It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sized Spaceship In Orbit Around Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Jupiter is basically across the solar system from Saturn right now. Jupiter also takes 11 years to go around the sun, unlike Mercury, Venus, Mars and our own planet that take a much shorter time, and who's movement is much, much more easy to see on a daily basis.

You forgot to mention the movemnt of the moon however - and OUR planet take 1 year to orbit the sun -

therby a quarter of a year would mean the _apparent location of Jupiter would have shifted by a lot - which it hasnt

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
According to Stellarium and a physical check......Jupiter is where it should be!

Thread fail

edit on 31/12/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

all these "unusually" bright stars that people have been reporting recently are ALL SATELLITES, thats right there are literally hundreds of them orbiting earth, from telecommunications, to dish, to private owned and even government satellites are in orbit.

each satellite is roughly the size of an average 4 door sedan, and the reason they appear to look like bright stars is because they orbit our planet at close range.

study their patterns for a night, trust me a giant mother ship would be cloaked and probably would be hiding in plain sight either in our atmosphere or under the ocean

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

Jupiter is basically across the solar system from Saturn right now. Jupiter also takes 11 years to go around the sun, unlike Mercury, Venus, Mars and our own planet that take a much shorter time, and who's movement is much, much more easy to see on a daily basis.

You forgot to mention the movemnt of the moon however - and OUR planet take 1 year to orbit the sun -

therby a quarter of a year would mean the _apparent location of Jupiter would have shifted by a lot - which it hasnt

No.

And with this post right here, shows how very little you understand of planetary motion, parallax and the location of objects within our solar system.

Jupiter moves a LOT slower than us. Jupiter is located a LOT further away from the sun and is a LOT further away than any of the inner planets.

As we move around the sun, our view of the stars do change with the seasons, that is why after a while we no longer get to see certain constellations (or planets for that mater) because of how we are moving around the sun.

Jupiter's position in the solar system right now helps it line up with Aldebaran right now, and because it moves much slower than us, will not appear to move a whole lot in it's 11 year orbit. It has moved, a little bit here and there if you've been watching.

As we orbit around the sun, where it is in the sky will be blinded out by the sun, until next fall. And during that time it will have moved so that when we see it again then, it will not be near Aldebaran anymore.

Jupiter has a inclination to the solar plane of only 1.3 degrees. But because the Earth has a 23 deg axial tilt, the sun will look lower in the sky during the Northern Hemisphere's winter, but at night my dear friend, it will make planets like Jupiter higher in the sky, all because of that 23 deg axial tilt. If you could see Jupiter during the summer when the sun is out, it would appear LOWER in the sky, thanks to that tilt.

The moon orbits US not the sun.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

On other posts put here on ats recently , it's evident that some people have noticed the unusually bright 'star' which rises and sets along the path the moon usually takes

Stellarium tells me it is Jupiter

The internet tells me it is Jupiter

Most importantly......

My 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain (Meade LX90) telescope....ie...my own eyes.....tell me it is Jupiter.

As someone who watches the skies when the clouds permit me I can safely say there is no "new stars" or "Giant Sized Spaceship" up there.

The next great astronomical feature this year is a couple of comets, one of them due in March, but the end of the year will provide the best viewing times.....and boy will it provide a spectacle.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Please try to work it out. It takes Jupiter 11 years to travel 360 degrees.. That means Jupiter travels about 32 degrees during the course of a year. Therefore, in three months you would expect it to travel about six degrees relative to the background stars, like Aldebaran. Six degrees is about the width of your fist held at arm's length. Over a period of a few nights, the movement would be scarcely visible. Meanwhile, the Moon is speeding along, lapping it every month. Does this help?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

[Jupiter has a inclination to the solar plane of only 1.3 degrees. But because the Earth has a 23 deg axial tilt, the sun will look lower in the sky during the Northern Hemisphere's winter, but at night my dear friend, it will make planets like Jupiter higher in the sky, all because of that 23 deg axial tilt. If you could see Jupiter during the summer when the sun is out, it would appear LOWER in the sky, thanks to that tilt.

