It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll 'pry guns from cold, dead fingers'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Only at ATS could you find people defending this crap.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

He can say any damn thing he wants ....

But the op didn't make him sound any worse - like you implied.

He wrote what he wrote ... don't be a moron ...

Your gun hating stance is clouding your judgement ... boymonkey indeed ...

So are you going to say this guy is batsh!T crazy or did he just vomit your own fantasy into words?

edit on 3-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I like TA - a lot - but i have to say his post (on this particular topic) is almost as over the top as the statements by the guy in question (who is clearly several slices short of a sandwich). This is understandable (it is an emotive issue) but it isn't very helpful.

This is a contentious issue for America to resolve. Wacky statements from either side of the debate are certainly not a help. Contentious issues mean compromise. Compromise means even handed debate. It is hardly rocket science.......
edit on 3-1-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

There is nothing to compromise. We are not giving up our means of self defense. PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

The thing is that people like you spouting off on the internet make no difference either way. I do not mean that in a derogatory way, more that if the Politicians have decided there is a debate to be had then a debate will be had, whatever you think about it. And the noises coming out of your country at the moment are that the politicians think there is a debate to be had.

Therefore, i would be amazed if no change happens. The very fact that they are prepared to debate it means there is an appetite for change of some kind amongst those that actually set the laws. And that is where the compromise word comes in..........

Steel yourself. You may not like it but i would be truly amazed if it didn't happen (to some degree).

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Oh I'm under no illusions. These criminal politicians will do what they do.

But don't be fooled. This is not about safety and security.

This is about power and control.

Freedom is in real peril both in your country and mine.

Gun owners of America are the single greatest obstacle to their pursuit of control and power over the lives of everyone. That is why they are targeted now.

This threat against the 2nd Amendment will do anything but provide security and peace.

Mark my words ... I personally know several who consider this THE LINE IN THE SAND.

This is very dangerous ground ...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Only at ATS could you find people defending this crap.

Hang on a minute..... I bet people are defending it on Twitter and facebook too...........not to forget GLP (duh duh duh).....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Relax, man. All that anger might cause you to blow a gasket, and people with blown gaskets are not known to be terribly effective in tussles like the one we've got coming.

There is simply no way to disarm a man who is determined to be armed. Just ask a guerrilla where he gets his gats.

Go ahead and ban what you want, outlaw what you want, piss off the entire country. Send in the Shock Troops. I promise, within 3 hours of their appearance, I'll be as well armed as any of them, very well hidden, and they'll be down a man or two in Personnel, and maybe Logistics, depending on how many more folks I want to equip that day.

All this talk of bans and whatnot is just blowing smoke up folks' asses, trying to get people in the proper frame of mind to be steamrolled - the SCARED frame of mind, where they won't even think of resisting. If they can beat us in our minds, we are well and truly beaten... before we even get started.

"They" want us to beat ourselves FOR them!

So... RELAX. Don't let 'em beat you before you even get out of the gate by turning your own mind against you as a weapon in THEIR employ. Have a beer. Light up a smoke. Relax, and know that nothing is ever lost until YOU give up.

If it comes, and you have a notion to be armed, just leave a carcass laying and take what he had. Resupply from your opponents is a time-honored tradition. It worked for David when HE was in the hills (long before he was "King David"), it worked for Brian Boru when HE was in the hills (long before he was "Ard Ri"), it worked for Robert the Bruce when HE was in the hills (long before he was King of Scotland), it worked for Mao when HE was in the hills (long before he was "Chairman Mao"), it worked for Castro when HE was in the hills (long before he was Dictator of all Cuba), it worked for... well, you get the drift, and it's worked that way all through the ages. Still does. It doesn't even matter what side you're on, left, right, or simply surviving - as seen from the extremely partial listing above. It works for ANYONE who has determination.

It also has the added advantage of having THEM foot the bills, pay the shipping freight and delivering it straight to YOUR door!

edit on 2013/1/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

it’s time for “anger,” killing gun owners and dragging legislators who disagree with gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message.

So he wants to kill and torture people.

But he's against guns?

He don't need guns for that - you can get a surprising amount of information out of most folks with just a car battery and a pair of jumper cables.

Add in a claw hammer, a vice, a pair of tin snips, and maybe some fireplace tongs, and you can set up a regular little Inquisition Chamber!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

wow, what an A-hole.

Maybe people like this should be locked up huh?

Of course not! That would make US no better than THEM!

Freedom of speech is a two-edged sword, and it cuts both ways. Still, it's the most important liberty we have, and I'll not truncate THEIRS lest it give them the ammo they need to truncate MINE!

Let 'em talk, let 'em spew vitriol. Present the opposition case, and present it logically and calmly. Folks can see who is just flinging spittle and who is thinking when you do that...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He is nothing more than a pant wetting coward hiding behind a pen and paper.
No real journalism even close to that turd.

Hopefully Piers Morgan will take him as a "partner" and deport themselves to England.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Now did you have a reason for not including Kaul's actual article in your op?

Anyway here it is and it is no way as bad as the op makes it out to be, at least not in my opinion.

www.desmoinesregister.com...

I went, I read it, I was amused.

Here's one of his wee gems of logic:

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway.

Wait... WHAT? Has he ever even read it? I think not. "Guns" are nowhere mentioned. "ARMS" are mentioned. It's about the right of the People to keep and bear ARMS. Doesn't say a thing about guns. "Arms" covers everything from sharp rocks to howitzers - and beyond.

