It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers leak video of Steubenville, Ohio Rape case.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by GoalPoster

Um....

In India, families force the girls to marry the rapist. It is a very patriachal society.

There is only a public eruption after all these years because the women have finally had enough.

In the US, it isn't as widely accpeted, hence the reason it was covered up.

I believe that poster was referring to this instance in New Delhi where a minor (17 yo) participated in a rape on a bus and he actually ripped out the victims intestines with his bare hands. He also suggested they throw her naked body off the bus. The residents here are rallying because this sicko is also going to be tried as a juvenile and will get 3 years at the most.
Here is the article: www.ibtimes.co.in...

Regarding the Ohio rape, they should be tried as adults. I'm glad to see Anon is on this and making sure people all over know what these football players did as well as the community reps who are protecting them.
If I were Anon, I would cross check the photos of the boys' parents as well as the community reps with the photos from certain r*nning/drinking groups in the area who make light of rape in their songs and nicknames. It's clear to me that the parents might have instilled in their sons that sexual debauchery and disrespecting/dehumanizing/humiliating those around you is "cool", then just use alcohol as your scapegoat if your actions are discovered.
I'm not saying that everyone who's involved in these groups are capable of committing rape, but there certainly are some who enjoy pushing the envelope too far. It doesn't hurt to cross reference photos and double check. The perps, those who may have influenced their personalities, and those who are helping them to get a simple slap on the wrist need to be publicly flogged.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Oh absolutely they should be tried as adults.

There are several rape cases going on in India now, hence the uproar, so I thought the poster was referring to the uprising from the other one.

My impression was that the poster was exclaiming in general that they have an uprise over it, but we don't. I was explaining that we are in two very different points in civil rights for women.
edit on 4-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is disturbing on many levels.
Kudos to the group bringing it to light.

The ones that recused themselves from the case did the proper thing, perhaps the prosecuting attorney should as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It's all good. It's difficult to keep track of them all there are so many. Sad. I wonder how many perps get their charges knocked down to sexual battery and criminal mischief. They should also charge these boys with kidnapping since they took to her to other parties while she was out cold (so it has been reported).
edit on 4-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have lived in small towns 20-40k off and on around the US most of my life. I like it, because of the slower pace and the peace and esthetic beauty that usually come with that.

There are prices that come with it tho. Unless you appease the town elders (this isn't the city council, mind you), things just don't work out.

There is no reason for this. If a judge (a boys mother, no less, tryin to sway charges)and a sheriff with the brains
of an earthworm, are public in these attitudes, you bet your bippie the fed's will be there.

I hope it's expensive to the city, and the school district. I hope young men can teach lessons. I hope a young lady feels support.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"Rape Crew"? They should make these kids eunuchs. You can't control those? You shouldn't have them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reports from twitter saying Anon is planing a support rally in steubenville saturday at noon.(Operation roll red roll)

A little bit of whats being said on twitter at the moment:
thanks to #anonymous // #Knightsec for giving the victim a voice! @YourAnonNews @KYAnonymous #oprollredroll #occupysteubenville

Getting some information that Coach Reno will be resigning on Monday. Why would an innocent man resign??? #OpRollRedRoll (NOT confirmed)

------------

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Aquarius2150

S+F. Havent even heard about this until now. Send this to the top of ATS.

So the webmaster for a fan site, James “Jim” Parks, had pictures of another rape victim, Savannah Dietrich? WTF?

As it turns out, her rape case was also covered-up...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 4-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Good find, this damn town sounds like one big cover up! I want this to be the top story on every news outlet there is by noon today and then send in the real police arrest all these spineless punks and charge them accordingly.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Applause to Anonymous for this.
Hope those boys get what they deserve!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

or maybe - they are getting charged as juvenilles , because they are juvenilles ?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

If these boys did this to my daughter I would want them tried as if they shot the president. Period.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Does anyone on ATS know how to start a petition against them being tried as juveniles ?
So many great brains out there. I would sign it in a heartbeat.
Just let me know where to go and put my X.
Maybe get it read in congress or something. I don't know american law but there must be a way for this to go viral and tptb will have to back down if enough people get at them surely ?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

This story makes me ill. I can't believe people can act this way. How mess up are these people going to be when they get older? They obviously never get held accountable for their actions, so whats to stop them? I think the feds need to step in here, these backwards ass people in this town obviously don't care. If this was my child, the law is the last thing they would need to worry about. Im won't post a link but there is a petition on we the people calling for action. just search the city name it will pop up. I remember hearing growing up that it takes a community to raise a child, this child needs us all to fight for her and others innocent victims of these scum, any way we can.
edit on 4-1-2013 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Recruitment and Solicitation, Please Review This Link

edit on 1/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed solicitation

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good idea! [petition link removed]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 1/5/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thanks for the info

I would start one but as stated I don't know American law and would not know what to petition for

As such I could stuff it up and end up helping the scum by mistake. If someone with more knowledge than I wants to start it I'll happliy second it if thats what's needed.

I'll happily take the credit and the flack for it, or take a back seat I just hope someone that knows american law knows what to ask for.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Usually i dont always agree with Anon and there tactics....

I however feel they have shown time and time again they are willing to go much further than most, slowly destroying people causing them all sorts of grief....

in this case i hope they do, they have the ability in most cases to attack people at this level very easily, i hope they make the kids, there parents and anyone else involved in this very sorry for there actions,

Knight Sec... it is good to see members of Anon doing actual good.....

This may also heavily change peoples opinions of Anon too........

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

check my link above and you can just sign a existing petition.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You're welcome. Not to worry though, there are many bright minds on ATS and I'm sure someone with the time and know how will get the ball rolling. It appears that several petitions could be started on this one event. For one, I'd sign a petition to impeach the District Attorney for talking the girl and her parents out of reporting the incident. That's not her job and she has given poor legal advice and shouldn't be allowed to keep her license or position on the Bar.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

YOU'RE A STAR

Off to sign it now and just emailing all my contacts to do the same.

Many thanks

edit on 4-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What I want to know, is why Jane Hanlin is even allowed to be a prosecutor on this case

Why is it not a conflict of interest when her son is one of the accused?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join