It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois State Senate TryingG To Ram New Gun Ban Through Lame Duck Session

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My solution would be for them to offer a substantial cash reward, for any information leading to the confiscation and arrest of any current illegal weapons, held by criminals and gang-bangers...Then they can leave law-abiding citizens alone!

But we know that won't happen....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
I propose a bill that strongly penalizes any house or senate representative, up to & including jail time & forfeiture of assets, that submits a blatantly frivolous & unconstitutional bill for review and a vote.

That's just it. They don't have to know the first thing about the law, or what is constitutional or not...
That's why they have legal committees, to adjust the wording, so that the bill will pass muster...

They only know how to legally vote themselves' raises...That's all!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
From my cold dead hands.

Our local sheriff supports concealed carry,and I cannot see him sending his men to their deaths to collect our guns because some loon in Chicago says to. This has become quite the conversation piece here, and the most common phrase I'm hearing is "come take it." No, I don't think that they are saying come take them peacefully

My wife thinks I nuts,, but I've already made my plans and set up everything that I can to prepare. If they come for mine, I WILL make the news,

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, looks like a quick trip to Ky is in order. I don't think this will pass, it's political suicide, but if it does, all my guns are going out of state. My mom still lives in Ky and I'll take all mine to her house till we get moved. Even if this were to pass, it would be challenged as unconstitutional. Which it is. A state can't take our guns, it would have to be a change to the Constitution itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
WHEN THEY OUTLAW OUR GUNS........THEN ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE THEM. look out chicago the real possie will be comming to town "THE ILLINOIS REDNECK" and they play better games Illinois lawmakers beware your time in office is severly limited should this bill pass. Your protection (police, and military) will not stand for this attack againt the 2nd amendment how you gonna handle the raging rednecks of your state???

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
In chicago let the law makers go clean up the messes from all those shootings the police officers take a couple days off then maybe those that make the laws in Illinois will have to get dirty cleaning up their own messes. To all you Illinois law makers from quinn on down......"TAKE A WEAPON AND STAND A POST"
All of you are the BEST definition of "the protected have no clue of the price tag that is payed by others that keep you protected" until you stand a post you have no clue of whats really going on. Illinois law makers enjoy the protection of the law within arms reach....what about your citizens that YOU took an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States of America....YOU ARE FAILING AND NEED TO STEP DOWN....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't understand how gun control is so prevalent in Illinois honestly. I met more country-folk in Illinois than I have in Dallas. I'm really surprised that the urban center, Chicago, is enough to over-rule everyone else in the entire state.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There will be no gun ban the court said they will HAVE to issue concealed carry permits.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I don't understand how gun control is so prevalent in Illinois honestly. I met more country-folk in Illinois than I have in Dallas. I'm really surprised that the urban center, Chicago, is enough to over-rule everyone else in the entire state.

Just as Boston runs all of MA, Seattle runs most of WA, Portland most of OR, NYC all of NY, Concord and points South are beginning to overtake all of NH....

Population density runs states via mob rule and where populations are dense people are, well, dense.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
IL Bills Pulled

The latest from the NRA’s Todd Vandermyde: it appears that Democrats in the Illinois legislature who have been try to railroad two gun control measures have pulled their bills. Translation: they counted heads and didn’t have the votes.
link

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But it seems temporary....This from the article:

We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future.

In other words, they need some time to find the right "leverage" to prompt a more bipartisan support...LOL

SSDD....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

They'll never stop. It's a crusade for some to oppress others.

They'll never stop attacking so we can never stop defending.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But it seems temporary....This from the article:

We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future.

In other words, they need some time to find the right "leverage" to prompt a more bipartisan support...LOL

SSDD....

They're just going to wait for the next mass shooting event, and strike then. Or a false flag somewhere.

ALl depends really. It's a matter of time before they try this again.

I just thank God right now that this Bill has been put off/delayed...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

I can't remember offhand what year it was for, it was within the past 5 or 6 years, but the population for C(r)ook county alone was said to be about 40% of the state's population. Typically I40 and up is considered "Chicago" by downstate. A few years ago some people were complaining about wanting everything above I40 to break away and become the state of Chicago since central and south Illinois are a lot different than up north. As the member above stated it's the population dense parts of state's that turn the rest of a state into a nasty mess.

