It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll 'pry guns from cold, dead fingers'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Come on, you could of been more creative. Drag us behind trucks until we get the message? Seriously, be more creative next time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Peace indeed ! I wish for it as much as anyone . I've just seen you're very well thought out post , and thank you for it .

I feel that in order to be a responsible citizen one needs to bear some of the responsibility of governance , even when it involves you're trying to stop the government from becoming totalitarian .

It may not even come to another revolution . The very knowledge that there are millions upon millions of gun owners ( nuts ) in America who are willing to raise a terrible fuss may already be keeping our government from doing their worst .

Without guns there will be nothing but their own consciences to stop them ....... and our government is mostly lawyers .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Even though it may have not been mentioned here, it has already happened. Numerous organizations have offered FREE training courses to teachers and faculty across America. The reason the MSM won't report on it is that's not what they want. They want us all disarmed because we're to stupid to defend ourselves. We might kill a criminal. How can they make money from that?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

I feel that in order to be a responsible citizen one needs to bear some of the responsibility of governance...

Yes...freedom is not free--it requires responsibility.

You must understand that in a free society bad things happen and you must be willing to accept
that responsibility. The insane will always be with us. Insanity can arise at any moment in anyone
of us...sometimes there are no warnings.

You can either accept that responsibility or subject yourself to the protection of a master of
unknown intention...

....either kneel and lick the boot....OR GROW A SET and act like a free human being

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by older1

Yea this is for teachers and faculty which I think is a step in the right direction but offering training to everyone regardless of profession is a wise idea as well.

Kids whose ONLY opinion/experience of guns are from the nightly news are the ones who grow up thinking they need to be banned...they only see the bad and of course put guns in the bad box for mental compartmentalization.

If kids had a proper more realistic introduction to weapons they might not fear them so unhealthily.

Some people hate guns until is saves their lives...this is why we still arm the police and military. Train the average citizen to be as qualified and experienced in weapons as the police and military and the justification for gun laws goes right out the window.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

The OP has gotten himself very angry indeed about a writer taking an (admittedly strong) stance he doesn't agree with. Given the OP cheerfully throws around threats of violence, can he not understand why anti-gun people of all nationalities get fed up of their views being countered with veiled or open threats about how gun ownership is the most effective way to silence them. Whilst (I think) most people are joking, it's not hard to find yourself wondering about some comments given how outraged certain posters become at the mere suggestion that there should be any limit at all about the sort of gun they can own.

We must realize we are all human. Emotions can be very strong, and sometimes overrules logic. Many crimes are 'crimes of passion.' Both sides demonstrate this. There are also extremists on both sides. As of now I am proud of my fellow countrymen with keeping their anger to words. Hopefully it won't have to go beyond that.

The American Constitution is a great thing, but don't let the Second Amendment become worth more than the First.

The constitution IS a great thing, but I believe if it wasn't for the Second Amendment we wouldn't have the first, or any others.

Secondly, whilst not an American myself, I can't understand how taking an anti-gun position is in any way unpatriotic. Protection from tyranny, blah blah blah - but none of the people who consider blind defense of gun ownership somehow 'patriotic' never seem to wonder why many normal people oppose guns. Those people aren't TPTB, or part of some 'tyranny' (whatever that means)... it might be that they've personally witnessed the way a civilian held gun can tear a family apart, seen their local area fall prey to gun violence. That sort of # makes people angry - even to the point where they're happy to lose their 'right' because they don't think it's worth it on balance. A patriot wants his people to succeed, remain safe and prosper together - the American way, surely.

I have personally known people who were afraid of guns. But after training them on what a gun is, can do, and how to handle it they change their opinion. Target shooting is actually quite fun. Once you become confident in handling a firearm, you no longer 'fear' it.

Yes, civilian held guns have torn families apart. They have also kept them together. We, like you, will always have criminals. We will always have the crazies. And yes, we will always have the stupid. I firmly believe in the Second Amendment, but I also know people who should not own guns. I know people who should not be able to drive a vehicle. But, alas, this is what freedom is. When one person is able to dictate who can and who can't do what, (barring felons, mentally ill) we are no longer free.

A tyrannical government always includes gun confiscation. If you think I trust my government you are wrong. I feel our government is our greatest potential enemy. All one has to do is watch what they do, not what they say, and you'll see the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The general consensus in this thread seems to be that the 2nd amendment trumps the hell out of the first amendment.

It`s important to note that this columnist is not actually going out and taking anybody`s guns away, he`s not doing anything illegal.. but people want him deported to England and or North Korea for some retarded reason. And others want him slowly tortured to death.

For words, for writing a column that they disagree with.

So remember - the Constitution is sacred, and shall not be violated! Except for the first amendment, that goes out the window... but only for those that you personally disagree with.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I believe threatening to drag people behind a pick up is considered a terroristic threat and therefore illegal

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by Monger

I believe threatening to drag people behind a pick up is considered a terroristic threat and therefore illegal

Read the original column, you might get some insight from the writers actual words, as opposed to the OP`s knee-jerk reaction to a sensationalist article from WND, which is a site specifically designed to rile folks like the OP up. And by God did it ever work.

