It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll 'pry guns from cold, dead fingers'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Is gun worse then secret technologies that tell those people with guns to kill?

Whose worse the puppet or the puppeteer?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Looks like another politician who went off his meds. Geeze, and hes screaming that gun owners are violent. Whats wrong with this picture?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Looks like another politician who went off his meds. Geeze, and hes screaming that gun owners are violent. Whats wrong with this picture?
Whats wrong with this picture is... your so Quick to Jump on the Bandwagon, you dont even know the Thread is not about a Politican, But a Writer.

But Hate the Truth, Love your Gun.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: too many Periods.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore. They have been telling us that we are all stupid and dangerous on the daily bases. As the as*hole Jerrold Nadler said the other day Government Has Monopoly On Violence, Not People, See they think they can do to us anything they want, and we pretty much let them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Second: “Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. … Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that ‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.”

How about we make YOUR hands cold and dead, you friggin idiot?

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

No wonder he doesn't want people to have guns. He's a violent nutbag (as is evidenced by his threatening writing) and so he assumes everyone else will be the same. I won't say deport him, as he has a right to free speech as much as we have a right to own guns. But definitely section the violent creep-- give him a little time to "cool off" in a psych ward where he won't be able to carry out his threats.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just another test. TPTB definitely want us disarmed, to bring in the NWO. All of these recent gun control events are to get the weak minded to hate guns and to find out how strong the opposition really is. I believe there are some old guys that have been working on this their whole lives and hope they can see it come true before they die. They want to feel what it's like to 'rule the Earth.'

Also, they hope some weak minded pro gunner will take a shot at one of these morons so they can say 'see! owning guns is bad!'

Personally, I believe there is a strong chance TPTB were behind these recent 'mass killings.' It's much easier to shape the minds of the people. It would be a lot harder to push through the supposed legislation without them.
Create a problem, create an opposition to the problem, then create the solution. Problem solved.

Just my opinion, but I believe there are many who see through the veil, and they are not going to give up their guns.
You can take my guns, but you have to take the bullets first.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Youre right, I meant to put writer, but was going back and forth between threads. The fact remains-The guy is crazy. And I dont love my guns. They are simply tools. But I'm not about to give them up either. Especially with people like this writer in the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Deport him to the UK.

Lunacy. Pure lunacy. Worse than the lone wolf criminal fringe.

How about we make YOUR hands cold and dead, you friggin idiot?

Right, you are so much better. Alerted.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, I say let us, the responsible and law abiding gun owners here in Idaho, remove this left wingers pen from his cold dead fingers. Any federal agency that tries to take any guns from us will be met with force. Period. There are limits to what people will accept as rule of law and taking guns from us is not gonna happen.
It is high time these "leaders"(wealthy traitors, who care nothing for the people they are supposed to represent) were lined up against the wall of the Capitol Building and dealt the punishment they deserve for EVERYTHING they have done to destroy this country and its constitution.
I am a "gun totin Idaho Democrat" and damned proud of it.
edit on 1/2/2013 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

Oh and by the way. It is now very clear that the laws of this country only apply to the bottom 95%. Just ask the board of HSBC, guilty as hell for money laundering and all kinds of other infractions with regard to DRUG SMUGGLING, MURDER, BRIBERY, POLITICAL CORRUPTION,... the list goes on. Yet not one single person is going to be going to prison for laundering as much as a BILLION DOLLARS IN DRUG MONEY. If you or I are found with the minutest amount of these substance, or too much cash in our houses or on our person we are subject to arrest and prosecution, but if you are a rich group of corrupt bankers you will walk away a free man/woman.
This is clear evidence that the current Federal Governmant must be destroyed in order to bring back the right and fair rule of law in this country.
Peaceful protest is a joke. Blood must be spilled. Revolution now.
edit on 1/2/2013 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah this guy is a joke probably just looking to get his 15 mins off a horrible tragedy seems to be the "in" thing these days. Make a unregistered rifle a felony huh, in the state of michigan alone we would have prisons filled in no time, you do not need to transfer registration for rifles or shotguns here. How does he intended to pull our guns from our cold dead hands? kill us with kindness or puppy kiss's? He so hell bent on ridding guns because of violence then goes on with this hate filled violent example of how to deal with "these people" GTFOH.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Third: “Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.”

“And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

Why is this man still walking free? That is considered a threat to our representatives and I DEMAND this douche bag be held accountable just like everyone else would be.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Not going to happen. Hes wealthy, famous and well liked in some circles. Plus hes pushing the governments agenda, so they wont mess with him.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
By looking at his means to his ends it seems as though he took a page out of the old Klan playbook. I mean isn't that what the Klan did to people back in the day?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Now did you have a reason for not including Kaul's actual article in your op?

Anyway here it is and it is no way as bad as the op makes it out to be, at least not in my opinion.

www.desmoinesregister.com...

I don't know,,, but every thing the op showed in his thread is mentioned in the article if, You and the readers who stared you, start reading down from here to the end:

The thing missing from the debate

www.desmoinesregister.com...

edit on 2-1-2013 by guohua because: Spell Check

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
Calm down , shooting idiots just gets you in trouble . If you take a few deep breaths you might be able to figure out a better ( sneakier ) way to get him .

