It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes in court Monday: What will his defense be?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwasabi
reply to post by GrantedBail

I really don't think he did the shooting at all. By the way, at least two witnesses say that the person who opened the exit had a goatee and wasn't James Holmes (Corbin Dates said this on Hardball with Chris Matthews, and another witness came on James Holmes Open Forum on Facebook and said this). So nobody can place James Holmes as the shooter as far as I'm aware. All they have is circumstantial evidence. They found him in the armor, and a magazine fell out of his pocket. But nobody for sure can say, "Yeah, he did the shooting".

By the way, according to someone at the prelim hearings, "There are NO cameras outside or in the theaters themselves". It's unfortunate they're saying that because I did see a camera on the back of one of the exits (I don't think it was theater 9's exit).

This article talks about the the camera at the back of the building, it seems that there is one although it's not at the exit to theatre 9, it's at the end of the building where the second gas mask was found.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Brocade because: grammar

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Well, I know they wouldn't have known during the minutes that the shooting began and continued but I remember from the ems tapes that the police were trying to assist victims and get through the tear gas and the movie was still running. I remember a cop yelling after he had been there several minutes if they could get the movie turned off.

I don't know how multiplexes work but certainly someone could have shut the movie off and turned on the lights?? Not trying to judge too much, just saying.
edit on 8-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

From what I remember the camera would have filmed the assailant. From your link:

What I found may be more damning than I could have imagined: yes there are security cameras mounted on the building on the front and apparently on the back shooting down the length of the rear of the building and if someone were walking down that sidewalk after leaving that exit, then their face would be clearly visible on that camera because they would have been walking directly toward it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh this is interesting!

Detectives have never figured out how many people were in the theater that night. Between 370 and 380, Fyles said. Some haven't come forward

Twitter Feed

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

I don't know how multiplexes work but certainly someone could have shut the movie off and turned on the lights?? Not trying to judge too much, just saying.
edit on 8-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

The projectors are all automated and there are no employees in the theaters for the most part. Take a look next you're at the movies.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
He went through a lot of preparation only to give himself up the minute he was arrested!!

The music would draw the attention. The attention would jostle the door. The door would tug the fishing line. The line would topple the thermos full of glycerin, and the glycerin would mix in the frying pan with the potassium permanganate to create a flame.

The flame would set the petroleum-soaked carpet on fire. The fire would light the fuses. The fuses would detonate the jars filled with homemade thermite, smokeless powder and stove-top napalm mixed with bullets. The white ammonium chloride sprinkled across the floor by the front door, that was just to scare the police.

There was one more, Gumbinner said, that involved 6-inch fireworks shells, a commercial pyrotechnic firing box atop the refrigerator, another boombox, a toy car and a remote control placed by a Dumpster.
"The whole apartment would have either exploded or caught fire," Gumbinner said.

Link

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This kid was ready, that is for sure.

Firearms and Explosives agent detailed 16 separate purchases Holmes is accused of making to acquire the four guns used in the shooting — 6,295 rounds of rifle, shotgun and handgun ammunition; dozens of gun magazines; ballistic gear; weapon slings; two laser sights; two tear-gas canisters; hundreds of practice targets; explosive chemicals; fireworks supplies; handcuffs; and a military first aid dressing.
The purchases all came from online retailers or sporting goods stores in the Denver metro area and began on May 10 and ended July 14.

twitter feed/blog

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Brocade

Your welcome.
Not a lot of people interested but I am as well as you.

I'm interested but I just found this thread and I'm still reading it. I see the cop's have lied already on day one, I'd like to see the footage of Holmes going into the theatre. It's the only way we can be sure it is him they're showing. We already know that witnesses said the guy who opened the door had a goatee so that wasn't Holmes. I have to agree that this is very bad timing for him, I wonder if he knows what's going on.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If this is the case...as they are testifying, how would Holmes have known that the apartment didn't blow. According to testimony, he entered the theatre, scanned his ticket, kicked it by the popcorn for a minute, held the door open for a couple, and finally entered theatre number 9. He then sat in the front row, took a cell phone call, exited out the emergency door, only to return at 12:28 and begin shooting. Plus he had drive time which I understand is a few minutes as well. So at least 45 minutes transpired from the time he left his apartment until he was arrested. However, he immediately wants to tell the cop about his booby-trapped apartment. How did he know it hadn't gone off yet?? And what about those vehicle deterrent spikes that were in his car?? Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

"He said he rigged the apartment to explode to get law enforcement to send resources to his apartment instead of the theater," Gumbinner said.