I hate being on THIS side of the gun debate. I enjoy guns, I own guns. But so many people take it too far and let their anger and reactionism cloud their judgement.

The OP called for the columnist to be slowly tortured to death. Which, if you`re taking notes, is in fact a terroristic threat and illegal as all get out.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yea this is for teachers and faculty which I think is a step in the right direction but offering training to everyone regardless of profession is a wise idea as well.

Believe it or not, before the TPTB took over our schools, [50's- 60's] they had shooting classes in school. The kids were taught respect for the gun, how to properly handle them, and how dangerous they could be.

This is all part of their plan for a NWO. Did you notice how Hollywood is up-in-arms about gun control? Yet, who makes the movies where the good guy shoots the heck out of everything. How about the 'conditioning' of shoot-em-up video games to children who have never been taught the proper respect/handling of a weapon? Looks to me they are teaching them subconsciously how to be 'good soldiers'.

They mainstream a theater/school shooting, but never mention when one is stopped by an armed citizen.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
this guy is following a long "rich" tradition on the left, from Stalin to Mao to Pot- they believe killing is ok as long as the "reason" for killing is righteous- they will kill you for your own good

Ould ballroot.

Could just be looking attention, which, unfortunately he has received.

As for the "we", I doubt he will be leading any charge, expecting others to do it....
edit on 2-1-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe we should drag this idiot behind a truck down the street until he gets the message.

What a loon. Yeah guy, it makes sense to kill people who don't agree with you.. Well, we don't agree with him.. what should we do about that..?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Lol, This moron's answer to taking away guns from people is to shoot them and commit other acts of terrorism? All the while, labeling NRA members as terrorists? Rofl... Good thing he's not a politician..

What a moron. He should be tried for treason...
edit on 1/2/1313 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger
[more Noted. I guess 2 wrongs dont make a right.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Come on guys,[and gals], this columnist is either a 'paid shill' or a 'necessary idiot'. They're playing with your minds. A plot to divide us, to make us angry. When you are controlled by emotion you're not thinking clearly. That's when you make mistakes. When one of these morons pisses you off, step back, calm down. Figure out what their real intention is. I read the WND article. He's using the Sandy Hook shooting for his basis. That story has so many inconsistencies it's rediculess.

Here's the deal: the Illuminati, Bilderburgers, ect, there's not that many of them. They know people are now waking up. More people are finding out the truth everyday. Yeah, they control the money, but a lot of the people they 'bought' have their limits. They're scared their NWO isn't gonna happen, and if enough of us 'wake up', it can't happen. That's why these events are happening so close together.

Rise above it. When you hear one of these people spew their propaganda, ignore it. The old 'what if they gave a war and nobody came' attitude.

The main question is how far they will go. It may be they have the attitude of 'if I can't have it, nobody can.'

Keep alert. Watch the alternative media. Wake others up, or at least plant the seed.

If you could question the average Russian, Chinese, ect. I'm sure the majority want freedom. They want to have the means to protect themselves. Small arms are the first line of defense. No, you can't stop a tank with a rifle, but if you wait till he sticks his head out...just saying.....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
After reading the original article I think you guys need to simmer down a little, It is fine the OP cherry picked passages from it to make it seem more than it is but some of you guys need to know that threatening people online is illegal and can get this yourself and this site in trouble.
I wonder how many of you secretly want people to try and take your guns so you can pretend to be a bad ass.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm quite sure that the responses to the article like those posted here will be used to substantiate what the writer had to say... The same people that are angered by the idea of abortion being legal are the same ones that oppose free contraceptives and food stamp programs to feed the children of the poor.... They are also the ones that want religion in schools and the right to own semiautomatic rifles with high capacity magazines to shoot those that don't agree with them.... WWJD ?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I remember oh so many years ago taking the hunter's safety course... in public school.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
After reading the original article I think you guys need to simmer down a little, It is fine the OP cherry picked passages from it to make it seem more than it is but some of you guys need to know that threatening people online is illegal and can get this yourself and this site in trouble.
I wonder how many of you secretly want people to try and take your guns so you can pretend to be a bad ass.

They are quotes ... it is what its is ...

“Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.” “And if that didn’t work,” Kaul concludes, “I’d adopt radical measures.”

Is that threatening?

I wonder how much of what that guy wrote you secretly agree with ...

Your agenda is showing through ... its pathetic that you would excuse and defend this crap ...

edit on 3-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Defending the right that he has to speak his mind, Fine If you do not agree with it but after reading the whole blog it is obvious he knows what he says is not going to happen.
Lol you defend the second but ignore the first.
Doesn't matter what I think really what will be will be but so many of you are just blowing hot air dreaming of rambo.
Why not instead come to some sort of compromise? instead of just saying NO.
Or If I agree with him are you going to threaten me? I have already had death threats on this site and the next one will be reported.
edit on 3-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join