It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spear of Destiny and Its Victims: From Jesus to Hitler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The Spear of Destiny and Its Victims: From Jesus to Hitler

The Spear of Destiny was used to pierce the side of Jesus. According to the Bible, the event proved that Jesus had actually died and was (as a result) the Messiah. While there are currently four spears which claim to be the legendary one from the Bible; this thread will only focus on one, the Spear in Vienna.

The Spear in Vienna was tested on in 2003. The results concluded that the spear in Vienna was not one from the 1st Century (thus meaning it was not the spear used to prove the death of Jesus). The spear was however, one from the 7th Century; and the nail it contained (purported to be a nail from the crucifix of Jesus) did correlate with others from the 1st Century. While this may put some readers off of the thread, i urge those to continue reading. This is because the thread does not overly concern itself with the authenticity of the spear in Vienna, but the legends behind it and the deaths it has apparently caused. For all intents and purposes, the spear in Vienna will be referred to as the Spear of Destiny from here on.

The Spear of Destiny has been wielded by a lot of influential figures throughout history. It has also been the goal of others (e.g. Napoleon Bonaparte). According to legend those who wielded the spear would be powerful (and remain so), but once they lost it, death would befall them. This thread will now list those figures of history who had supposedly wielded the Spear of Destiny, but also lost it and succumbed to an early death. While older accounts may have been exaggerated (or simply not true), modern accounts have been confirmed.

Charlemagne

Charlemagne was the founder of the Carolingian Empire, ruling from 768 until his death in 814. According to legend, Charlemagne had wielded the Spear of Destiny, which allowed him to expand his kingdom into an Empire encompassing most of Europe. Legend claims that Charlemagne had carried the Spear of Destiny through 47 battles, but died soon after dropping it.

Holy Roman Emperor, Frederick Barbarossa I

Frederick Barbarossa was the King of Germany in 1152, but was eventually instated as a Roman Emperor in 1155 (having pushed his way into Italy). It is stated that the Spear of Destiny was what aided him in his campaigns. It was said to be the reason he was eventually instated as an Emperor. Legend has it that Frederick Barbarossa succumbed to death after misplacing the Spear of Destiny while crossing a stream. Barbarossa did indeed drown while crossing the Saleph river in Turkey. Instead of crossing the bridge, Barbarossa instead wanted to cross through the water. With the current being too strong, the horse lost balance. Barbarossa fell off of the horse. Wearing heavy armour, Barbarossa was unable to swim. Thus, Barbarossa died an untimely death by way of drowning.

It is unknown how the Spear of Destiny had found its way from Barbarossa to other holy Roman Emperors, but there is recorded history of how it left the hands of the Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund, eventually falling into the hands of Adolf Hitler:

In 1424, Sigismund had a collection of relics, including the lance, moved from his capital in Prague to his birthplace, Nuremberg, and decreed them to be kept there forever. This collection was called the Imperial Regalia (Reichskleinodien).

When the French Revolutionary army approached Nuremberg in the spring of 1796 the city councilors decided to remove the Reichskleinodien to Vienna for safe keeping. The collection was entrusted to one "Baron von Hügel", who promised to return the objects as soon as peace had been restored and the safety of the collection assured. However, the Holy Roman Empire was disbanded in 1806 and the Reichskleinodien remained in the keeping of the Habsburgs. When the city councilors asked for the Reichskleinodien back, they were refused. As part of the imperial regalia, it was kept in the Imperial Treasury Imperial Treasury and was known as the lance of Saint Maurice.

Adolf Hitler

Hitler's first contact with the Spear of Destiny came in September of 1912, when he visited the Hofburg Museum. In regards to the spear itself, Hitler stated:

"I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwardly knew yet could not bring to consciousness...I felt as though I myself had held it before in some earlier century of history. That I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands..."

After the annexation of Austria in 1938, Hitler had the museum's contents (along with the spear) moved to Nuremburg, where it would remain for most of the war. After the war turned in the allies favour, Hitler ordered the contents to an underground vault, where the items would be protected from heavy bombing. It is said that on April 30th, 1945, at 2:10 PM, advancing American forces took possession of the vault and the spear. Eighty minutes later Adolf Hitler had died, by his own hand, in a bunker in Berlin.

While the Spear of Destiny's history is a fascinating one, it doesn't stop with Hitler.

General George Patton

Once American forces retrieved the artifacts, it was up to General Patton to return them to Austria. After having the Spear of Destiny studied, Patton returned all of the Museums contents and prepared for his final trip home...he never made it.

On December 9th 1945, the day before Patton was scheduled to leave Europe for the USA, he was involved in a car crash. Even though the crash was relatively minor, Patton was the only passenger who was not aware of an upcoming crash. He did not brace himself, thus slamming his head into a metal part of the car, paralysing him from the neck down. He lived for another 12 days when he finally passed away in a Military Hospital at Heidelberg.

