It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Lethal Rounds:The Answer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Non-Lethal Weaponry

Rubber Bullet

If self/home defense is a concern due to neighborhood or other factors, why not use non-lethal rounds?

One can incapacitate the would-be criminal without playing the role of executioner. I understand that leaving a criminal alive will just clog the system, but that's the decision of the great American legal system, the same Lady Justice whom grants you the right to bear arms.

If hunting is the reason for having lethal rounds, then why not have a registry outside the hunting grounds where ammo can be serial numbered, and unspent shells are to be returned for a refund following a hunt?

edit on 3-1-2013 by DaTroof because: fixed links

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

A voice of reason. I'm sure the happy go shooters will be along to villify you shortly but if it counts, I agree.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't go vilifying anyone. The subject is certainly big enough for all to have their opinions.

In my opinion, I'll be happy to use non-lethal ammunition.....if the criminal will swear to use non-lethal weapons against me.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I wouldn't go vilifying anyone. The subject is certainly big enough for all to have their opinions.

In my opinion, I'll be happy to use non-lethal ammunition.....if the criminal will swear to use non-lethal weapons against me.

OK, so we're getting somewhere.

How do you feel about a ban on lethal ammo, where crimes committed with lethal ammo in the weapon would be considered (attempted) murder?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A Taser is mostly non lethal and would render your illigal shooter incapable of even standing up, never mind pointing and firing a gun. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

edit on 3-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The main purpose that most own a fire arm are for hunting and protection.
A non-lethal bullet would both be uncertain as to stopping someone that you are protecting yourself from and incredibly expensive.
Stick with the lead and hopefully keep them away from someone who could potentially use it to harm others in an offensive matter.

I know alot of gun owners ,including myself,and none of us have killed a person.
Yet.
Only game for food.
edit on 3-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

OK, so we're getting somewhere.

How do you feel about a ban on lethal ammo, where crimes committed with lethal ammo in the weapon would be considered (attempted) murder?

That was... deep. I mean... actually profound and well thought out question. The rabbit will have trouble answering that.

I know I have because... I didnt quite get it... its like.. Guru level there!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well actually it might could be non-lethal by caliber or something.

Let me explain. I use a 30/06 rifle for hunting deer and wild hog. I honestly wouldn't use it for self defense for a few reasons. One it is scoped, bolt action rifle and two, the bullet would easily go thru several walls. I think even with a rubber bullet it would likely be lethal at short range.

On the other end I have a shotgun that is fine for hunting squirrels and rabbits and a rubber bullet from it would certainly be non lethal.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Rubber bullets can still kill if struck in the head (especially at relatively close range)....I guess it is all "relative" tho.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A Taser is mostly non lethal and would render your illigal shooter incapable of even standing up, never mind pointing and firing a gun. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

A Taser is one shot. What happens if you miss? Odds are you will on the first try, so now you're empty handed and the bad guy still has his gun. The non lethal ammo may be a good idea in theory, but it would never fly in the real world. You can make all the restrictions you like concerning guns or ammo, they won't do any good. They're called criminals for a reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Non-Lethal Weaponry

Rubber Bullet

If self/home defense is a concern due to neighborhood or other factors, why not use non-lethal rounds?

One can incapacitate the would-be criminal without playing the role of executioner. I understand that leaving a criminal alive will just clog the system, but that's the decision of the great American legal system, the same Lady Justice whom grants you the right to bear arms.

If hunting is the reason for having lethal rounds, then why not have a registry outside the hunting grounds where ammo can be serial numbered, and unspent shells are to be returned for a refund following a hunt?

edit on 3-1-2013 by DaTroof because: fixed links

Armor exists....and it too cannot be un-invented.

maybe I should just rid myself of all my worldly possessions and no one would want to rob me...

edit on 3-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I have never been confronted by a criminal with a gun in my life, nor has any other person I have known in my entire life either. Then again my country isn't overrun with guns, I guess you reap what you sew. You guys seem pretty fearful of being confronted by a criminal with a gun so I guess it must be likely in your nation. You live by tyhe concequences of your own actions I guess. For what its worth, there are that many guns in America now that it would probably be near on impossible to enforce an effective kind of gun control. But you guys seem happy to live with those concequences so who am I to say anything I suppose?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I respect you as a user, so I'll tell you a story, although I should have put this in the OP. The store I work at had a robbery a few years back, and the clerk (my friend, D - fake name) was able to get to his firearm in a semi-enclosed environment. The robber opened the door and took a slug right in his chest, knocking him back about 10 feet. The wound was fatal. D's 2nd shot ricocheted off the edge of the weighted door as it was closing and narrowly missed the robber, putting a hole through the storefront window, flying across the parking lot, hitting the street, penetrating a fence and a window of the house across the street before finally getting buried in the ceiling of their kitchen.

I always think about if someone had been driving by at the wrong time, or if the bullet had caught someone walking outside, or the neighbors across the street. Even though D did the right thing and double-tapped, there could have been significant collateral damage. It's never safe to fire a gun outside the range. Never.

edit on 3-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you want non lethal rounds I suggest buying a sling shot.
Perhaps our government, the real reason behind why we have the right to bear arms, would equip themselves with rubber bullets first. Yea I didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by DAVID64

I have never been confronted by a criminal with a gun in my life, nor has any other person I have known in my entire life either. Then again my country isn't overrun with guns, I guess you reap what you sew. You guys seem pretty fearful of being confronted by a criminal with a gun so I guess it must be likely in your nation. You live by tyhe concequences of your own actions I guess. For what its worth, there are that many guns in America now that it would probably be near on impossible to enforce an effective kind of gun control. But you guys seem happy to live with those concequences so who am I to say anything I suppose?

In one sentence people say oh look mass shootings everywhere we have to prevent more by banning guns!

In the next sentence people say...you don't need guns I have never been confronted by someone with a gun ever.

In the next sentence they say:

Hello 911!!! Someone with a gun is in my house and I haven't the ability to do anything about it because I've never been in this situation before in my life...Please send someone with a gun to my house to save my life due haste!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I guess you missed the concept that I live in a country with gun control and are describing the fact that I or any other person I know has ever been on the receiving end of gun crime. At the same time I can safely say that mass shootings in my country are almost non existant. The same obviously cannot be said about the USA but like I say, your probably too far down the line to do anything about it and most of you seem happy to reap what you sew, so I guess there is not much more to be discussed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That's just plain genius.
Rubber bullets and no more crime.

I mean nobody would ever reload a round with lead right? Nah.

Yeah and go ahead and shoot me with your rubber bullets, i will just get up and stab you or shoot you with my rubber bullets.

Hell lets make a game out of it, like paintball. Fun huh.

I won't rape your wife and daughter because your rubber bullets might hurt me.
A little.

Try using the thing between your ears

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Here, hold up. I'm gonna go smoke this bowl of methamphetamine real quick, then I'm gonna rob you. Try and take me down with a rubber bullet. Dare you.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I take it you have no idea of what effect a projectile rubber bullet would have on you. Lets just say you won't be standing up again until after you have been to the emergency room.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
the answer is not to shoot each other.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join