It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I hope you stay a little longer on ATS and get yourself infected with the truth virus. If you permit yourself some time to read there is stuff here on ATS which will blow your dense cranium and splatter your pappy mass into a universe of forbidden and hidden knowledge.

Why spill out what the truth virus states instead of pretending to know and being silent unless of course you are referring to the following which sounds like something from a brain dead mockumentary. The repeated use of 'if' is a clue that this is nothing other than unsubstantiated baloney.

2012ers were not wrong... Maybe the nobelprize for Obama has something to do with it. If someone or something did not interveine we would have had a global extinction event because of massive sunflares or somthing else.. like a polar shift.

What if an ET race helped us out with their knowledge and cured our Sun without us never knowing about it..? (us=common folks.). What are all those pics and vids with alleged giant spacecraft near the Sun about...?

For those that want to learn from the failure of 2012, a tactic that can be used to spot rubbish is to see if the introduction begins with repeated ifs and what ifs concluded with the claim that all of the ifs and what ifs are true.

Examples:

1. What if aliens once visited us? What if aliens modified our DNA? ... That is the story we now show you.
  2. What if there is an unknown planet hurtling at us? What if that planet's aliens have exhausted their own resources? ... Here is what they plan to do.
  3. What if the ebil gummint has insidious plans for us? What if the plans have been accelerating? ... Here are the DUMBs the government will use to save themselves.
  4. What if GMOs were raised to infect us? What if the ebil gummint is in league with aliens? ... How we are being transformed into food for the Annunaki.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't see the OP making a huge difference. And really, that's the whole point.

Shirking your personal responsibility? Seems that you are.

Everyone can start small. You don't have to be a leader to make a difference.

Some ideas on how to make a difference.

1. Work in a soup kitchen
  2. Teach someone English as a second language
  3. Volunteer at the library
  4. Organize a recycling program for an area that does not have one
  5. Volunteer at the animal pound
  6. Volunteer at a senior center
  7. Volunteer with a youth sports program
  8. Be an organizer for a charity
  9. Collect and restore old electronics for shipment to poorer nations

A lot of small efforts build up to a big one.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by antonia

That's because most human beings have been taught that it's impolite to be flawed.

I don't know what your parents taught you but you certainly don't speak on behalf of "most people". Rather presumptuous, no?
edit on 4-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Don't be silly, it's far easier to point the finger at others over the internet than to actually get off one's butt and make a difference, however small. "Do as I say, not as I do".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
It is a simple question. I do not mean to anger anyone but hope the failure of either earth-shattering events which was predicted by most, by most, did not happen. Unless the "Fiscal Deal" counts as a sign, we can easily say the date was a dud. It is time to look within and not to shady shamans.

Those of you who bantered about an "awakening" do not need to answer as your vague explanation as to why nothing happened has been already used by numerous cults and religions.

How many of you will admit you were wrong?

While I think it's much ado about a calendar, there is one thing to keep in mind. If it ended in 2012, it could mean that sometime in 2013 the real event happens. I know that two huge comets are entering the solar system even as we speak, so who knows, their orbits are always changing with each burst of a gas jet. So the jury may still be deliberating on all of this.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And here we go... Prove nothing happened and I'll prove how 2012 helped me spiritually. We have got the point where we really can't prove anything. I can show you a video of a UFO. It could be 100% real or 100% fake and chances are we will never know so in the long run does it matter. If nothing happened to you great but don't claim to know that nothin happened to me because it did.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
And here we go... Prove nothing happened and I'll prove how 2012 helped me spiritually. .

Erm, that's not how logic works. Prove that I'm not the creator of the universe.

Face it, nothing happened. It really is quite sad seeing people cling on so desperately to this farce of a scenario.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You either die or you dont.

Wrong.

You never die.

Your body always will, irreversibly and inevitably.

It's not a choice, or an "either-or" situation. It's linear destiny of us all - death of the body, eternal life of the soul/self/spirit/"you".

This cannot be changed - energy (soul) can't be destroyed or killed, and a body can't be kept alive indefinitely. Without the soul, a body is dead, and even with a soul, it is never truly alive - it only appears to be, because something living is occupying it. But it does decay all the time nevertheless - living soul in a body simply slows down this process.