While these are the only complete accounts, it is said that the Spear of Destiny has been wielded by many more individuals. To name some: Herod the Great, Maurice the Manichean, Constantine the Great, Theodosius, Alaric, Theodoric, Justinian, Charles Martel, Heinrich I the Fowler, Otto I the Great and Pope John XII.

While there are inconsistencies surrounding the stories of the Spear of Destiny there is no doubt that it is an interesting subject. One thing is for sure though; leaders throughout history have coveted the relic, and those who have wielded it seem to have met an untimely death...

Thanks for reading,

Daas.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sources:

www.crystalinks.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.thespearofdestiny.com...

web.org.uk...

io9.com...

www.unmuseum.org...

freakyphenomena.com...

libraryofstsophiastjohn.tripod.com...

www.bibleprobe.com...

ignatiusjreilly.hubpages.com...

www.jerryesmith.com...

books.google.com.au... Y4Uwmmw7x8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RyblUKz8G-mfiAfSpoG4CA&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Barbarossa%20spear%20of%20destiny%20stream&f=false

edit on 3-1-2013 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Another great thread daas. I truely ejoy seeing your articles, keep up all the good work

edit on 3/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The spear of destiny would make a great Indiana jones movie.

He could find it, say in charlemagnes tomb, have it stolen by an evil nazi or soviet who wants to use it to conquer the world, and defeat him by taking away the spear.

It could end with indy taking the spear to a holy place and as being the last holder he is taken along with or without the spear to heaven by God.

He doesn't actually die so their can be another movie.

edit on 3-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Someone else here on ATS said that there are several of these spears around.

It appears this is done deliberately to discredit the fact that it points towards the truth.

The exact same thing happened with the Ark of the Covenant.

Anything and everything that proves that the Bible is truth is attacked fiercely.

The Ark of the Covenant was found in a cave 20 feet directly below the spot where Jesus was crucified. It has been one of the most fiercely attacked discoveries in history.

THE PROPHETIC TELEGRAPH No.78
"The Ark was found on 6th January 1982 but was kept secret by request of the Israeli Government. ... the whole episode has been compassed about by miracle." Link

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
Another great thread daas. I truely ejoy seeing your articles, keep up all the good work

edit on 3/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Thanks heaps mate!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and his zimmer frame"

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A very interesting thread indeed.To echo Murgatroid's post I believe there are four spears that are claimed to be the original one that the centurion used on Jesus but this one is the generally accepted to be the original one (or at least the one that's been owned by the infamous and historic,whether it wart at the crucifiction is unlikely).

Also isn't there a belief the genuine one is now in America.That the US Army gave back a fake and kept the 'genuine' spear ??

S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Great thread OP... this stuff has always been a curiosity to me!

There may be a spear of destiny, but I have NO idea why a spear tip .. or a whole one for that matter..would be a relic of power any more than a cup. Im not bashing here, but there is a magical thinking issue that keeps up the fakeries and fraudulent relics and holy items. A bone of a saint, a tooth of baby jesus.. why would any of these things be magical or hold power?? IMO they wouldnt. Hitler was wild about power objects but found a bunch of fakes.... Its just all so strange.

Anyway, just to add to the mystery... and not as a previous poster stated that it is to deliberately point away from a real object with some sort of power.. its a matter of great commerce and keeping a simple populace interested in buying a chunk of it or a piece of cloth that touched it.. depending on what degree of relic whatever church is peddling.. and a nice reliquary to house it in. I collect many thing, one being relics in reliquaries. The idea that a piece of a napkin that touched the body of a dead saint ( some even were NOT saints.. which is another fraud altogether) is pretty curious to me. My personal favorite is a bone.. supposed to be a finger bone.. of St Benedict. Looks very much like a cat foreleg bone frag.. But it has a COA.. go figure.

There seems to have been enough milk of the Virgin -- some of it was still exhibited in Spanish churches in the nineteenth century -- preserved in Europe to feed a few calves.
There was hair enough to make a mattress.
There were sufficient pieces of "the true cross" to make a boat [as Protestant reformer Calvin had remarked].
There were teeth of Christ enough to outfit a dentist (one monastery, at Charroux, had the complete set.)
There were so many sets of baby-linen of the infant Jesus, in Italy, France and Spain, that one could have opened a shop with them.
One of the greatest churches in Rome had Christ's manger-cradle.
Seven churches had his authentic umbilical cord,
and a number of churches had his foreskin (removed at circumcision and kept as a souvenir by Mary).

One church had the miraculous imprint of his little bottom on a stone on which he had sat.
Mary herself had left enough wedding rings, shoes, stockings, shirts, girdles, etc., to fill a museum.
You can, if you are good, see one of her shifts still in Chartres cathedral; though in this coarser age of ours it is called a "veil."
One church had Aaron's rod.
Six churches had the six heads cut off John the Baptist ...

