It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spear of Destiny and Its Victims: From Jesus to Hitler

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by daaskapital

Those sources make me cringe....

I understand

I dont see whats so great about this forged peice of trash. Why even pay attention to myths like these... i mean unless your major is darkage fiction.

As i stated earlier, i don't hold any particular belief regarding the Spear of Destiny. I just thought it was interesting, so i posted it here.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You should read the book: The Spear of Destiny by Trevor Ravenscroft. An excellent book jam packed with occult information. Ravenscroft was an associate of many modern "mages" like Crowley. He had deep understanding of why these myths and legends were able to carry so much power over the imaginations of mankind.
I liked your post.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anyone able to gift that spear to my ex-wife so we can test this theory?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Interesting. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it. The spear gives its holder the power to rule.

I believe you mentioned that the US took control of it after the war. Could that be the real cause of the post war boom here?

And another thing: Which nation has it now? The US is collapsing so they cant be in possesion

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The "Spear of Longinus", Longinus being the name of the Roman soldier who pieced Christ, is a middle age invention when the most of Christianity had devolved into superstition and aspects of occultism, the "establishment church" having departed the faith. The "relics" trade was quite active, fraud being the avenue for traders in relics to make fortunes.

There is no mention or history of the "Spear of Longinus" in the writings of the early Church, or early church historians, anywhere.

It is purely myth, a myth that was perpetuated to bolster the relics trade and increase the power the Roman Catholic church held over illiterate, ignorant, superstitious Europeans in the Dark Ages.

edit on 7-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: addition of fact

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Great thread OP... this stuff has always been a curiosity to me!

There may be a spear of destiny, but I have NO idea why a spear tip .. or a whole one for that matter..would be a relic of power any more than a cup. Im not bashing here, but there is a magical thinking issue that keeps up the fakeries and fraudulent relics and holy items. A bone of a saint, a tooth of baby jesus.. why would any of these things be magical or hold power?? IMO they wouldnt. Hitler was wild about power objects but found a bunch of fakes.... Its just all so strange.

Anyway, just to add to the mystery... and not as a previous poster stated that it is to deliberately point away from a real object with some sort of power.. its a matter of great commerce and keeping a simple populace interested in buying a chunk of it or a piece of cloth that touched it.. depending on what degree of relic whatever church is peddling.. and a nice reliquary to house it in. I collect many thing, one being relics in reliquaries. The idea that a piece of a napkin that touched the body of a dead saint ( some even were NOT saints.. which is another fraud altogether) is pretty curious to me. My personal favorite is a bone.. supposed to be a finger bone.. of St Benedict. Looks very much like a cat foreleg bone frag.. But it has a COA.. go figure.

There seems to have been enough milk of the Virgin -- some of it was still exhibited in Spanish churches in the nineteenth century -- preserved in Europe to feed a few calves.
There was hair enough to make a mattress.
There were sufficient pieces of "the true cross" to make a boat [as Protestant reformer Calvin had remarked].
There were teeth of Christ enough to outfit a dentist (one monastery, at Charroux, had the complete set.)
There were so many sets of baby-linen of the infant Jesus, in Italy, France and Spain, that one could have opened a shop with them.
One of the greatest churches in Rome had Christ's manger-cradle.
Seven churches had his authentic umbilical cord,
and a number of churches had his foreskin (removed at circumcision and kept as a souvenir by Mary).

One church had the miraculous imprint of his little bottom on a stone on which he had sat.
Mary herself had left enough wedding rings, shoes, stockings, shirts, girdles, etc., to fill a museum.
You can, if you are good, see one of her shifts still in Chartres cathedral; though in this coarser age of ours it is called a "veil."
One church had Aaron's rod.
Six churches had the six heads cut off John the Baptist ...

