office receptionist told me they don't have record of it. I've had surgery before, so it must be somewhere on record. But the answer was no. I ordered a home kit to try and find out. Not sure if it was correct. Weird.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
jahlv,

You are not the only one. I thought it was just my doctor, but after talking to my cousin who asked her doctor the same thing, her doctor gave her a very similar response to what my doctor said.

When I asked my doctor, he said, "why do you want to know your blood type." I said, "in case one day I have an emergency and need to know." He said, "the medical professionals will find out at that time. You don't need to know."

I thought it was so strange the refusal to run this test when they were drawing my blood already anyway. It seems like such a harmless thing to know. Then, after my cousin said the same thing, I'm feeling like it something shady is going on with that and must be something bigger to it and controlled by the government. For what reasons??? My curiosity caused this google search about on the topic, which brought me to your post. Strange stuff for sure!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jahlv

I am 54, I have been asking my blood type for years. Doctors always asked that question first visit, first question.
I still dont know my blood type despite asking three doctors in four years.
I asked my Doctor to tell me my blood type today as she was writing orders for pathology. The doctor replied "ABSOLOUTLY NOT, there is no need for anyone to know their blood type anymore or even for a doctor to know". I should have asked the pathology nurse as I did at the last hospital I attended.
I dont understand it as a google search gives lots of reasons to know your blood type.
My family tree is leading down strange paths but that is silliness.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wayoflight

I am thinking it is a family connection as well. I was told "ABSOLOUTLY NOT" by my GP today.
I also seem to have a methusela thing going on too.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I live in the States. I have asked almost EVERY doctor I have had since I was a teenager my blood type. I have been flat out told No, or we don't test that...WTF? I asked about a year ago at Kaiser and my doctor said she would order the test. I was initially very excited to finally get my type. After numerous inquiries and about the results, I was told different excuses as to why the results weren't there. The only thing I do know is that I am RH negative. Sigh and so the mystery continues.....a reply to: jahlv

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jahlv

I think you can get a home test kit on ebay for like 2 bucks that does it. They have all kinds of home test kits now a days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join