It ain't about deer hunting, it ain't about "them there evil Black Rifles". It's about ARMS, specifically the right of the People to have and carry them... or pull them behind their travel trailer if they're too big to carry.

"Guns" are included in that category, but are by no means the only was of producing drastic destruction. Take my guns if you have to, just leave me the plumbing pipes in my house and a box of matches, and I'll get 'em back from you at my leisure...

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal.

Great! That's all we need - ANOTHER target in the GWOT! Leave 'em be - the NRA does more harm to the cause of bearing arms than it does good, anyhow. If I'M not willing to disband them and hunt them down, then there is no reason HE should, either - their a damn sight closer to being on HIS side than on MINE!

If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.

That's funny - I figured on doing the same to the folks on HIS side of the fence as well! Remember - they can't seriously try to take YOURS unless they bring THEIR OWN to the party... and that just gives YOU a wider choice of tackle!

SO - if they come, and you already have your own, think of your friends in need!

• Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

That right there is some funny stuff. Reminded me a lot of all the calls to hang politicians from lamp posts a couple years back being issued by his opposition - the "Right". Sounds an AWFUL lot like his opponents here, don't he? I sure hope he wasn't squawking about them saying things like that, then turn around and do it himself...

None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.

Well, whaddaya know! He ain't as dumb as he sounds if he recognizes THESE facts! It seems he's just spewing to light a fire under SOMEONE ELSE'S ass, get THEM to do his dirty work so he can keep his own lilly-white hands clean and blood-free. Nothing new there - I've run into those types all over the world!

Even right here in the good ol' USA!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Good. I'll pry ammo from the cold dead corpses that try to take it. My weapon gets hungry and my bullets thirsty. Maybe I can take care of that soon.

Hey, Kaul, maybe you can come try first? I'll be willing to help you die for your beliefs if you're willing to come take my weapons.
edit on 3-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That level of hate speech is absolutely unacceptable and I have no doubt it would never be tolerated as a column run in a major U.S. newspaper if the names and references were tweaked just a bit to read differently for who the intended victims of his ideas are.

That was my first thought as well - if one were to substitute anti-gun, for every instance of gun and democratic leaders for the republican ones this would have prompted a first class case of outrage from the MSM.

Since it is their "boy" calling for violence it's clearly hyperbole and not worth mentioning.

The double standard applied to liberals in the media is sickening.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He's an idiot to be sure. But he is, essentially, correct about one thing ... if the Gov't wants the guns, they can get them. A bunch of nitwit survivalists armed with popguns are NO match for an M1 tank or a drone. Red Dawn is a fantasy. They just let you believe you have some control and then scare you so you will cower in the corner with your little guns.

In short, they have you RIGHT where they want you.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I'm quite sure that the responses to the article like those posted here will be used to substantiate what the writer had to say... The same people that are angered by the idea of abortion being legal are the same ones that oppose free contraceptives and food stamp programs to feed the children of the poor.... They are also the ones that want religion in schools and the right to own semiautomatic rifles with high capacity magazines to shoot those that don't agree with them.... WWJD ?

He would arm himself, without a doubt:

36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 (English Standard Version)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
A bunch of nitwit survivalists armed with popguns are NO match for an M1 tank or a drone. Red Dawn is a fantasy.

Tell that to the Vietcong and the Mujahedeen, or the Somali Gangs or the Taliban, the FSA, the FARC - as a retired SF Officer I can give you a lesson on insurgency operations if you wish. An insurgency is not won with tanks and air strikes my friend - it is won on the airwaves of your TV.

Every crackdown creates more and more insurgents until the problem creates critical mass, which is why you don't prosecute a counter-insurgency with air strikes and artillery like a conventional war.

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
In short, they have you RIGHT where they want you.

They do but it has zero to do with a military advantage - it is that they have the media in their pocket. Until the media have something to lose along with the people they will side with the government.

The way to win an insurgency in the US is to target and mitigate/reduce the effectiveness or validity of the media.

This could be done with violence of course by taking out media centers, HQ, towers and such (this is the long way as they will resist) or done by appealing to their human side when the government starts spiriting away people in the night and going door to door. The best way is with a valid counter-information strategy that informs the public that the media is corrupt and paid for government shills.

Again - it’s not a matter of winning militarily it is a matter of hearts and minds. As much of a cliché as that is...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am a bit alarmed at the Violent tone coming from the radical left.
Violence is never the answer. This is a subject that needs to be discussed like mature adults and not one which is going to get resolved by making threats of physical bodily harm and death.

There has to be a peaceful solution which desn't involve dragging people around a parking lot tied to the bumper of a pick up truck until they agree with you.
This is just violent behavior. The kind we are all to used to now adays what with the school shooting we just had and the Theater shooting and many others,

I don't understand how the Upsanding American Gun Owner is cast in such a negative light when we have people like this threatening our lives. Who is the dangerous one again?

After reading this guys article, I am glad I own guns to defend myself from people like this.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Doesn't matter what I think really what will be will be but so many of you are just blowing hot air dreaming of rambo.
Why not instead come to some sort of compromise? instead of just saying NO.

No compromise.

The Constitution says what it says. I'll follow it if the opposition will. In that, there is no room or need for compromise.

If not -

No compromise. Conflict resolution instead.

One of us will be pretty unhappy in the aftermath.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Double post. Oops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join