Fragments of 'the true cross', pieces of saints' bodies, still-wet tears shed by Jesus, barbs from the Crown of Thorns,
Mary's undergarments - such were treasured in jewelled cases in every major church.
A ruler of Saxony proudly possessed 17,000 relics, including a branch from Moses' burning bush and a feather from the wings of the Angel Gabriel.
Canterbury Cathedral displayed part of the clay left over after God fashioned Adam.
Historian Charles Mackay said Spanish churches had six or seven thighbones of the Virgin Mary, and others had enough of St Peter's toenails to fill a sack.
Voltaire noted that six sacred foreskins were snipped from Jesus at his circumcision; later researchers counted fifteen

Im not talking about just fakes.. Im talking about fakes condoned and passed off as real by the church..

I particularly love the peacock feather passed off by the church as a feather from the wing of Gabriel.

news.discovery.com...
www.chicagotribune.com...
forums.catholic.com...
freetruth.50webs.org...
Pope benedict doesnt care much if they are fakes or not..
www.catholicherald.co.uk...
However something being fake is real important .. sometimes.
www.nytimes.com...

The list just goes on and on. Its fascinating really.

The Roman Catholic church that developed in the Dark Ages, from the 8th century onward, was built on fraud, deceit and forgery.

It was the forgeries of the Donation of Constantine, the Gregorian Decretals, the Decretals of Pseudo-Isidore, Liber Pontificalis and thousands of doctored and altered documents from early Christian writers, early councils that were legitimate, but had Roman Catholic claims written back into them to deceive the illiterate and ignorant people's of Europe, that became the foundation for what became the Roman Catholic church.

Rome approved of, and encouraged the fraudulent, superstitious and occultic nature of the relics trade in order to keep people in bondage.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Coincidence. We got one guy who falls off his horse into a river and drowns. If you got heavy armor on,pretty good chance that's gonna happen. It said whoever holds the spear,will have great power. General Patton had Power long before WW2 started. His car accident was a result of the spear? It said,"whoever had the spear would remain powerful". I hate to burst everyone's bubble,but General Patton lost his power long before he ended up with the spear. Uncle Adolph knew his goose was cooked. That's why he bumped himself off. Same with Himmler and Gobels. They bumped themselves off,cause they knew they were #ed. This # reminds me of the Curse of King Tut. Break into his tomb and you'll be taking a dirt nap. People died that broke in there. Years down the road,they figured out what it was. Nothing supernatural. It was some kind of virus carrying mosquito that bit him. That's why he died. It's fun believing in # like the spear of destiny,Bigfoot or the curse of the boy King . Until someone comes forward with proof beyond anything,or uses the spear of destiny in a controlled experiment,it's only gonna make for some great fiction

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepupils
Wanted: I will pay competitive prices for any of the following relics.

1) blue belly button lint from Jesus.

2) petrified placenta from the Virgin Mary.

3) gray hair from Moses beard &/or arm pit.

4) the droppings of the dove that Noah released from the Ark.

5) petrified fecal matter from the lions in the pit with David.

6) pope ratzinger's Hitler Youth knife from his service in the Nazi regime.

All sellers will remain confidential. Please u2u me for further info.

Serious Inquiries only!!!

Would you except pope ratzingers petrified fecal matter from his service in one of his used adult daipers?

edit on 10-8-2018 by knackers323 because: Spelling

edit on 10-8-2018 by knackers323 because: Autocorrect

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wertdagf
reply to post by daaskapital

Those sources make me cringe....

I dont see whats so great about this forged peice of trash. Why even pay attention to myths like these... i mean unless your major is darkage fiction.

Isn't that the bottom line? I'm not sure if there are a lot of people that never graduated from Batman, or there are a lot of people simply half nuts. Suppose you'd have to take that on an individual basis. Somebody could post a pic of a Slurpee cup and claim it's the Holy Grail, and you just know somebody would chime in, claiming the Lord Jesus most liked berry flavor. The proof is right there, in the new Dan Brown book.

I'm with you, have no idea what it is that some people are up for anything and everything, provided there's no nexus with reality. There is something decidedly not adult about that.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I get tha feeling that trying to date a magical spear would not work.

Perhaps knowing the age of such is not in the destiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join