It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton 17th time, most admired woman in the WORLD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
www.addictinginfo.org...

It’s not every day one is chosen the “Most Admired Woman in the World,” but winning the honor seventeen times in the last twenty years is a global accolade of unprecedented significance. As Hillary Clinton remains hospitalized for treatment of the blood clot discovered in her head after a fall and concussion, one bit of good cheer arrived in the form of a Gallup Poll on the topic of “most admired men and women.” In winning the honor she shares with her male counterpart, President Barack Obama (who was chosen as the “Most Admired Man In the World”), Clinton becomes the “Most Admired” more than any other woman in Gallup’s history:

Most admired more than any other woman in Gallup's history! That's quite an accomplishment.

Some of us love her, some of us hate her, but around the world, the entire world, she has been named the most admired 17 total times. That's more than anyone else ever has. That's saying something. Love her or hate her, you gotta respect that. It's no small accomplishment and she is no "average woman".

I can't say that I've ever admired any woman as much as I admire her. Think about it. Love or hate, admiration is something that we respect, that we look to as knowledgable, that we would use as an example when pointing something out. That's not the same as "like" or "attracted to" or "in love with", it's "admired".

I'm my own opinion, she should be the President right now, not Obama. I do hope she runs when his term is up, I would most certainly vote for her. She is a remarkable lady.

More than any other woman in history

and she "won" by a significant margin!

edit on 3-1-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmmm Not by myself, but then again I'm not stupid or sold the usual MSM story.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'd say somebody has been fudging the stats for 20 years, more likely. And that same somebody wants us all to think everyone else but us, admires her. Problem is, I've never met anyone who does. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That woman makes my skin crawl. Mother Therese on a lower standing than Hillary Clinton. This world is upside down. The good are the bad and the bad are the good. But then Hitler was admired at his time also by the world before they really found out how crazy he was.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I'd say somebody has been fudging the stats for 20 years, more likely. And that same somebody wants us all to think everyone else but us, admires her. Problem is, I've never met anyone who does. Hmmmm.

Well, I admire her, so now you have.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

Well, at least now I can say I know of someone who does. I feel better.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I guess they only asked women the question then.
Cos I wouldn't have picked any of those...

Mine would be

1) Nicole Kidman
2) Kelly Brook
3) Lilly Cole

Ah you get my point

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai
Well, I admire her, so now you have.

What exactly do you admire about her? She seems like the typical politician to me..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Admired for what exactly?

Just for being in politics? Most admired female in politics?

I akin that to winning second place in the beauty pageant in Monopoly... Prize... $10!

w00t!
edit on 3/1/2013 by Sovaka because: Missed a word.

edit on 3/1/2013 by Sovaka because: Corrected reference.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Anyone who rejoices in the death of another, no matter how evil we deem them, is a sick twisted individual. Maybe Hillary and her head wound will take the stage in an unprecedented , unexpected manner? Like I said, we all bow down to the cult of personality and worship at the feet of self.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who makes up these stats!

The voters are not 'worldwide', the recipients are mostly Americans.

Where are the Chinese women, the Russian women, the Indian women.

Why don't they say 'the most admired women in the USA! Damn site more accurate!

Even then, the political overtones are anything but neutral.

I am reminded of the youtube video where Americans are asked simple questions and have no clue!

ROFLMAO

P

edit on 3/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

It's ok, haters are going to hate. I say just let them be.

Hillary is whip smart and has accomplished a feat no other FLOTUS before her has-She became an actual politician. She has power equal to many men in Washington D.C. I don't have to agree with her political views to respect accomplishment when I see it. I wouldn't care if she had a R behind her name, I'd respect it.
edit on 3-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

How can you respect an "accomplishment" when Politics are so corrupt, "Politicians" are placed (not earned) for someone's own agenda.

In Politics, you ONLY earn your position if you are doing the right thing for the people... But then, we all know, you never make it to the big stage where it matters.

But having said that, your local community is the ONLY community that matters.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I guess they only asked women the question then.
Cos I wouldn't have picked any of those...

Mine would be

1) Nicole Kidman
2) Kelly Brook
3) Lilly Cole

Ah you get my point

Yeah, that's why I made a point to say "not attracted to" or "in love with"

Nice list...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by antonia

In Politics, you ONLY earn your position if you are doing the right thing for the people... But then, we all know, you never make it to the big stage where it matters.

Doing "the right thing" for people is a rather subjective thing isn't it? Either way, we are talking about a woman who was hated for almost everything she was when her husband was in office and still succeeded. She is a shrewd woman and I respect that. Do I agree with what she does? No, but I'm also not a player hater.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Admired for what exactly?

Just for being in politics? Most admired female in politics?

I akin that to winning second place in the beauty pageant in Monopoly... Prize... $10!

w00t!
edit on 3/1/2013 by Sovaka because: Missed a word.

edit on 3/1/2013 by Sovaka because: Corrected reference.

Yeah, she's a politician, a very accomplished politician. The first female to make a solid run for President and come close to nomination by one of the "big" political parties, the wife of a two term President (and in my opinion, one of the best we ever had), she IS an admirable woman. You don't have to "like" her to admire her accomplishments.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by kthxbai

It's ok, haters are going to hate. I say just let them be.

Hillary is whip smart and has accomplished a feat no other FLOTUS before her has-She became an actual politician. She has power equal to many men in Washington D.C. I don't have to agree with her political views to respect accomplishment when I see it. I wouldn't care if she had a R behind her name, I'd respect it.
edit on 3-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

Very well said. She may not be somebody's "favorite politician", but she is very accomplished and has made remarkable strides. She is to be respected whether we individually agree with her or not. I mostly do, it seems many here (I would hazard to guess those on the other political side) do not, but they still have to admit, she makes an impact in their lives as well. Opposition is to be "admired" as well as those we agree with.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well depends.

I dont know many women who have said "We came, we saw, he died" the way she said it... not even muhammad ali could say something like that and that guy was good "It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." is a close second... BUT NOT ENOUGH!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Hmmm Not by myself, but then again I'm not stupid or sold the usual MSM story.

In your opinion, my opinion is quite different. I give more credance to my own.

You don't like her, so you take a personal jab (an incorrect one) at me. Takes a great deal away from your stance doesn't it?

edit on 3-1-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

I think maybe you should use Google or research a little better before making a desicion on who you think is a "great" person.

Other examples of who people thought were great persons were:

Jimmy Jones
Hitler
President Bush (Both of them)

Now, saying I'm not an idiot and I don't follow MSM is not a slight on you, but I fear your admiration is a little jaded.

But it all come out in the wash..........as they say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join