It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes in court Monday: What will his defense be?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

"As Oviatt searched Holmes for weapons, Officer Blue arrived and began to assist. He asked Holmes if anyone else was with him, and the suspect said, "No." Blue then asked if Holmes had any other weapons. Holmes replied that he had four guns and no explosives, but he had an improvised explosive device at his house."

blogs.westword.com...

I guess they're going to pretend like they never found a bomb in the front parking lot...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwasabi

I live 3 miles from Azana and was around the scene. They setup the EMT's and others grouped together (like Sandy Hook) across the street (6 lanes) in front of the mall. There was plenty of room at the McDonalds next door to Azana. The amount of personnel, the coordination, and the waiting was all very odd. Seemed like a staged thing.

Funny thing is, the next night there was a guy with a rifle holed up with his girlfriend in Waukesha. I say eight ambulances, seven fire trucks, and approximately 30 squads. The whole thing looked like a drill. For one guy??? The guy in the truck that blocked the road that I was going to turn on was also in the mall lot at Azana. And, it's not the same juristiction.

It was and is all very weird.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Well thanks for that link. I didn't read that today in one story and I read several.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

I live 3 miles from Azana and was around the scene. They setup the EMT's and others grouped together (like Sandy Hook) across the street (6 lanes) in front of the mall. There was plenty of room at the McDonalds next door to Azana. The amount of personnel, the coordination, and the waiting was all very odd. Seemed like a staged thing.

Funny thing is, the next night there was a guy with a rifle holed up with his girlfriend in Waukesha. I say eight ambulances, seven fire trucks, and approximately 30 squads. The whole thing looked like a drill. For one guy??? The guy in the truck that blocked the road that I was going to turn on was also in the mall lot at Azana. And, it's not the same juristiction.

It was and is all very weird.

Thanks for your account on this. Initially I thought you were talking about the Sikh Temple Shooting. Somehow this one escaped me. It wasn't played up by the media very much. That's usually the red flag that it's a false flag.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Well thanks for that link. I didn't read that today in one story and I read several.

No worries. I'm not claiming it's correct, just that there were multiple accounts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The cops testified that Holmes threw both cans of tear gas. Doesn"t jibe with witness statements.
edit on 7-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Source?
How could a cop testify that Holmes threw the tear gas cans, when this was the first action, done before the shooting and before cops arrived on the scene?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

The cops testified that Holmes threw both cans of tear gas. Doesn"t jibe with witness statements.
edit on 7-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Source?
How could a cop testify that Holmes threw the tear gas cans, when this was the first action, done before the shooting and before cops arrived on the scene?

Yes, indeed; and they said they don't have video footage of the shooting from inside the cinema so there's no way of knowing that.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by IvanAstikov

After having researched MK-Ultra extensively, as well as the effects of Scopolamine, his behavior is a clear sign of mind control, in my opinion and speculation. Have you researched MK-Ultra as extensively as I have? The Monarch project perhaps?

So, do you think they are relying on the general public's lack of knowledge of such possibilities and don't even care if their tactics are obvious to those in the know?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

I think I read that from a twitter feed. I read so many articles yesterday and was following a couple of twitter feeds, I can't remember exactly where I read it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I found an interesting page of notes from a blog in the Denver Post.

Monday’s opening day of the preliminary hearing in the Aurora theater shooting murder case offered numerous new insights into the tragedy and the evidence against James Holmes. In this morning’s Denver Post, we have two stories — one about the investigation details revealed in court Monday and another about the heroic actions of police officers the morning of the shooting. (Click here to read an extended version of that story.)

But, after nearly six hours of testimony Monday, there were details that did not find their way into one of those two stories. Here are seven notes from Day 1 of the preliminary hearing:

snip>

It was the best signal yet that the defense likely intends to offer an insanity defense in the case. Its odd placement in the hearing only made it stand out that much more clearly.

“He immediately put his hands up,” Oviatt said. snip> “He was completely compliant,” Oviatt said. “There wasn’t even a normal tension in him.”

There was at least one thing he didn’t tell officers — at least not the several who testified Monday. No officer testified Monday that they heard Holmes call himself the Joker, contrary to widespread reports.

snip>

More

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It appears we will have the same type of testimony today. A description of victim interviews and their wounds.

John Ingold @john_ingoldToday is expected to pick back up with Aurora Det. Todd Fredericksen describing injuries of wounded victims. 12 yesterday. 58 more to go.

Twitter Feed

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Thank you for posting this, it's extremely interesting.

This whole thing just seems very wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
From the twitter feed it appears that this morning's testimony is covering the 911 calls. There were 41 911 calls made in the first 10 minutes.

First 10 minutes of #theatershooting, dispatch received 41 911 calls. First, Kevin Quinonez, arrived at 12:38, about 18 min from movie start

In Quinonez' 27-second 911 call, Det. Randy Hansen counted 30 loud booms -- gunshots. #theatershooting

Gunshots drowned out most of Quinonez' 911 call. "There's some guy... after us" can barely be made out on tape. #theatershooting

Also a very sad rendition of 6 year old Veronica Moser's cousin interview and her 911 call.Twitter Feed

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

Your welcome.
Not a lot of people interested but I am as well as you.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I find this whole false flag idea an exercise in an over driven imagination, too many episodes of x-files and now people believe every crime is government plot. Accept the fact that this young man is mentally ill and acted on his dillusions, nothing more nothing less. Life sentence in prison end of story nothing more.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
From the Denver Post: A wrap-up of the morning's first testimony

CENTENNIAL — During testimony Tuesday in the James Holmes preliminary hearing, 911 calls from inside Theater 9 were played in the courtroom.

A weeping 13-year-old girl can be heard with the chaos of the theater behind her.

"My two cousins, they're sitting on the floor ... one of them" is not breathing, the girl told the dispatcher.

Link

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Does he still have that weird, vacant look in his eye? The one that makes him look like he's been drugged out of his mind? I'm somewhat of the opinion that he might in fact be under sedation.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here is a new one. Vehicle deterrent spikes found in Holme's car!!?? Was he planning on trying to get away?

FBI Bomb tech found following items in Holmes car: iphone, two handguns, rifle cases, vehicle deterrent spikes #theatershoooting

twitter feed

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

There are no cameras but from what I read about yesterday's hearing, Holmes sat there unemotional and not moving at all. Even during some of the most emotional testimony. Nothing about his eyes. I saw an artist rendering of Holmes entering the courtroom but you can't really decipher anything from that.
edit on 8-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why didn't the cops just shoot him when they saw him after the crime. It would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money. The Lawyers are the only ones benefiting from this trial, Holmes can never be trusted to be left back out into society. This is where the current judicial system is in favor of the lawyers pocket book. In cases with so many witnesses, this thing should already be over with and he should be on death row with no appeals that feed the vultures. I have a problem with lawyers in cases like this. I have a problem with the whole legal system in cases like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join