It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois State Senate TryingG To Ram New Gun Ban Through Lame Duck Session

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yeah, I can't argue that. Add a bounty program starting a $500 cash on the spot for information leading to the siezure of a firearm. When that starts to run out? $1,000. When that dries up? $10,000 per gun recovered from a citizen tip, Indeed, there are ways this can work by playing the greed of citizens off on each other. No door kicking as a wide spread random confiscation program necesary. Just one run at a time on citizen tips.

Honestly? I know people in my life....sadly..who would probably burn me without thinking a second time for $500. By the time it got to 10k? My own parents are about the only one's I'd trust...and only because they're "guilty" too.

If decency and American values go out the window? This can be done. That's the real sad part. Dig Dig and Bury Bury. They cannot take what isn't physically there to find. (Just don't forget HAND FULLS of silica packets for humidity mitigation in each waterproof (not water resistant) container. ...course, I only read that somewhere. I wouldn't actually know or anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That seems to be the way it would go too. The government knows they stand no chance of confiscation by force. So they'll turn us on each other. And sadly, most people will turn in their family for $500.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Time to load our mags. Don't worry; you're not alone. Start spreading the message!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by DaMod
Anyone else find it disturbing that antiques and hunting guns are on this list?

Assault weapons ban my rear end.. This is a gun grab.
edit on 2-1-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

YEah if they pass this, then it's an outright gun grab. They'll have to train ATF, sheriffs', and local police stations on gong door to door based on the registrations of Gun owner's info, and grabbing the guns one by one.

If they did it all once, I think people might rebel, but if they go door to door, one by one then I don't hink gun owner's would resist

I don't think that's entirely accurate.. The first few maybe... but once they start going door to door.. people will start talking..

They only have so many agents after all and there are a lot of doors to knock down...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If they start going door to door, a bunch of the cops doing that will disappear/not make it through the night.

And there will also be a revolt from the cops, veterans and soldiers. A lot of them are gonna defect.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
New York also has 6 Gun Control Bills pending for vote on January 9th. I started a thread on those in the Politics forum.
Basically forces registration of all centerfire and rimfire shotguns and rifles. Also speaks of curbing straw purchases based on the word of only the highschool graduate behind the counter selling the firearm. If they suspect you are a straw purchaser, dealers will be required to contact LE and will deny you the sale.

Pfft...I cannot wait, I have nothing left to lose and Im about to lose it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

A recent poll(dont ask for the link, I dont remember where I read it) suggested that 88% of the military and police would refuse the orders to confiscate weapons.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... You beat me to it...mods can delete my thread.....

I am fuming over it mate....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I propose a bill that strongly penalizes any house or senate representative, up to & including jail time & forfeiture of assets, that submits a blatantly frivolous & unconstitutional bill for review and a vote.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
New York also has 6 Gun Control Bills pending for vote on January 9th. I started a thread on those in the Politics forum.
Basically forces registration of all centerfire and rimfire shotguns and rifles. Also speaks of curbing straw purchases based on the word of only the highschool graduate behind the counter selling the firearm. If they suspect you are a straw purchaser, dealers will be required to contact LE and will deny you the sale.

Pfft...I cannot wait, I have nothing left to lose and Im about to lose it.

All guns are initially registered, including from the straw purchasers who then resell them in the black market. At least that is what I thought. I guess second hand sales go unrecorded though and this is a problem for the government.

I remember reading about gun ammunition itself getting registered and putting limits to how much one can buy. Talk about overkill. Government knows who buys the most ammo, who buys the most guns........then voter registration bill so government knows whom you vote for each election period aka national id ALREADY REAL in some countries(and guess what, it uses rfid chips).

Resist those idiots. NRA needs to step up to the plate by organising protest marches in states with tough gun laws and then a national march on washington dc itself, otherwise we will not even be able to hunt for food anymore, nevermind protecting ourselves from full blown tyranny.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For those who argue that citizens will not resist giving up their weapons if FBI (what ever alphabet gang) will be knocking on their doors, the same logic can be placed on them. How many of those FBI agents are willing to risk their life's several times to collect weapons? They also have families. I would not doubt some will resist so the same can be said about both sides. I know I would not give up my gun.. It's either die trying or live a slave.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Saltron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I find it highely obnoxious that the government always tries to pass unpopular legislation during a recess period such as christmas or summer. Speaks volumes of their surreptitious malicious intent. You have an idea, fine then put it up for vote during a normal period and let the government decide.

The irs, federal reserve, gun laws, new tax bills, etc.......all rammed during lame duck sessions!

And people are always stupid enough to vote democrat or republican. In fact they are both the same party in that one takes your money and the other takes your guns. They switch turns raping you, but the boss is the same; aka the illuminati. Vote constitution party, green party, libertarian party; if they were allowed on the debate floor you can bet things would be radically different.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. This guy just ruined his chances of reelection.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Chicago is gun crime capital of the US and I think they said 95% was with hand guns.

LOL

I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken that this new bill includes all handguns in the ban. Er, At least all handguns with a magazine and/or double action revolvers

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As a SF and Marine Vet I took an oath to uphold the constitution against all ENEMIES FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC..... an oath I took very serious as well as thousands of my brothers!! I will stand by my convictions as my forefathers did and if necessary will die by those convictions. As for those I love if I fail to stand by those convictions when things get tuff or when tyranny comes knocking at our doors then I do not deserve their respect or love. Our forefathers sacrificed everything for their beliefs and I believe me and all vets in America will do the same... for together we are strong... SEMPER FI!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by USVET
As a SF and Marine Vet I took an oath to uphold the constitution against all ENEMIES FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC..... an oath I took very serious as well as thousands of my brothers!! I will stand by my convictions as my forefathers did and if necessary will die by those convictions. As for those I love if I fail to stand by those convictions when things get tuff or when tyranny comes knocking at our doors then I do not deserve their respect or love. Our forefathers sacrificed everything for their beliefs and I believe me and all vets in America will do the same... for together we are strong... SEMPER FI!!!

Awesome!!!! I hope and pray there are more out there with this mentality, than just you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well, I guess the Big Party is going to start in Illinois. Dammit I was hoping it would be someplace warm.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

now you know why mafia chose the good ole shy town back in the day the corruption there is almost absolute and suprise suprise where is the presidents from again oh yeah chicago.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

in Chicago they have all guns banned and in 2012, there 506 deaths by guns

Didn't they overturn the gun bans a few years back? Yet murder is still high.

I think it is entirely due to demographics (way too many people and tons of minorities) and really has no connection to gun laws at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, I can't argue that. Add a bounty program starting a $500 cash on the spot for information leading to the siezure of a firearm. When that starts to run out? $1,000. When that dries up? $10,000 per gun recovered from a citizen tip, Indeed, there are ways this can work by playing the greed of citizens off on each other. No door kicking as a wide spread random confiscation program necesary. Just one run at a time on citizen tips.

I got a few buddies that would hold out, then we would agree to split that $10k and just buy from the black market, lol...bring on the cash rewards...more fuel for our fire

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join