It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Bill to Ban all Modern Firearms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

Senate President John Cullerton is attempting to ban all "assault" weapons even though the rumor is it will include just about everything we can imagine. I can not believe how unconstitutional this is. I have spent 4 years in the infantry...defending it and defending free speech so people can gather here and debate some of the most difficult topics. I currently work as a police officer and have been for almost 10 years and I am upset that my state is actually considering this.

I can assure you I would not enforce this law...I can also assure that if ordered I would simply resign. I am looking for other careers as I type this. I have worked on SWAT as a sniper and had a very prestigious career. It saddens me to think that Im not the only officer who feels this way and if something like passes...the public will lose many good officers.

Im not a huge conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but how can someone think this is acceptable? It feels like they are literally taking our guns before the economic collapse.

Highly frustrated with Illinois right now. As always...share your thoughts please...am I the one who is crazy in all this? And how to other officers feel about this if any are out there? PM me if you prefer and don't want your statements public.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

So you would be ok with your state losing a good officer?I wouldn't be. We need more like you that use that brain in their heads.

Looks like a perfect opportunity for you to work within the system.

Taking your ball and leaving will accomplish nothing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

I absolutely disagree. No man of conscience should continue to work for such an organization. Maybe he should move to Texas where someone of his moral fiber would be respected?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

How will Illinois be "safer"?

Only criminals will have weapons if there is a ban.

*shakes head*

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

things like this would be hard. as it seams when people speak the opinion specialy officers of the law they tend to get ignored and if they yell and scream they get silenced. and the OP is right they are trying to get rid of the little problem that all us slaves still got and can get pop guns. also OP is right that law enforcement will loose honest people who got the job to be PUBLIC SERVENTS. eff this man. as much as i wanna belive i live in a free sountry they are making that change slowly and surly.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

How will Illinois be "safer"?

Only criminals will have weapons if there is a ban.

*shakes head*

Criminals and politicians. Wait, I just repeated myself.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I understand your position.

I just think he might as well use his position do do the good that he is able to.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sad to see happening, even just as a 'bill'.
I would hope that the ones in offices dont push
things like this through, it will only end in a split of
the country, or a war.

I am glad i live in a very gun friendly state.
Something like this passing here has no chance.

BTW OP , thank you for your service, but if it passes in
your state, i am sure there are many other states that
would love to have someone like you work for them.

edit on 2-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The most frustrating part is that I physically could not make myself take someone's gun for no reason. It almost makes me want to vomit when I think of actually doing it. I have seen my fair share of gray area law and dirty tactics to increase revenue with certain laws, but this is unconstitutional plain and simple. Man....I think im selling all my assets and living in the woods lol...F*ck it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How do you define what is a "Modern Firearm". I'm curious about its definition.

Is a mosin nagant a "modern firearm"? The MP40? The B.A.R or the M1 Garand? An MG42? The STG45? Because if its not... its fine by me, those have proven to do their job pretty damn good. I would settle for one of those plus small game already gets tenderized when you use a mosin nagant...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Illinois is so far behind the times its pathetic. I know, I used to live there. They are the last state to hold out on concealed carry and they restrict the crap out of the average citizen from owning a gun. But its working out well. Look at Chitcago......

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a suggestion to cops/law enforcement military people who are sick of working for the wrong side. START YOUR OWN SIDE. thats they key element missing in a safe and some what bloodless revoulition in this country. people who work in the system who come out and remove themselves from this pervers version of a goverment and present themselves in the way are forefathers did with the british.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I absolutely disagree. No man of conscience should continue to work for such an organization. Maybe he should move to Texas where someone of his moral fiber would be respected?

That's a real mixed thing to me. You make a good point about conscience but so does the post above yours. Which is really better? To fight from inside where quite a bit may be done, albeit at personal risk .... or fight from the outside with everyone else and be fighting 100% to accomplish even the smallest thing? I'm not sure, honestly. how I'd choose if put in the position.

It isn't about capitulating and giving in as much as simply asking......inside or outside? Which is the better fighting position?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I moved to Illinois one year ago from, well you'll never guess. TEXAS BABY! we had every gun under the sun. This sickens me because I was an avid long range shooter, thus I had many high powered long range assault rifles. If this were to pass... Well, I don't know what would happen other than mass frustration and anger. SAVE THE STATES AND THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

honestly i really do think what i said needs to happen. a mature and adult "line in the sand" and thats that. i honestly had enough of this crap where they slowly cut are freedom to peices and there are scapegoats and all this doubble speak and 1984/brave new world #. its not for me and i know there are legions of people around the world who want it to stop

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

I have my line in the sand, do you have yours?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
How do you define what is a "Modern Firearm". I'm curious about its definition.

Is a mosin nagant a "modern firearm"? The MP40? The B.A.R or the M1 Garand? An MG42? The STG45? Because if its not... its fine by me, those have proven to do their job pretty damn good. I would settle for one of those plus small game already gets tenderized when you use a mosin nagant...

Modern firearm = Not A Flint Lock?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

every day boss man! every day!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I was thinking the same thing but couldn't find a witty way to display it! Well put haha....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes. It looks like we both stand behind the same line!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join