It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia officials cancel classes in Narrows after website connects town with Batman movie and Newto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Virginia officials cancel classes in Narrows after website connects town with Batman movie and Newtown shooting

www.nydailynews.com

Giles County Public Schools said they reviewed the article, published on RevelationNow.net, and decided to suspend school on Wednesday as a precaution. No actual threats were received, officials said

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I guess some people are being safe than sorry. I am not saying that this evidence of anything, I just think it means people are trying to consider alternative viewpoints. If anyone else posted this, I apologize.

edit on 2-1-2013 by asinapi1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If anything, I feel, this will be used to discredit the online "conspiracy" community.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The website revelationnow that was referenced in that article has been suspended.....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

to be blunt - the online conspiracy community does a dammed good job discrediting itself

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

to be blunt - the online conspiracy community does a dammed good job discrediting itself

Agreed completely.

No one approves of censorship but self-control and self-discipline isn't censorship...it's just decency, eh?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Maybe, instead, "conspiracy" theories will go more mainstream.... Would you not send your kids to Narrows after seeing that Batman map, and the many screwy stories surrounding the Newtown shooting? Not to mention the unbelievable stories of the Aurrora shooting?

One of the "target zones", was Fort Clinton. Who really believes the MSM story behind Hillary's "illnessess" keeping her from testifying about Benghazi?

Add to that the info about the Aurrora shooter's father's ties to LIBOR, and Adam Lanza's father's ties to LIBOR.

There's just too many unseemly conincidences that even the most gov't trusting american has to stop and ask "what's this about?"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Agreed completely.

No one approves of censorship but self-control and self-discipline isn't censorship...it's just decency, eh?

Whats worse, an idiot shouting his thoughts, or censorship?
Personaly I prefer trully free speech, as for the idiots, well, I dont have to listen too them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well if there was an attack planned for this school then its probably going to be scrapped.

Everyone can call this man paranoid and if he was right we will never know.

He may have saved dozebs of childrens lives. Thank god.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It should be obvious that the movie was talking about the Verranzo-Narrows Bridge (bridging Staten Island and Brookland at "the Narrows").

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If there ever was 'something' giving away indications of the next attack, then the next attack will most definately NOW not be anywhere near or related to thus indications, if for no other reason than to discredit the suspected theory.

damn, my heard hurts now

edit on 2-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
The website revelationnow that was referenced in that article has been suspended.....

No it hasn't, I'm viewing it right now.
They probably just got overflowed with traffic after the article was published.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People can mock all they want, but if somebody had found and published the Batman / Sandy Hook connection before the shooting, and the school was closed as a result, those kids would still be alive. That is a fact.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

how long would you close the school for ??? i day , 2 ?? , 3 > 1 week , one month , forever ????

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I don't really think the time frame matters. If anyone was even thinking about attacking that school (the Narrows one), they aren't anymore, because of the headlines this made. We'll never know if something would have happened, but we know now that it for sure won't. I'm not saying for certain a tragedy was prevented. I'm saying the likelihood of a tragedy occurring was previously an unknown number X, whereas it is now a known number 0.

Have you thanked a conspiracy theorist today?
edit on 2-1-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Agreed completely.

Whats worse, an idiot shouting his thoughts, or censorship?
Personaly I prefer trully free speech, as for the idiots, well, I dont have to listen too them.

If we're talking purely hypothetical, it's hard to quantify anything here as it really changes from one topic to another being discussed.

For example, if we're talking about the Beslan School Massacre, it's a historical event by the time passed. It's removed from the vast majority, if not all membership here (never say never...because that'll be the time we find one member actually lives in Beslan. I've stopped assuming..) and at any rate, it's not an open and fresh wound to the emotions of all involved and MANY not involved. Beslan claimed the lives of 186 Children and 148 adults. It's certainly WORSE in any practical measure .... but the contextual details matter, IMO.

It still wouldn't be cool to get outrageously wild, but that is where that self control comes in not choosing to look like a total loon.

Where as topics related to CT, Aurora and whatever else may come? They are close, immediate to members here and ...as this story shows.... VERY possible to have real world effects by ignorant and baseless speculation.

The linked article here is an outstanding example of where "dumb" meets real world action taken.... (from article)

According to the article, the name “Sandy Hook” is referenced on a map in “The Dark Knight Rises,” the same movie that was showing when suspected gunman James Holmes killed 12 people and injured 58 others at an Aurora, Colo., theater last July.

On Dec. 14, another gunman, Adam Lanza, rushed into Newtown’s Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 26 people and then himself.

The article says “Narrows” is another “strike zone” referenced in a map in the Batman movie.

Now I hate to point this out, but it's true to my recollection.....We've actually SEEN a thread or two making almost that same type of connections and linkage with nothing but the broadest speculation. What authorities did here may have been an over-reaction ... but the fact they did it tells me the need for policing ourselves until the raw open wounds at least close a bit is all the more important. Actual SCHOOLS CLOSED over a bloggers pure speculation? Indeed... This incident would seem to carry several things that causes it to stand in a category....perhaps not unique....but certainly with few equals. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by asinapi1

Interesting. I would guess that they are doing that because of liability issues. meaning, someone sees what they think is a connection between one shooting and the movie, so some people look for more. They publish on another town they think is connected to the movie. Some nut sees this, decides to cash in on the infamy, and hit that place. If the schools there knew of the offered possibility, and did nothing, then something happened, you can bet someone would file a lawsuit, blaming them.
edit on 3-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Rightfully so.Hopefully some of you will read that article and realize how ridiculous some of your "theories" are.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The article kind of leaves an important part of the story out. There is a bit more to it than "lets just close school because of batman".

www.nydailynews.com...
Millirons, who was joined by Narrows Police Chief Bentley Ratcliffe at the news conference, said that today is a teacher work day so that teachers and administrators can be briefed about the article. Students are now scheduled to return to classes Thursday.

It was only being closed for a day so teachers can be educated about school shootings. I think the whole batman connection thing is stupid personally. I mean in the superman movie they show the WTC and latter it was destroyed. But I think every school should do this for the staff once a year.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Obviously, you people haven't looked into the whole conspiracy yet. If I had a child in that school, there is no way I'd send him. Look at the Aurrora shooting, the map, and then decide.

TPTB are playing a game. My child would not be subject to their satanic whims, if I could help it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join