It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Facial Warning Signs in Today's Mass Murderers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Found this
interesting article. According to Lin Klaasssen, a 20 year veteran expert in facial reading, there are warning signs in the facial features of people who are ready to snap.

Klaassen uses the "science" of Western face-reading.

Based on developed facial features from 144 muscles and 14 bones, the science originated more than 3,000 years ago. It encompasses messages given by eyebrows, eyes, noses, ears, cheeks, chins, mouths, foreheads and other characteristics above the neck.

According to Klaassen, there are four stages of stress that a person's facial expression will display.

“There are stages of stress that people can’t help but transmit in facial features,” she said. “By recognizing those, people stand a better chance of not falling victim to those who have them.” For instance, there are four very predictable stages of mental stress visible in the eyes, she adds. The eyes react to stress hormones that enter the bloodstream and they — and the skin — show it first.

Stage One: The person will be seen rubbing their eyes, which take on a glassy look. A person in this state is shutting down emotionally. Additionally, their skin may become dry.

Stage Two: (drug users will show this stage): eyes are uneven, because the brain's hemispheres are not in synch. One eye will show white under the iris. Persons in this state should not operate machinery or drive, since their depth perception will be off.

Stage Three: White can be seen under both irises, and the person seems out of it.

Unresolved stress has become an everyday event for this person and has manifested itself physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually. Anything can set him off because he is already at the end of his rope and very likely to act in outrage.

Stage Four: This is the final stage.

it’s not a matter of if there will be an explosion — it’s a matter of how soon. The iris is totally surrounded by white and the pupils are not related in size. Such a person is totally unconnected mentally. “Be careful,” Klaassen said. “This person may not be aware of his actions and may be going into shock after a catastrophic event, or be under the influence of dangerous drugs. Do not just walk away from him — run!”

Klaassen goes on to indicate that several of the latest mass murderers displayed the above facial warning signs.

So, ATS, what do you think? Is this a legitimate science, or not? For myself, I think there's something to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've been trying to argue this point for a while. Didn't have any science to back it until now
Thanks for bringing this knowledge.

And S&F.

Because your awesome

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There may be something to it. It sounds very plausible. I prefer to read body language though. Its something I was taught in the military and its a pretty good science. Besides, I dont have to get up close to some crazy person to read their body language. lol

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Definitely something to it but equally recreational drugs can also cause the same / similar effects so i guess the challenge is to distinguish which is which - and that may not be so easy by visual recognition alone.

Besides which, i do not like the fact that it could lead people to being stopped by the authorities purely because of how they look. For every example where this would help the authorities, there would be a myriad of people who were wrongly caught up. Do we need to give the authorities any more excuse?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is what is being described here, perhaps, also known as Senpaku eyes? It is also referred to as the three sided whites of the eyes. Some time ago I read about the condition, and the association with it indicating the person was under great stress, and may become violent. After reading your post, I googled looking for the term and info again, and found that it has now more recently been described as indicating the person displaying it is in great danger from others, and the condition arises from increased adrenal gland activity, or fight or flight syndrome.

Interesting, your thread, and that info, nonetheless. Obviously our bodies have a language of their own. Emotion is not only a feeling we perceive through our bodies, but it arises out of physiological affects due to our perceptions, again related to our physical interpretation of our environment. IE, when most animals smell smoke, it sets off a chemical cascade in the brain which causes an adrenal rush, because fire is a danger to animals living in the wild.

To take that a step further, when we perceive threat to ourselves, our bodies and minds have a higher alert status, let's say, and we are geared to act in a protective way that may include being violent as a way to survive the perceived threat. This is why paranoia is considered to be a dangerous condition. The perception of threat is heightened unnecessarily, and therefore, the behavior of the individual may become violent protectively when protection is not needed, as there is no real threat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Excellent point about the authorities.

I think a lot of this, along with body language, is instinctual. Hence the random person on the street who "gives us the creeps" just because of their posture or facial mannerisms.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I've been trying to argue this point for a while. Didn't have any science to back it until now
Thanks for bringing this knowledge.

And S&F.

Because your awesome

You just made my day!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
un fortunaely, successfull serial killers have developed technology to thwart detection...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Now that was hilarious!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is an actual science behind looking crazy, deranged, or insane!?

Even though each person is different in how they look and act, this this theory is very plausible. I don't think it's a predictor of what someone will do in the future, but how they are feeling at that point in time.

This was a very interesting read. Great find!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
don't mean to bomb your thread OP , just pointing some stuff.

“This is what the TSA uses, and it is also very helpful in many areas,”

hey, if it's good enough for them?

At least three recent mass murderers’ appearances bear out Klaassen’s claims: Newtown’s Adam Lanza, Denver’s Batman theatre killer James Holmes and Jared Loughner of the Gabby Giffords’ shopping center attack in Tucson.

the 'verdict is not in' on the guilt of at least 2 of these parties.

Such tips can be helpful in other capacities, too. Avoid confrontation if shopping where a clerk’s eyes look like this, at a family gathering with a wild-eyed relative, or during a public event marred by an equally telling interloper. Learn to know the signs; be observant and act accordingly, she says.

that sounds like suggestive mind control to my mind.

let's call this study for what it is ... b.s. psy ops.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nice thread - apart from t'he sunglasses scenario aha.

Don't forget ways to detect a patsy -

Eyes glazed over as though in a daze.
Swaying or sleepyness from sedation/mind altering drugs
Memory loss
Confusion
Helplessness
Vanishing witnesses

edit on 2-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

You just described the theater shooter in Aurora to a tee. How odd.....

link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
don't mean to bomb your thread OP , just pointing some stuff.