Joking aside we should put some pressure on him . Remember Rosie O'Donnell after Columbine ? She said a bunch of nonsense like that and had to back down some when she caught a lot more flack than she thought she was going to get .

These people always under estimate how many patriots there are .

Apologies for quoting, but only just seen the thread.

Without wishing to get into the whole UK/US argument about guns (I'm a Brit, btw), I can't help but comment on this post and the ones it replies to.

The OP has gotten himself very angry indeed about a writer taking an (admittedly strong) stance he doesn't agree with. Given the OP cheerfully throws around threats of violence, can he not understand why anti-gun people of all nationalities get fed up of their views being countered with veiled or open threats about how gun ownership is the most effective way to silence them. Whilst (I think) most people are joking, it's not hard to find yourself wondering about some comments given how outraged certain posters become at the mere suggestion that there should be any limit at all about the sort of gun they can own.

Admittedly the writer the OP refers to has taken a virtually unique position that people should be de-armed using violence, but the OP should also realise that the same rhetoric that has angered him so much is often the rhetoric used to intimidate people who don't agree with guns.

Secondly, whilst not an American myself, I can't understand how taking an anti-gun position is in any way unpatriotic. Protection from tyranny, blah blah blah - but none of the people who consider blind defense of gun ownership somehow 'patriotic' never seem to wonder why many normal people oppose guns. Those people aren't TPTB, or part of some 'tyranny' (whatever that means)... it might be that they've personally witnessed the way a civilian held gun can tear a family apart, seen their local area fall prey to gun violence. That sort of # makes people angry - even to the point where they're happy to lose their 'right' because they don't think it's worth it on balance. A patriot wants his people to succeed, remain safe and prosper together - the American way, surely.

Of course, the only 'solution' is more guns - and, of course, if everyone was armed all the time then half of this wouldn't happen. After all, the good guy is always quicker, braver and more accurate than the bad guy - despite him knowing what's going down before anyone else.

Either way, threads like this prove why a lot of normal people (both in the US and elsewhere) see many pro people as gun nuts. I certainly wouldn't want to have a beer with the OP, knowing that his trigger finger gets itchy when he hears something he doesn't like. The American Constitution is a great thing, but don't let the Second Amendment become worth more than the First. By defending one core right by curtailing another, it makes some of you 'Patriots' sound like you like having guns because they're really cool and make you feel powerful rather than some grand, ideological protection of your precious freedom.

Peace.
edit on 2-1-2013 by KingIcarus because: Just to clarify...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

For 50 years, the left-leaning columnist Donald Kaul has raged against guns, but after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, he says, it’s time for “anger,” killing gun owners and dragging legislators who disagree with gun control behind pickup trucks until they get the message. The Pulitzer Prize-nominated columnist penned an alarming screed published in the Des Moines Register in which he further suggested the Second Amendment be repealed and the National Rifle Association be declared a terrorist organization.

For some reason while reading it it reminds me of the religion of Islam. Kill those who disagree.

For me personally, this is my 'line in the sand.' If confiscation begins, I will be carrying full time. [I do have a concealed pistol license]. IF anyone tries to forcefully take my arms, someone WILL be shot.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ive posted it before,but.........it sounds SO familiar.

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ... Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms.” ― Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So whats he going to kill gun owners with to take their guns??.....A knife??

This guy is one of two thing...(neither of them good)

A) hypocritical
B) the kind of moron who will bring a knife to a gun fight.

If he doesn't see that he needs guns to take guns then...hes one extremely confused individual. If hes ok with using guns to take guns then hes a Tyrant by the VERY definition...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Maybe....

Hes REALLY fast with a Knife!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
One more thing...

Why is not one providing the OTHER solution/options out there? The one that is infinitely more practical and doesn't involve living in a fantasy land where laws make guns disintegrate into thin air...

The solution of training and educating people in school on the use of firearm...how to respect them and handle them. How to keep them secure and how and when to use and shoot them...We already have this in place its called "Gun safety courses"...make this a part of the educational curriculum so you can no longer say that the police are the only ones to have guns because they are "trained professionals"....make everyone a train professional...if shootings happen (they will its inevitable) there will be FAR fewer total casualties as the perp will be stopped short of a "massacre"

Insane people will continue to exist...and shooting will still happen regardless of laws or registrations...this is reality and to even to think otherwise is a severe mental error.

I say we introduce guns to kids entering high school in safe and controlled environments where their perception and respect for guns can be guided in a more responsible manner. Remove the stigma behind guns that people are conditioned to from the nightly news reports and out of context statistics...

I was introduced to guns when I was about 7 years old...I would go hunting with my father when I was about 3 or 4 and would carry a plastic toy shotgun...

A country full of law enforcement equivalently trained legal law abiding gun owners...not only is it teaching and promoting personal responsibility and Independence...its a world where good people are empowered and outnumber the bad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join