If there were a way to arrange things so that population centers couldn't damage the rural parts of a state with their urban centered policies that would be ideal. No idea how that could be done and honestly the urban centers would never go for it, some of them are smart enough to realize if they didn't have the ability to leech off the rural communities they wouldn't have money to fuel their pet projects.

Also wanted to add if you talk to someone and ask "Where are you from?"
If they are from Central or South Illinois they will say "Illinois"
If they are from Chicago they will say "Chicago" not Illinois.
This has worked for every single person I have ever met that is from Chicago, they will never say Illinois. There may be some exceptions out there, but I have yet to meet them.
It makes me think they have more loyalty to the city than the state. It's not necessarily bad I suppose (except for the part where I always associate Chicago with corruption) .... it's just sort of odd to me. I admire Texans, they LOVE their state.

edit on 3-1-2013 by FaithandArms because: Adding an observation

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FaithandArms

If there were a way to arrange things so that population centers couldn't damage the rural parts of a state with their urban centered policies that would be ideal. No idea how that could be done and honestly the urban centers would never go for it, some of them are smart enough to realize if they didn't have the ability to leech off the rural communities they wouldn't have money to fuel their pet projects.

This is exactly it! This is what I've been saying for years...
The Media tries to convince everyone that it's left ideologies against right. But it's much more about the divide between urban and rural lifestyles.
I believe this is why companies like Monsanto have been quietly buying up and taking over, as much farmland as they can. They know that we, out in the country, could hold them ALL hostage if and when we've had enough of their disconnected logic....

The real world, involves man against nature! Not all of the turmoil and grief that is found in big city life.

Genuine perspective still resides in the man who sees the dawn of a new day, from the seat of his tractor. Not from the seat of his Hyundai, while stuck in the morning rush hour...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Good point, I hadn't really thought of it in that light.
I could definitely see how policies, especially gun related ones, could play upon that difference..

Guns are a tool in the rural areas. In the cities I guess it depends on if you live in a good part or a bad part of town that would change your feelings on guns and how they are used. One of my grandmothers is city all the way and she is scared of guns. I can't even show her any of mine, she looks away and closes her eyes.

I know the politicians aren't scared of guns, they are scared of guns in the hands of the righteously angry "We the People" that they have been stealing from and manipulating. The people in the urban areas might very well be scared of them, especially if they have never handled one in person.

The only people I see being in favor of this gun ban in Illinois is politicians, other criminals and people who are scared of inanimate objects.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is there any official update on the bill as of today? I could not find anything but only looked for a minute...Also people DO NOT give up your guns! We would regret it so very much if we did.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by johngalt722

I think everyone will start using the same excuse.

What can they do at that point other then search your entire house.

Hope you got good hiding places, not at your residence.

Discussed here.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
Illinois draconian gun laws and rights suppression on guns is one of the main reasons I left that state. You cant even buy ammo without an F.O.I.D. Thats a firearms owners Identification card for those of you who dont know. Want to carry concealed? Not going to happen unless your a cop, ex-cop or criminal. They dont give concealed carry licenses to us lowly everyday people.
Look at Chitcago. The strictest gun control laws in the nation, yet they have the most violent murder and gun crime rate. What a miserable place. Glad I left and didnt even look in the rear view mirror.

Actually, this is an attempt to circumvent ILlinois Supreme Court decision allowing concealed carry for citizens in Illinois. They have about 5 months to implement reasonable concealed carry regulations, and so they're going to do their damndest to make sure there is nothing legal to conceal. The courts will likely strike down this measure too, but it will buy them another 1-3 years of keeping the law-abiding citizenry unarmed.

I too live in Crook County, but lucky for me, I'm at least on the far edge, so I rarely pay Cook County taxes on purchases. I do pay cook co property tax, but that's cheaper than the surrounding counties. I do believe, all things considered, residents of Cook pay the highest tax rates (property, sales, excise, income, etc.) than anywhere else in the US. What a joke.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Anyone but me find it odd that conservatives rage when liberals tries to "ram" through legislation in lame duck sessions, when conservatives do the exact same thing? Look no further than Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Both sides do it, but it seems like when liberals do it, it's front page news. When it's conservatives? Never a word about it.

How much damage did the lame duck congress do after the 2006 elections, to the postal service? Plenty.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join