“This is what the TSA uses, and it is also very helpful in many areas,”

hey, if it's good enough for them?

At least three recent mass murderers’ appearances bear out Klaassen’s claims: Newtown’s Adam Lanza, Denver’s Batman theatre killer James Holmes and Jared Loughner of the Gabby Giffords’ shopping center attack in Tucson.

the 'verdict is not in' on the guilt of at least 2 of these parties.

Such tips can be helpful in other capacities, too. Avoid confrontation if shopping where a clerk’s eyes look like this, at a family gathering with a wild-eyed relative, or during a public event marred by an equally telling interloper. Learn to know the signs; be observant and act accordingly, she says.

that sounds like suggestive mind control to my mind.

let's call this study for what it is ... b.s. psy ops.

I disagree. I realize the problems, as you've pointed out, but I don't think this is psy ops. Just my thoughts, though.

link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
un fortunaely, successfull serial killers have developed technology to thwart detection...

I think this information is theorized more for people about to go on a rampage, whether just yelling at everyone or using a weapon. Hence, serial killers wouldn't display the stress signs mentioned. Although the Ramirez pic was funny.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't know if my eyes ever became white, but do know that prolonged stress causes the body to break down, and one of the outcomes for many individuals becomes a sensitivity to light and noise. The sympathetic nervous system will become dominant at the alarm phase, until the parasympathetic nervous system takes control in the burnout phase.

This is just prolonged trauma. Most people who go into trauma don't go berserk and kill people. I think this article is complete and utter BS! For every Mass Murderer who displays these signs, there will be at least 1,000 other who are just trying to get through this life and having a few rounds of tough times.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
...Stage Three: White can be seen under both irises, and the person seems out of it.

Unresolved stress has become an everyday event for this person and has manifested itself physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually. Anything can set him off because he is already at the end of his rope and very likely to act in outrage.

Better come get me now.
I applied for a job MANY moons ago, where the person in charge of hiring took me out of the normal course of interviewing...and began to question me regarding certain physical & facial features.
This person had tenured many years as a Professor of Psychology at a nearby University, and let me know that numerous books and studies on the subject had concluded that "mass murderers"/"serial killers" possessed some common physiological characteristics...one of which regarded the whites showing below the irises... And, obviously, mine do...and pretty much always have.
So - I guess I've been waiting to snap longer than many (here) have been alive.
Thanks for the spotlight Smyleegirl...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Interesting article, but it seems a bit of a stretch.

All described symptoms can be seen in many persons, under stress, under the influence of substances, when sleep deprivated, when physically exhausted (check out marathon runners...)

So, yes there are signs, tht something is off, and off course you can see if a person is stressed or not.
But i (and many other people) have these exacts symptoms and do not go on a killing spree.

A bit odd:

James holmes: we only have pictures of him in the court, where he seems to be drugged up, he does look like somebody who should get some sleep, and not like the typical psychokilller.

Lanza: no pictures after 2010, no 'after' picture, plus he was allegedly wearing a mask - so how the heck you want to draw concousions?

Jared Lee loughner: well, that s a point. In the official mugshot his eyes look strange, but even iris, no white can be seen....
besides, 3 people who alledgedly match the symptoms is hardly scientific, but surprise, the lady is giving a course on the subject!
edit on 2-1-2013 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm more concerned with the very obvious signs of gray-hybridization that's going on in several folks; Adam Lanza in some pics has the classic tiny chin, mottled facial features, and almost hydroencephalitic shaped head (Huge round dome on top, pointing down to a tiny chin) of a classic gray hybrid.

You'll see this facial type being more aggressively used now in many runway models, for example, as a way to get this type of feature to appear "normal" to us - but it's far from normal. (Not the curvy Victoria's secret models; look at real catalogue and runway models from Europe to see what I mean.)

The grays (the negative ones) have a hivemind quality to them; and it's my impression that this breeding stuff is part of the continual effort to get humanity to move in more of a mindless lockstep, getting them hooked into a mindless hive mind, so that they're not questioning, so that they become incapable of independent thought and they're no longer in touch with spiritual sovereignty and individual creativity; as part of the grays seeking more influence and control here. Just one of many nasty species, though, playing games with humanity; they are limited in their power for the most part because no matter how many abductions, egg implantations, etc. they do to try to create hybrids, the vast majority of the seven billion folks here fortunately STILL have functioning empathy/heart energy and some semblance of individual rationality, creativity, and passion.

PS: There are many ongoing problems with getting these hybrids to function properly in society; many are on the severe mentally disabled spectrum and sometimes on the autistic spectrum; imagine being genetically wired to plug into a "collective" but you're often psychically plugging into the collective of HUMANITY which is all undisciplined, unbridled, frequently emotionally violent energy; no wonder some of these kids and adults shut down and don't function well in the outer world. They're wired for a much more passive and quiet type of hivemind society like the grays have; being linked that way to humans is, well, talk about SHEER OVERLOAD!

PPS: I've worked with some hybrid children who are autistic and been able to hopefully help them a LITTLE bit with coming out of their severe disassociation; but life is tough for them. They respond really well to the arts, to music and art therapy/color play in particular. It's a safe realm for them.

edit on 2-1-2013 by LipstickMystic because: spelling

edit on 2-1-2013 by LipstickMystic because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Like you I'm wondering where she had access to these alleged mass murderers' facial features? Especially Lanza!
2nd

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join