It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Please read what you just wrote very carefully; it suggests where you can start to change your world for the better.

How? By deciding the OP is right? Sorry, that won't happen. I have already explained why numerous times in this thread. Go back and read my posts. Read them carefully, and try to see from my point of view. OP's point of view is repulsive. He's just picking fights.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How? By deciding the OP is right? Sorry, that won't happen. I have already explained why numerous times in this thread. Go back and read my posts. Read them carefully, and try to see from my point of view. OP's point of view is repulsive. He's just picking fights.

I do not approve of the OP's schadenfreud, but why can't you see that you're the one who started and are prolonging the fight? Unless you learn to let go of your anger and self loathing, you will never see the peace that can be found in this world, even as it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Unless you learn to let go of your anger and self loathing, you will never see the peace that can be found in this world, even as it is.

Self-loathing? According to what? Looking on my life these past few days, 'self-loathing' is wayyyyy off the mark. I'm enjoying life, but I know there's thousands of people who would kill for my life because they're going through hell right now. I'd like for them to enjoy existence on this planet as much as I'm enjoying mine. As matters stand, that won't be happening any time soon. That is what disappoints me about this thread - the lack of recognition and appreciation for the number of opportunities for this revolution to happen, but no one sees the need to kickstart it.

It will take a calamity, I think. Unfortunate, but true.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Self-loathing? According to what? Looking on my life these past few days, 'self-loathing' is wayyyyy off the mark. I'm enjoying life, but I know there's thousands of people who would kill for my life because they're going through hell right now. I'd like for them to enjoy existence on this planet as much as I'm enjoying mine. As matters stand, that won't be happening any time soon. That is what disappoints me about this thread - the lack of recognition and appreciation for the number of opportunities for this revolution to happen, but no one sees the need to kickstart it.

It will take a calamity, I think. Unfortunate, but true.

There you go again. What are you doing to help the people who are going through hell? Why don't you, personally, kickstart this revolution you so fervently want to happen? Why would you prefer a calamity to making it happen yourself?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No, they won't.

2nd

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

There you go again. What are you doing to help the people who are going through hell? Why don't you, personally, kickstart this revolution you so fervently want to happen? Why would you prefer a calamity to making it happen yourself?

I can't do it alone. And I don't see a lot of people willing to stand alongside me. In all seriousness, when push comes to shove, I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would see it through to the end. I'm not sure even I would have the backbone. It takes a monumental amount of testicular fortitude to stand against the great political forces of the world. It takes even greater endurance to do so and live to tell the tale.

I see none of that in this thread. But at the very least, the participants could try not to pose a hindrance as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I can't do it alone. And I don't see a lot of people willing to stand alongside me. In all seriousness, when push comes to shove, I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would see it through to the end. I'm not sure even I would have the backbone. It takes a monumental amount of testicular fortitude to stand against the great political forces of the world. It takes even greater endurance to do so and live to tell the tale.

I see none of that in this thread. But at the very least, the participants could try not to pose a hindrance as well.

Sounds like you've put a lot of effort into justifying being "wayyyyy satisfied" with your life while not doing anything to effect a positive change for others. Clearly, it's everyone else in the entire world's fault.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by seen2much

Originally posted by zatara

What if an ET race helped us out with their knowledge and cured our Sun without us never knowing about it..?

You would have to be mind bogglingly gullible to believe such a thing, in which case I have a bridge to sell you.

Wow, for love of God was that post serious?

*looks at sign up date*

Welcome to ATS, it gets weirder the longer you stay .
The fact that I didn't bat so much as an eyelid reading that post just goes to show how desensitized I am to the utterly bonkers and genuinely sincere beliefs some folks hold on these boards.

My God... it has been a long time since I've read a post of such a naive and shallow person. I bet you took off from small-town, got lost on and made the wrong turn to ATS.

I hope you stay a little longer on ATS and get yourself infected with the truth virus. If you permit yourself some time to read there is stuff here on ATS which will blow your dense cranium and splatter your pappy mass into a universe of forbidden and hidden knowledge.