So, we all experience DEATH - of the body. There is no avoiding it, it will happen to you, it will happen to me, and it will happen to everyone in ATS and everyone outside of ATS. It's just a matter of time.

Besides, it's written "don't", not "dont".
edit on 4-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is obvious many of them are still in la-la land. I wonder how the whole 2012 movement will splinter off. I imagine it will be like the Seventh Day Adventists who came up with their own excuses. Anyway, the delusion continues.

January 1st created more change as it forced Obama and Congress to address, weakly, the "fiscal cliff." By the way, the "fiscal cliff" is real, unlike misconstrued Mayan prophecy.

At least many of the 2012ers got smart towards the end and started claiming "slow change" instead of doom. This backsliding of previous cry of doom will give it fuel to survive.

Another fairy tale to give some something to belong to.

Sorry to see so few are willing to admit that they were wrong and now plan on changing their viewpoint. Piling a lie ("slow change") on top another (2012) does not help.
edit on 4-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is so easy to create hoax and a conspiracy.

Here is an example:

We are all aging again. No one got older or died during 2012. And don't show me any of those fake obituaries plastered all over by the MSM. They were all part of a government cover up of the fact that no one got older. Celebrate love and the connection to the galaxy awareness by subtracting one off your age. It's a gift. Love and cherish it.

That example is far less idiotic than some of the 2012 bs that was spouted.

I just pray that idea doesn't get repeated by Icke or Wilcock or one of the other 2012 clowns of nonsense.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I agree and like the example. The "slow change" excuse is more palpable and needs less defending (which makes it practical as a ruse). The Jehovas Witnesses claimed Jesus was enthroned in the heavens when he stood them up -- he was supposed to be enthroned on earth.

They might also point to aerial anamolies and volcanic activity, or point out that the groundhog saw his shadow.

edit on 4-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

So...how much do you want for that dead horse you're beating so violently? I'm kind of hungry.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I tried to use 12/21/12 as a deadline to get prepared for the disasters that are definitely going to happen in the future. Power losses, food shortages, disrupted distribution, vehicle fixing, furnace breakdowns, raising food prices because of the drought, economic collapse, etc... Everything didn't get done but I did get a lot of it accomplished. I still want to build a sauna yet. None of that preparedness was for 12/21/12 itself, I knew that was an immaterial date.

So did I waste my time? It cost me nothing to prepare, I wanted the wood cookstove anyway, the hole in the chimney was put in twenty years ago when I built the house. Now I can finish putting stone on the chimney. The food is stuff we normally eat, it was paid in advance when it was cheaper. I think buying a new Caddy or Lincoln is a waste of money. Buying a new 4x4 at thirty five grand is also a waste, I can't stand the feeling of scratching it when throwing plywood or firewood in it.

I think something is still going to happen within the next few years, it would be nice if 12/21/12 was the end of my need for prepping but that is not the case. When science and the government tell me I don't need to prepare for any disasters personally and with a written legal guarantee, I will stop. What fools people are to think that the government will provide immediate relief in case of a disaster, Look at history...Look at Hurricane Sandy. A month of food at the very least is advisable for everyone in this country.

Not many people truly believed that 12/21/12 was going to be the end. We are not going to get off that easy, we have to start respecting the environment immediately or it will make our extinction inevitable.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am waiting for you to bury it and move on. I am satiated.

My remarks touched on how the delusional movement will continue. Another poster and I made suggestions.

lol..the only one who has mentioned violence this entire thread has been you. I hope you took my advice and listened to Mozart.

Calm down and get better.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I tried to use 12/21/12 as a deadline to get prepared for the disasters that are definitely going to happen in the future. Power losses, food shortages, disrupted distribution, vehicle fixing, furnace breakdowns, raising food prices because of the drought, economic collapse, etc... Everything didn't get done but I did get a lot of it accomplished. I still want to build a sauna yet. None of that preparedness was for 12/21/12 itself, I knew that was an immaterial date.