Fragments of 'the true cross', pieces of saints' bodies, still-wet tears shed by Jesus, barbs from the Crown of Thorns,
Mary's undergarments - such were treasured in jewelled cases in every major church.
A ruler of Saxony proudly possessed 17,000 relics, including a branch from Moses' burning bush and a feather from the wings of the Angel Gabriel.
Canterbury Cathedral displayed part of the clay left over after God fashioned Adam.
Historian Charles Mackay said Spanish churches had six or seven thighbones of the Virgin Mary, and others had enough of St Peter's toenails to fill a sack.
Voltaire noted that six sacred foreskins were snipped from Jesus at his circumcision; later researchers counted fifteen

Im not talking about just fakes.. Im talking about fakes condoned and passed off as real by the church..

I particularly love the peacock feather passed off by the church as a feather from the wing of Gabriel.

news.discovery.com...
www.chicagotribune.com...
forums.catholic.com...
freetruth.50webs.org...
Pope benedict doesnt care much if they are fakes or not..
www.catholicherald.co.uk...
However something being fake is real important .. sometimes.
www.nytimes.com...

The list just goes on and on. Its fascinating really.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
A very interesting thread indeed.

Thanks!

To echo Murgatroid's post I believe there are four spears that are claimed to be the original one that the centurion used on Jesus but this one is the generally accepted to be the original one (or at least the one that's been owned by the infamous and historic,whether it wart at the crucifiction is unlikely).

Yes you are correct! There are four. The two main ones are the Spear from Vienna and the spear residing in the Vatican. Considering the Vatican won't release anything about their spear, the spear from Vienna is the best candidate...

The spear from Vienna also has a longer history than most of its counterparts, so that makes it all the more interesting.

Also isn't there a belief the genuine one is now in America.That the US Army gave back a fake and kept the 'genuine' spear ??

I believe there are some theories which state that, but i am not so sure

It would be almost impossible to prove that theory.

S&F

Thanks for reading the thread!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks for reading!

Where there is interest, there is bound to be forgeries

While i don't have a particular belief in regards to these relics, i do find it odd that these powerful people had died after losing the Spear of Destiny...the most logical explanation would be that they were coincidental occurrences.

I never knew there was an alleged feather of Gabriel

Thanks for reading!

edit on 3-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Great thread again!

There's a series of fictional books by Karen Moning. These books deal with Scottish folklore and the realm of the fae (fairy). One of the fae's greatest treasures is the Spear of Destiny. Now I'm curious...did Moning just add that little touch, or is the Spear part of the folklore?

Hmmmmm......

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I watched the same TV show the other night, it was interesting. What new do you have to add.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wanted: I will pay competitive prices for any of the following relics.

1) blue belly button lint from Jesus.

2) petrified placenta from the Virgin Mary.

3) gray hair from Moses beard &/or arm pit.

4) the droppings of the dove that Noah released from the Ark.

5) petrified fecal matter from the lions in the pit with David.

6) pope ratzinger's Hitler Youth knife from his service in the Nazi regime.

All sellers will remain confidential. Please u2u me for further info.

Serious Inquiries only!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The Book by Trevor Ravenscroft was by far the best I've read on the subject.

Amazon

First hand accounts as well as historical perspective and a delve into the mind of Adolf Hitler in regards to ancient Talismans. Holy Grail, The Third Reich, and the devil himself all play a part. It was one of those page turners that I couldn't put down.

And on which a lot of modern BS about it is based.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
Wanted: I will pay competitive prices for any of the following relics.

1) blue belly button lint from Jesus.

2) petrified placenta from the Virgin Mary.

3) gray hair from Moses beard &/or arm pit.

4) the droppings of the dove that Noah released from the Ark.

5) petrified fecal matter from the lions in the pit with David.

6) pope ratzinger's Hitler Youth knife from his service in the Nazi regime.

All sellers will remain confidential. Please u2u me for further info.

Serious Inquiries only!!!

Serious, huh? I if sent you any of those from my private collection you would just use them in witch craft.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
wow...so after all the jews got everything back from Germany,well its not surprise,.......but the version of what really happend still out there....was thinking what if all of this is just lies?....paraphernalia to distract attention from something bigger??......why would somebody want spear ??...during ww2?.......STRANGE TO ME THE WHOLE DEAL,DONT ADD UP.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There was a Keanu Reeves movie that was about the Spear of Destiny called Constantine. It was surprisingly good lol. Not being religious I did not realize it was real. Thanks for the post its a very interesting subject!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Those sources make me cringe....

I dont see whats so great about this forged peice of trash. Why even pay attention to myths like these... i mean unless your major is darkage fiction.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If its been passed down generations the who is the current holder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join