It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle/Garter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Around the edge of the British pound coin is engraved " Nemo me impune lacessit " which in Latin reads "No one provokes me with impunity" alternatively as "No one can harm me unpunished"

This is the motto of The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle which is the highest order of chivalry in Scotland. The English equivalent is The Most Noble Order of the Garter.

Her majesty the Queen is the head of both these orders and unlike other accolades which may be bestowed by the British government it is the queen only who can award membership into these chivalric orders.

If one is to talk about secret society's that have power is this not the jewel in the crown, what teachings might its members be privy to?

edit on 2-1-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
lmao so since her and her family and all that worship her and carry out her evil deeds and protect her family from getting into trouble.. I guess they aren't so noble after all.

That is like saying obama is leading the noble army of america... right

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
lmao so since her and her family and all that worship her and carry out her evil deeds and protect her family from getting into trouble.. I guess they aren't so noble after all.

That is like saying obama is leading the noble army of america... right

Someone pulled the strings for Obama, lets not forget he appeared from nowhere and was the first person in history to be awarded the Nobel peace prize for doing nothing

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As it stands these days no action that merits chivalry has ever been committed from any member of this order.
It is just another rich Sunday club.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
noble murderer of women and children, as well as the murder of america.. He is putting the nails in the coffin that has been built over the last 40 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

S&F for bring something to light i was unaware of

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
noble murderer of women and children, as well as the murder of america.. He is putting the nails in the coffin that has been built over the last 40 years.

You guys voted for him...again! or should we say that there is a group of people (a very large group!) who never voted in their lives but when Obama appeared on the scene they came out in droves and this was know in advance by those who setup such things

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I didnt and wouldnt have voted for him if i had been given the choice I would vote ron paul... I cant vote becaue I am a felon I made a mistake so for the rest of my life I get no say what happens in the country although I have to live here also ironically.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well that photo of Charles and son immediately brings to mind the fearless belle Scarlett O'Hara who in order to save her beloved Tara, made clothes from old dining room drapes. Now pray tell, just what chivalrous act made Charles and offspring resort to wearing drapery tiebacks and tassels?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Being of royal blood was all they needed to do to become a member but have you ever seen them wearing their military badges
enough metal there to sink a boat...did they do anything to deserve it...again obviously not.

One thing that REALLY surprises me though is that charlie allowed his son to marry a common person with no royal blood, there is noway that would have been allowed in antiquity!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ANCIENT NOBLE KEEPERS OF PEACE NOT WAR. TO BE FEEL RICH IS TO BE AT PEACE WITH THE UNIVERSAL WORLD & NOT ALLOW WORDS OF LIES TO SINK YOU  DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF FEELING MERE.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Order of the Garter is not a secret society and does not espouse esoteric wisdom of any sort. It is nothing more than a "club" for British nobility and has been for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's definitely the sauciest sounding society.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"Honi soit qui mal y pense."
"Shame on him who thinks evil of it."

top topics

join