It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Savage weather in Australia, what is going on to cause this? really cause this!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah I get what you are saying about the BOM website. They cancelled the severe thunderstorm warning while an amazing lightning storm continued in our area for the next several hours. Not sure if they bother checking their radar when they cancel these warnings. Most lightning I have seen ever here in the Riverina area.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Welcome to the club.

Everyones weather has been acting odd. It is not global warming, it is climate change.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

G.day mate. sorry but it is summer. some of aussie's worst bush fires, area wise, happened just prior to ww2. in vic and south aussie. now down in tassie,i think the 1966 fires in hobart were just behind the canberra and melbourne fires the other year for damage and lives lost. in south aussie we have had some real mongel bushfires, prob average out at a killer every five years or so. back in the sixties come december the sky was a shimmering blue and stayed that way till march. the asphelt would melt and stick on your shoes and thongs. if you stood still long enough your thongs would stick to the ground, and nothing moved for those three months. the birds stayed in the shade of the trees the stock looked for shade or stood in circles with their heads hung down. some days not even leaving the water points. the flies added ten pounds to your weight, the rabbits surrendered and if it was a large enough paddock with no trees you checked to fence line as hares would sit at the base of the large posts just following the shadow. you could sneak up behind them and grab them. when the first explorers went up the brisbane river they recorded debris 30 feet up in the river gums. heck i flew over the 73 or was it 74 Qld floods. what a sight. the fitzroy up in rockie was 29 feet over the bank. the town was closed of for several weeks. go read the old poem A sunburnt land. or read the stories of the durack family. its a cycle of flood and draught, with records from way back in the 1840's as a starting point. keep yer beer cold and yer hat handie. no not that vic bitter swamp water. the other stuff, you know ( the stuff that beer is made from.) enjoy yer summer mate.
edit on 5-1-2013 by pronto because: changed on to in and head to heads.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Ok well im glad some of you see it as regular, i do think its odd that from the first we have seen extreamly high UV and we will see how this heat goes, my thoughts and well wishes are with tasmania as they are suffering the most in this heat and fire season, looks like another black saturday, i still do find it odd and with programms like hapr and the system based at the former harold E holt communication station which has been responsable for alllot of weather and radar annomilies this is something i dont take light hearted , you can read a article here about it HAARP and Harold E holt and hereMore HAAPR.
edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: Added link

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by angelinversus

yes your right, i dont know where you are in the riverena but its was spectacular, i havent seen a thunderstorm brew and stir for that long and then the smallest amount of rain occured towards the end, but the hot strong sudden winds where quite bizzar.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes it is Summer in Australia...the Hottest months are January and February....High Temperatures? it is Normal..happens every year.

When they say, its the hottest since records began, means that it is the hottest recorded within the last 100 years or so.
A negligible time to make any assessment of long term weather patterns, and quoting averages is virtually useless.

The South of the continent gets hot and dry, the north gets wet and humid, will probably do so for the next 10,000 years, until the next ice age.

People forget what happened "yesterday"...one year after the devastating bushfires in Victoria, it SNOWED!!!! on Christmas day in Melbourne and was freezing in Adelaide. A year after that, there was Flooding in almost the same area, that was bushfire affected.....this is Normal....Welcome to Australia.
Actually for the last few years, Winters are getting colder and wetter...and Summers have been milder, in the south of the continent anyway..

Yes Climate Change is inevitable and daily, just as it always has been for the past 4.5 billion years.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I reckon I have been around for longer than most of you and I can recall many times throughout my lifetime when we had 40+ degrees in Sydney for several consecutive days.

Australia is a land of weather extremes.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
When it comes to the weather on this little blue globe, there are no guarantees! Any place you build your house, mother nature may come through and tear it down, any old time. Stay sharp people, and don't get fat!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why don't you ask your new friends, the chinese, to help you. -muahahahamerica

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Why? They have Worse weather than us.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Everything is as it's always been in Australia. Your panic is completely unfounded.

IRM

edit on 5/1/13 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Welcome to Summer in Australia. I'm guessing by the "86" in your name that you are relatively young?

I remember a few Christmases as a kid that were so hot the rubber on our shoes started melting.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well Australia in January sounds just like Texas in August

Stay hydrated my friends

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

At least we've got friends..bahahahhahaha

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What the hell has that got to do with the temperature here in Australia?

Nice trolling attempt, pity you failed miserably and made yourself out to be an arrogant ignoramus at the same time.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

i might be YOUNG to you but i dont feel young, and with allot of the stuff i have learn since being alive and being indipendent since i was 8 yrs old i feel like tiered old fossel

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

What the hell has that got to do with the temperature here in Australia?

Nice trolling attempt, pity you failed miserably and made yourself out to be an arrogant ignoramus at the same time.

There seems to be a lot of Oz hate of late and not only here. I think they do not know the history of Australia at all, So they do what comes natural to them and that is hate on a multicultural country.

Its 40+ every other year the other years its flooding. So it really is normal.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's all week in Coober Pedy...

No wonder those folks live in dugouts !

... but I still want to move there

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Australia is on the Planet Earth which circles a star and is subject to natural sporadic changes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
im wondering, is what the weather beaureu's telling us lies when they say about pressure systems?

No, you can check the air pressure yourself if you want to.

It is sumer, Australia gets hot in summer, also Australia has large bushfires. Normal weather and conditions.

im thinking harp, can anyone tell me if there is data to see if HAARP is active in our region or not?

HAARP is in the Northern hemisphere, Australia is in the Southern hemisphere. Just why do you think HAARP would be involved?
edit on 6-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join