It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Facial Warning Signs in Today's Mass Murderers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

This is just prolonged trauma. Most people who go into trauma don't go berserk and kill people. I think this article is complete and utter BS! For every Mass Murderer who displays these signs, there will be at least 1,000 other who are just trying to get through this life and having a few rounds of tough times.

Agreed....according to another article, most mass murderers are severely depressed. Well, there are millions of people who are just as depressed who will never turn to violence.

I think the article isn't trying to say that every person who displays these facial expressions are psychopathic mass murderers, but they are overstressed and overwhelmed. Hence the need for caution.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
[.. And, obviously, mine do...and pretty much always have.
So - I guess I've been waiting to snap longer than many (here) have been alive.
Thanks for the spotlight Smyleegirl...

Sorry, WanDash.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Sorry, WanDash.

No apologies!~
I WANT the spotlight - otherwise I WILL SNAP.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by svetlana84

Like you I'm wondering where she had access to these alleged mass murderers' facial features? Especially Lanza!
2nd

ganjoa

Did some further digging, here's what I found on her website::

ABOUT LIN Physiognomy, Personology, Face Reading, Body Language, and Human Behavior Lin Klaassen has earned a reputation as one of the Midwest's leading Face Readers. Setting precedents has become characteristic no matter what area of life she is applying face reading to be it corporate training, lecturers, workshops, trial consulting, life coaching, or entertaining. Her style of communication is innovative, informative, refreshingly upbeat, enthusiastic, and passionate. Lin's diversified career background as a medical office manager, salon owner, retail manager, and regional corporate manager all had one thing in common, working with the public. Her forty years of practical experience and her twelve years in private practice have given her a deep understanding of people, and how they function. Lin is a born teacher with a gift for sharing her knowledge. Her presentation style and the versatile subject of Face Reading will amaze, educate, and entertain you all at the same time. Lin gets rave reviews with groups of all ages, interest, and backgrounds . . . no wonder she is always in demand for one of her many dimensions of face reading. Don't just take our word for it, find out for yourself.

Also she posted this about facial readings:

What is Face Reading? (Commonly Called Physiognomy, Personology) Face reading is based on the observation that there is a correlation between the structures of the face and the character or personality of the person. Our total personality is a combination of genetics, nature, and nurture. Our inherited traits, major life events, and behavioral patterns etch themselves onto our face and serve as a representation of who we are. Each face is unique to its individual owner. There are fourteen bones and over one hundred muscles that go into making up the map of our face. In face reading, there are no questions asked... you cannot lie if you tried. You do not need a person's cooperation to read his or her face. A trained face reader can read a face in moments. Face reading has been statistically validated to 92% accuracy. Face reading is a significant advantage in the courtroom.

So I don't know when she saw the photos of the killers, or if she made her statements based on their published pictures. I also don't know if its a "legitimate (recognized)" science. In looking for more information, I did not find any mention of a degree associated with facial reading. So who knows.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is a dangerous and stupid article. This society is becoming dangerously close to the lynch mob mentality.

This is what happens when a society becomes paranoid and scared of it's own shadow. Millions of mindless sheep , turned criminal profilers, staring at each others faces, looking for the boogie man.

We used to judge each other by the color of our skins, now we're judging each other by the looks on our faces? The only real danger to our society, are the people who believe this nonsense. I'm all for finding and stopping potential murderers, but thanks to crap like this, I have to wander if I'M being profiled myself!

So many people are going to be harassed and treated like criminals because of this 'scientific' garbage.

So when you leave your house today, make sure your eyes are even, and there no white showing underneath them, you can find yourself surrounded by trigger happy cops and a crowd carrying pitchforks and torches.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

At the moment i have some time on my hands, so i also digged a bit deeper. It was a waste of time:

All the articles i could find about this face reading expert have the same wording.
That s her thing. telling the same BS over and over again.

there is even a TED talk with her

the worst TeDtalk i ve seen (and i have seen many).
for example: these people all have lowered eyelids, while showing a picture of 3. Asians !?

Her qualifications base on a NLP course and 20plus years experience as a 'professional face reader'.
No indications where or for who, she worked. no publications, nada.

As well the 'science' of face reading: there was something like this back in the 30ies, heavily involved in
Nazi stereotyping. After that, i don t know.

Sure you can tell peoples faces (for example in Poker), or the eye directions give away information.
but all this: he has a skinny nose, so he is... Thin lips, so sure she has.... Is in my world just judgemental BS.