In winter we are tilted away from the sun and hence away from the ecliptic plane on which the planets can be seen travelling - I fail to see how that would make Jupiter visible so high in the sky at this time of year .

Because the moon orbits us - how then does the so called jupiter and its friend follow its track across the night sky so exactly ?
Its because its a ship in orbit . I will check on a jpl diagram but I still dont think you are going to prove this point

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No!! because the spaceship is lapping the moon!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

No amount of scientific proof will make a difference on this one I think so just let him believe its a UFO.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Yeah, I think our chains are being yanked.

Little early in the day for me, but, oh well.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think we should wait for the photos, it would be easier for you guys to explain your point of view as well
common guy I want to see your photos we have had grey skys for over a month here Im intregued

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

[Jupiter has a inclination to the solar plane of only 1.3 degrees. But because the Earth has a 23 deg axial tilt, the sun will look lower in the sky during the Northern Hemisphere's winter, but at night my dear friend, it will make planets like Jupiter higher in the sky, all because of that 23 deg axial tilt. If you could see Jupiter during the summer when the sun is out, it would appear LOWER in the sky, thanks to that tilt.

In winter we are tilted away from the sun and hence away from the ecliptic plane on which the planets can be seen travelling - I fail to see how that would make Jupiter visible so high in the sky at this time of year .

Because the moon orbits us - how then does the so called jupiter and its friend follow its track across the night sky so exactly ?
Its because its a ship in orbit . I will check on a jpl diagram but I still dont think you are going to prove this point

Wrong. During the winter for the Northern hemisphere, the north pole is tilted AWAY from the sun.

During the northern hemisphere's summer, the north pole is tilted TOWARDS the sun.

Get a ball, like a soccer ball. Mark where the north pole is. Now mark where you are in the Northern Hemisphere. Now get a lamp, it's the sun. Use another lamp and call it Jupiter. Place it opposite of where the sun and your ball is.

Now, take the ball and tilt it so that it's north pole is tilted AWAY from the sun. Rotate that ball on that axis. Notice how your spot where you are as your rotate it, the lamp that is your sun will appear to be closer to the south or the equator.
But during the night, because of that 23 deg tilt, the lamp that is Jupiter will appear higher in the sky of the spot on your ball.

That's how it works. Nothing complex at all. Very simple.

The moon orbits us with variance in it's orbital plane to our equator from 18 deg to 28 deg. It orbits us every 28 days. It is also orbiting US not the sun. Using the moon as a reference to the speed in which other planets orbit the sun is wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Your claim to have pictures. Where are they?
Several members have refuted your story, ones I trust know what they're talking about.
So, where's your proof?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So why would an alien craft have bow and stern lights on it? To comply with FAA regulations?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok I had a look at the JPL orbit diagram and I can see what is meant by both the proximity to Aldebaran , ie very little movement, and Jupiter is higher up not lower down - takes a bit to get your head round it - the axial tilt at night that is - looking out away at the planet

but , as I said to djw I dont see how the objects in question are actually moving faster than the moon - lapping the moon in fact is how I have observed them for 2 -3 months , and on exactly the same track.

I have recorded the full moon and the passes (at exactly full moon ) 2 months in a row , so will try to put a vid together to show this .

Another unusual factor has been the moon showing a full halo at full moon during the both the passes also - can it be explained that the passes travel past the moon , not the moon travels past 'jupiter and aldebarran'?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Another unusual factor has been the moon showing a full halo at full moon during the both the passes also - can it be explained

by weather conditions on earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ok.

What is truly amazing is that the "Aliens" have made the "spaceship" look just like Jupiter through my Meade 12" telescope.

That was profoundly a great idea!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
Get a pair of binoculars mate. You can see the 4 moons orbiting around the 'fake' Jupiter too.

No, those are just Fog lights mounted on the "Spaceship"

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

also - can it be explained that the passes travel past the moon , not the moon travels past 'jupiter and aldebarran'?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join