Link

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
www.mercurynews.com... rynews.com

"Police never ordered that blood be drawn from Holmes after his arrest."

This is inexplicable, given that Holmes was obviously under the influence of drugs. Have they done ANY toxicological screen on him since his arrest?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I don't know about since his arrest. I know that the defense team brought on a psychiatrist. But, I agree with you that is crazy they didn't take his blood. The cop said he was "out of it" and his pupils were dilated.

I think what happens in crimes such as these that the DAs office gets put in charge right away. It could have been their call. IDK

Another observation is that Holmes was surely playing the role of the "lone nut". Playing puppets and sticking staples into light sockets.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

The guy was mentally disturbed enough to shoot up a theater. Why would you expect any of his behavior to make sense?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

And the timing seems very off, if as was claimed his computer was set to start playing loud music around 12:30, especially on a Friday night it would surely be a long time before someone finally went to the door to try to stop it, so he must have known that whatever happened at the cinema would be long over by then. So yes, why on earth volunteer the information? It hardly sounds that it came from a fit of remorse or anything.

The vehicle deterrent spikes is a weird detail :/ totally agree.

The inconsistencies about him being in or beside the car, the spine board, the outright lies about him claiming to be 'the joker', banning cameras after that first hearing that made so many people take note, the dodgy mugshots, the witness statements... there's just so much wrong with this. Locking down all the information didn't help despite the claims it was to ensure he had a 'fair trial', certainly didn't help Holmes as harmful stuff like 'I'm the joker' has stuck and not been able to be refuted. Not drug testing him most of all, that's utterly incomprehensible - he was pouring with sweat, huge pupils, behaving completely bizarrely and had supposedly just tried to slaughter hundreds of people, but nope, couldn't possibly be drugged

Something really stinks, imho.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Brocade because: Can't spell

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Holmes has zero chance of a fair trial. Even if they find impartial jurors, the government will never let the whole story out. I'll be shocked if he's not executed.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

The guy was mentally disturbed enough to shoot up a theater. Why would you expect any of his behavior to make sense?

Got any evidence to support that statement (the one about him shooting up the theater)? Real evidence I mean. Something that actually proves that HE was the shooter. Because if you had evidence like that, the prosecution would LOVE to speak with you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

Brocade, the only people the government is trying to protect is themselves. They're covering asses of people that go WAY higher than them. This goes all the way to the top. And not just Obama, it goes to his puppet masters.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
www.mercurynews.com... rynews.com

"Police never ordered that blood be drawn from Holmes after his arrest."

This is inexplicable, given that Holmes was obviously under the influence of drugs. Have they done ANY toxicological screen on him since his arrest?

This:

“Police apparently never ordered drug/alcohol test on Holmes after his arrest in #theatershoooting case. Saw no indication of intoxication.”

Sort of contradicts this:

“Under observation, Holmes played with paper bags on hands like they were puppets, Det. Appel says. Detective notes other strange behavior”

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
By the way, it's interesting that they talk about how he used the evidence bags they put on his hands as sock puppets. But have they mentioned anything about actually findng any gunshot residue on his hands (which was the reason for the evidence bags in the first place)? NO. This trial is a disgrace to America.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This man shares my speculation of James Holmes possibly being on Scopolamine.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not entering the conspiracy before i get more news.

All i want to say at the moment:

Not testing Holmes on Alcohol/Drugs is a very bad job by law enforcement.
Especially after the Officer who arrested him noted dillated pupils, "seemed to be off" AND realized a very strong smell off Holmes. This all besides, the most obvious: a guy that is so nuts to go on a killing spree.

I mean, a friend of mine was recently in an car accident (innocent). It was one of these incidents where one car approached a traffic jam, and reacted to late, so he bumped into a car, this car bumped into the next - domino effect with 4 cars, nobody injured, just some bumpers and lights damaged. Police arrived and tested EVERY driver involved for substances, even the 3 victims who have been standing in the traffic jam.

The other question, which was already brought up: The results of the gun residue tests ?
Any info on that? I have not seen any so far.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join