EDIT: forgot to add, the point that made my day: TSA is using face reading

Now i am assured that it s legit and very important.
edit on 2-1-2013 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Yeah, the more I dig about this person the more dodgy this is starting to seem.

I believe I'll ask a mod to close this thread....I'm thinking this woman is scamming us.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, i agree, on her scamming. No need to close the thread.
Think google search her name ;-) and deny ignorance.

Anyways, i was entertained. for all those who are interested in micro-expressions and body language, watch this:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Poker players have been aware of these "tells" for a long time. Being able to detect stress in your opponent can be the difference between winning and losing.

poker.about.com...
www.poker-tells.com...

Body language and facial expressions has become a science.

I use it daily to detect BS artists and deceitful people.

edit on 2-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I had a teenage friend who decided to get contact lenses.
Freaked me out as the whites of her eyes became much more detectable. Made her look crazy.

Just saying make sure they aren't wearing contacts.

I have an inbuilt lie detector, it's called telepathy and empathy-works almost everytime. (Hubby has an uncanny ability to keep my birthday presents secret, no matter how much I search. LOL)
The kids say I have eyes in the back of my head too. LOL.

Don't delete the thread, it may help someone.

I would look into what it does show though, as Adam Lanza's body is going to be 'used' for some nefarious plot, to find some group, that have talents the Government do not want to continue.
So what does excess whites of the eyes, actually show?????

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hi smyleegrl, Hi thread,

I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of this...

Sanpaku gan or Sanpaku is a Japanese term that means “three whites” and is generally referred to in English as "Sanpaku eyes".

The term refers to the iris being rather small, so that it only covers about two-thirds or less of the vertical axis of the eye; e.g. delineate an eye into four portions; the iris would only occupy one portion of the divided four sections; thus leaving the other three in white, hence "three whites".

When the bottom of the white part of the eye, known as the sclera, is visible it is referred to as 'Yin Sanpaku' in Chinese lore.

According to the myth, it represents physical imbalance in the body and is claimed to be present in alcoholics, drug addicts and people who over consume sugar or grain. Conversely when the upper sclera is visible this is called 'Yang Sanpaku'. This is said to be an indication of mental imbalance in people such as psychotics, murderers, and anyone rageful. Stress and fatigue may also be a cause.

Yet...

There is currently no scientific evidence that supports the existence of the sanpaku eyes phenomenon. There is also no evidence to suggest that many of the listed conditions, such as the overconsumption of grain, are related to sclera visibility. Additionally, searching the term “sanpaku” does not yield any results in any mainstream psychological or medical journals.

Food for thought, anywho. I have a pretty good feeling that this stuff has been an influence on Klassen.

P.S. Since it seems to be part of the discussion; for the record, I do not agree with Klassen. I can appreciate that she feels that she is on to something, especially after a lifetime's vocation, but I have been following and practicing physiognomy (particularly hand, but also face and so on) for many years and one has to be careful with this stuff.

If I thought that everyone I saw with a 'murderer's thumb' was going to murder me, I would never leave the house.

People in America sometimes do this sort of thing with these 'sciences', especially cops.

I mean, why is Palmistry and such for 'entertainment purposes only' unless a cop is doing it.

Just my humble opinion.

P.S.S. You have to go to Google Images and type in 'Sanpaku eyes'.

Have fun.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Your post is dangerous as it completely neglects the fact that sociopaths do not feel anything, so they cannot display emotions they do not possess on their faces. Also, I, myself i have an inherent inability to control some facial or eye movements 90% of the time due to a disorder. By your definition, I am a serial-killer, but in reality, I would not hurt a fly if it shat on me. You need to be more careful of what you post as the last thing we need as a soceity is another witch-hunt. Fact of the matter is, if someone really is nuts and is going to go on a killing spree, you would not know it until it's too late unless you are a bona fide psychologist. Armchair psychologists do more harm than good in most, if not all cases.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So is the suggestion we look for this and kill these people to save many lives?

Or the very least call the cops and let them have the gun battle?

Whats the end point in this 'knowledge'? ... just run?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It starts off good with someone claiming to be an expert, talking about 144 muscles in the face...and then all this article is is about the white in someone's eyes?

Step1, Step2, Step3, Step4 - What "research" is that supposed to be?