So did I waste my time? It cost me nothing to prepare, I wanted the wood cookstove anyway, the hole in the chimney was put in twenty years ago when I built the house. Now I can finish putting stone on the chimney. The food is stuff we normally eat, it was paid in advance when it was cheaper. I think buying a new Caddy or Lincoln is a waste of money. Buying a new 4x4 at thirty five grand is also a waste, I can't stand the feeling of scratching it when throwing plywood or firewood in it.

I think something is still going to happen within the next few years, it would be nice if 12/21/12 was the end of my need for prepping but that is not the case. When science and the government tell me I don't need to prepare for any disasters personally and with a written legal guarantee, I will stop. What fools people are to think that the government will provide immediate relief in case of a disaster, Look at history...Look at Hurricane Sandy. A month of food at the very least is advisable for everyone in this country.

Not many people truly believed that 12/21/12 was going to be the end. We are not going to get off that easy, we have to start respecting the environment immediately or it will make our extinction inevitable.

Nothing wrong with being prepared. Economies do collapse and so do societal structures, it has happened many times and will most likely happen again.

You should get one of those machines that are solar powered and can extract water from the air. If you have land, seeds are a good idea.

Being prepared is being realistic and cognizant of history's fluctuations.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I am waiting for you to bury it and move on. I am satiated.

My remarks touched on how the delusional movement will continue. Another poster and I made suggestions.

lol..the only one who has mentioned violence this entire thread has been you. I hope you took my advice and listened to Mozart.

Calm down and get better.

I'm not upset in the least. I'm rather struck by how you seem to have posted this thread already knowing how everyone thinks and feels and acts and saying that they are horrible for that. It's not what I'd call upsetting, just mildly disappointing and kind of generic for the ATS stock. Judgmentalism isn't really that uncommon around here. Everyone thinks they are right, and they are determined to prove it at any cost - even the esteem of other members.

2012 is over. Officially, it has ended. I don't know why this is even a topic of conversation. If it causes you so much distaste, ignore the matter entirely. Treat it like another one of those flat earth threads. Avoid it like the plague. There's plenty of other subjects to occupy your time, and I still don't see why an entire thread has to be dedicated to a group of people admitting they were wrong in public just so the rats can emerge and ridicule them for having faith in the world changing. It's stupid. It seriously is very very stupid.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The fun part of this thread for me has been seeing people stepping forward to claim something did happen. I predicted that.

Did I forget to mention that all of the people that were listed in obituaries were given fine living quarters under DIA? The overflow crowd was beamed up to the mothership that used the alias of comet Elenin. HAARP was used to generate quakes to shake observatories and prevent them from spotting the ship which was spotted earlier by 12 strand DNA indigo children when they used crop circles to bounce messages off of chemtrails and keep all of the pyramids resonating within the 5th dimension.

Yeah, that's pretty much what did not happen. Nothing happened and there is a lesson to be learned from the believers.

I have faith that people can learn.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Did you HOPE that something would happen?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The fun part of this thread for me has been seeing people stepping forward to claim something did happen. I predicted that.

Did I forget to mention that all of the people that were listed in obituaries were given fine living quarters under DIA? The overflow crowd was beamed up to the mothership that used the alias of comet Elenin. HAARP was used to generate quakes to shake observatories and prevent them from spotting the ship which was spotted earlier by 12 strand DNA indigo children when they used crop circles to bounce messages off of chemtrails and keep all of the pyramids resonating within the 5th dimension.

Yeah, that's pretty much what did not happen. Nothing happened and there is a lesson to be learned from the believers.

I have faith that people can learn.

ROFL

That was good, many thanks for that. That was classic.

Do not be surprised if someone publishes that....as a fact. You have just given birth to an explanation. You should become a "lightworker;" no telling how many wallets and purses you will lighten.

That was good!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Do not be surprised if someone publishes that....as a fact. You have just given birth to an explanation. You should become a "lightworker;" no telling how many wallets and purses you will lighten.

That was good!

Maybe next time you should start a Christian thread. After all, the terrible 2012ers have only been at this a couple of years. The Christians have been lightening wallets for ensured salvation for the past century.

Are you gonna unleash your nasty attitude on them too?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join