Have a nice one..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If the "truth virus" involves believing aliens "cured our sun" without us knowing then I'd rather pass on that one thanks
Unless by "truth virus" you mean potent psychedelics?
edit on 3-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by zatara

If the "truth virus" involves believing aliens "cured our sun" without us knowing then I'd rather pass on that one thanks
Unless by "truth virus" you mean potent psychedelics?
edit on 3-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

Wow, sometimes you can't make this stuff up. I am speechless. "Cure the sun," wow.

I am reminded by a poem of Maari:

Now this religion prevails
Till by another overthrown
Since men cannot bide men alone
But with another fiary tale.

I amazed how many of the 2012ers resemble religous fanatics and take questioning as persecution. So be it. I imagine very few have "awakened." I imagine most are disappointed while a large portion will continue to stretch the truth and delude themselves.

Sad.
edit on 4-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Sounds like you've put a lot of effort into justifying being "wayyyyy satisfied" with your life while not doing anything to effect a positive change for others. Clearly, it's everyone else in the entire world's fault.

I don't see the OP making a huge difference. And really, that's the whole point. The OP just wants to point fingers and force people to admit their mistake in hoping the world could improve. That's the gist I'm trying to get across here. Instead of chewing on hope, nurture it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I amazed how many of the 2012ers resemble religous fanatics and take questioning as persecution. So be it. I imagine very few have "awakened." I imagine most are disappointed while a large portion will continue to stretch the truth and delude themselves.

A man will never see blue if he forever calls it black. A shift in perspective changes everything.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by DJW001

[I can't do it alone. And I don't see a lot of people willing to stand alongside me. In all seriousness, when push comes to shove, I don't think there's a whole lot of people who would see it through to the end. I'm not sure even I would have the backbone. It takes a monumental amount of testicular fortitude to stand against the great political forces of the world. It takes even greater endurance to do so and live to tell the tale.

A wise person once said "Be the change you want to see in the world." Yes you can do it alone. Stop thinking the world is a planet and start thinking that the world is the direct circle of your influence. Change that world. It's the only one you really can. You lose your own argument if that is your excuse.
The question asked by the OP is not done to pick a fight, it's merely asking if those who were wrong will ever admit it. The only correct answer seems to be "no." If you personally were not going along with the whole "world is going to end" scenario, the question was not even directed at you.
OOPS. I see I am replying to a reply. Sorry. This is meant for Afterinfinity.
edit on 4-1-2013 by stars15k because: Misdirection

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think they will ever admit they were wrong. It would go against their belief system, which is why there is so much back-pedaling with explanations like "it was the end of the age" or "it was a call for change" or somehow declaring the date is figured wrong.
As a Christian, I have religious faith. Some might see this as duplicity, but my faith has never actually given a date for something that then never happened.
That is a big difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Thanks Star for pointing out the question was only directed at the ones who claimed an approaching doomsday.

I agree with the, "be the change" concept and that is what I hope happens with them, but I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Thank you for conceding that much. That was the only point I was trying to make.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
lol

Infinity, I made that point a long time ago, so I cannot concede a point I myself made. I am glad to see you have calmed down.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

The question asked by the OP is not done to pick a fight, it's merely asking if those who were wrong will ever admit it. The only correct answer seems to be "no." If you personally were not going along with the whole "world is going to end" scenario, the question was not even directed at you.

Unfortunately the OPs subject heading was addressed to 2012ers generally. Plus within the post we get this assertion that 'most' were doom believers. (I'd like to know where the OP got the research stats that backs this up because even on my particular 2012 forum I don't think death and destruction was the majority view at all).
The post concludes with the same trolling generalisation of the subject heading 'how many of you will admit you were wrong'?

The OP would have had a point if it had been better directed just at those who firmly believed in a cataclysm.

edit on 4-1-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's never a good idea to start a thread to just pick a fight. No, they probably won't because most human beings are loathe to admit they were wrong. It's just a human trait.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That's because most human beings have been taught that it's impolite to be flawed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join