It sounds like total bunk to me and I cant see any serious psychologist or profiler publishing such a nonsense. Seriously, no.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would want to see all of the evidence. We see one pic on that article, and no others. Unless the guy has some proof, not sure I buy it. I won't discount the idea in general though. because people do have some physical signs of what they are thinking. So, it's possible, I guess I just want more proof.

This is probably like those that claim they can read body language. It could be good to a point, but I would not want to base anything legal off of such conclusions.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
For reasons mentioned earlier and some that werent, this is quackery. Its used by the TSA.. Im not surprised since we ( US, UK, Etc) also use the joke we call the psychopath test... maybe we should go back to feeling the bumps on each others heads or phrenology to predict illness.. mental or physical. So many seem to be pretty keen on precrime prediction here.. . very odd. Tells are so far different than physiology. Behavior is so far different than body type. If given a little go ahead we will lock up the "idiot" and kill the deformed because they MIGHT be dangerous..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
If given a little go ahead we will lock up the "idiot" and kill the deformed because they MIGHT be dangerous..

On a related note I am reading some book(s) on serial killers. They also point out that MOST serial killers have various certain traits and characteristics in common. Things like abuse, problems with their parents, this and that, even some physical stuff. (An astonishing number of serial killers for example had some kind of head trauma in the past)

The problem is that while MOST serial-killers do indeed have all those factors in common, so do many "normal" people also who NEVER turn into deranged serial killers.

You cannot pick out characteristics and come to a conclusion they will turn out killers and murderers.
edit on 2-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Advantage
If given a little go ahead we will lock up the "idiot" and kill the deformed because they MIGHT be dangerous..

On a related note I am reading some book(s) on serial killers. They also point out that MOST serial killers have various certain traits and characteristics in common. Things like abuse, problems with their parents, this and that, even some physical stuff. (An astonishing number of serial killers for example had some kind of head trauma in the past)

The problem is that while MOST serial-killers do indeed have all those factors in common, so do many "normal" people also who NEVER turn into deranged serial killers.

You cannot pick out characteristics and come to a conclusion they will turn out killers and murderers.
edit on 2-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Then there is a book you MUST read. Written by the same guy who wrote The Men Who Stare At Goats... Its called The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry. Its by Jon Ronson. Youll LOVE this book
Gives you a nice view of nonsense "experts" and their testing/methods similar to the one in the op.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
I'm more concerned with the very obvious signs of gray-hybridization that's going on in several folks; Adam Lanza in some pics has the classic tiny chin, mottled facial features, and almost hydroencephalitic shaped head (Huge round dome on top, pointing down to a tiny chin) of a classic gray hybrid.

You'll see this facial type being more aggressively used now in many runway models, for example, as a way to get this type of feature to appear "normal" to us - but it's far from normal. (Not the curvy Victoria's secret models; look at real catalogue and runway models from Europe to see what I mean.)

The grays (the negative ones) have a hivemind quality to them; and it's my impression that this breeding stuff is part of the continual effort to get humanity to move in more of a mindless lockstep, getting them hooked into a mindless hive mind, so that they're not questioning, so that they become incapable of independent thought and they're no longer in touch with spiritual sovereignty and individual creativity; as part of the grays seeking more influence and control here. Just one of many nasty species, though, playing games with humanity; they are limited in their power for the most part because no matter how many abductions, egg implantations, etc. they do to try to create hybrids, the vast majority of the seven billion folks here fortunately STILL have functioning empathy/heart energy and some semblance of individual rationality, creativity, and passion.

PS: There are many ongoing problems with getting these hybrids to function properly in society; many are on the severe mentally disabled spectrum and sometimes on the autistic spectrum; imagine being genetically wired to plug into a "collective" but you're often psychically plugging into the collective of HUMANITY which is all undisciplined, unbridled, frequently emotionally violent energy; no wonder some of these kids and adults shut down and don't function well in the outer world. They're wired for a much more passive and quiet type of hivemind society like the grays have; being linked that way to humans is, well, talk about SHEER OVERLOAD!

PPS: I've worked with some hybrid children who are autistic and been able to hopefully help them a LITTLE bit with coming out of their severe disassociation; but life is tough for them. They respond really well to the arts, to music and art therapy/color play in particular. It's a safe realm for them.

edit on 2-1-2013 by LipstickMystic because: spelling

edit on 2-1-2013 by LipstickMystic because: grammar

So...attractive people and kids who don't fit into the public school system mold are alien/human hybrids? Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Damn,I'll need to read this again.My eyes are dry and I need to rub them

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join