It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Places In the World To Live

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey ! just want to start a thread to see which are the best palces in the world to live: In regard to low taxes, health care plans, lliberal, etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i dont think you could get good health care with low taxes. here in the uk we pay ridiculously high yaxes but have a relatively good health care system(many will dispute this, but ive not had any probs). i think if i was to live anywhere i would chose eastern australia or anywhere in new zealand. i love their attitude to life in general. they are both beutifull countries with a stable economic and social system. they also know how to have fun, and put great value in sports. some of my family has emigrated to NZ and enjoy a great quality of life.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

GOD Bless the USA !!!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have to vote for.....................New Zealand....the planet Earths best kept secret!

Low rates of pollution, a population of under 5 million, no near enemies, a good climate, a cheap housing market, advanced technologies, claen oceans, golden sands.......................god I could go on all night!

I like the place so much that I'm abandoning the UK and moving to NZ in the new year!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have to vote for.....................New Zealand....the planet Earths best kept secret!

Low rates of pollution, a population of under 5 million, no near enemies, a good climate, a cheap housing market, advanced technologies, clean oceans, golden sands, no poisonous snakes or spiders, a young population.......................god I could go on all night!

I like the place so much that I'm abandoning the UK and moving to NZ in the new year!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post...don't know how that happened.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

You apologize for double posting by creating a third? Well, that is kind of funny.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Schweizer, La Suisse, Svizra

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ya know they pay people $50,000 a year to live in Kuwait.

The Kuwaiti government that is.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
BillyTheCat, I second your motion. New Zealand is the best place on the planet.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Austria

Nice little country in the Alps. Great climate, warm but not very hot summers, cold but not very cold winters with lots of snow, very modern country, great cities, beautiful architecture, VERY clean enviroment, very nice and very friendly people, fantastic multicultural society where everybody get along really good. Good education, high life standard, good economy, friendly goverment with great respect for freedom of speech, privacy and all other cool civilised stuff.
Low stress level, lots of fantastic holiday places in the neighbourhood (Alps, Italy, France... Netherlands!! marijuana legal there
), lots of culture everywhere, museums, theaters, art, music, but also cinema, clubs, parties...
The country has no enemies on this planet, it is one of the safest countries to live in.
People are very open-minded, friendly, always ready to help those in need.

What can I say, I live in heaven on earth

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Austria

Nice little country in the Alps. Great climate, warm but not very hot summers, cold but not very cold winters with lots of snow, very modern country, great cities, beautiful architecture, VERY clean enviroment, very nice and very friendly people, fantastic multicultural society where everybody get along really good. Good education, high life standard, good economy, friendly goverment with great respect for freedom of speech, privacy and all other cool civilised stuff.
Low stress level, lots of fantastic holiday places in the neighbourhood (Alps, Italy, France... Netherlands!! marijuana legal there
), lots of culture everywhere, museums, theaters, art, music, but also cinema, clubs, parties...
The country has no enemies on this planet, it is one of the safest countries to live in.
People are very open-minded, friendly, always ready to help those in need.

What can I say, I live in heaven on earth

Again... How about Schweizer?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

You apologize for double posting by creating a third? Well, that is kind of funny.

Lol iv got to add to that!

I would live anywhere in the world except for the UK, Just give me somewhere warm and dry to live please!!

If i were to vote i would say New Zealand also.

But i heard its v.expensive.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Peru

Haiti

China

Philipines

Mexico

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Destin Florida. Sugar white sand and emerald green water. And its in the USA

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Low rates of pollution, a population of under 5 million, no near enemies, a good climate, a cheap housing market, advanced technologies, clean oceans, golden sands, no poisonous snakes or spiders, a young population

Well, 4 out of 10 ain't bad, and you're right, that's better than the UK.

The Baltic States are appealing.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Hey ! just want to start a thread to see which are the best palces in the world to live: In regard to low taxes, health care plans, lliberal, etc.

According to those points, ideas like USA or New Zealand(or any other classic country) don't make sense at all and just express a missunderstanding of patriotism. Let's try to be objective.

The answer to your question is probably Switzerland. Recent surveys showed cities like Bern and Z�rich to be the most comfortable cities to live in. Healthcare and pension systems as well as other important aspects are superior in Switzerland.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by mahsa]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Oz, naturally.

I can tell you where it ain't - Phnom Penh!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
switzerland is a beutiful country with a high standard of liveing but the level of beurocracy and ridiculous laws pretty much puts a dampener on it. think austria and luxembourg would be a better bet, same scenery same standard of living, none of the hassle

<<   2 >>

join