It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sized Spaceship In Orbit Around Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Ok I had a look at the JPL orbit diagram and I can see what is meant by both the proximity to Aldebaran , ie very little movement, and Jupiter is higher up not lower down - takes a bit to get your head round it - the axial tilt at night that is - looking out away at the planet

but , as I said to djw I dont see how the objects in question are actually moving faster than the moon - lapping the moon in fact is how I have observed them for 2 -3 months , and on exactly the same track.

I have recorded the full moon and the passes (at exactly full moon ) 2 months in a row , so will try to put a vid together to show this .

Another unusual factor has been the moon showing a full halo at full moon during the both the passes also - can it be explained that the passes travel past the moon , not the moon travels past 'jupiter and aldebarran'?

The moon orbits the earth CCW.

Each night both the moon and Jupiter will appear later in the evening, until the moon reaches the point in it's orbit where it's visible during the day, and not night.

Yet even now when it (the moon) does this, you'll see Jupiter and Aldebaran only at night.

Our moon has "lapped" Jupiter and Aldebaran twice in the last 2 months, because that is what the moon does: it orbits around us every 28 days.

Where the position of where Aldebaran is (and Jupiter) can take a whole year to make 1 "lap" at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They are going to be disapointed when they come down.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for your patience - what has confused me is that on the last 'lapping' which occurred recently , on the same night then jupiter and aldebaran appeared to the left of the moon and then by the end of the night they were on the right of it . Effectively it appeared that they were lapping the moon as if in orbit - and travelling slightly faster than the moon then , if in orbit .

Since apparently they are not , I am guessing your explanation is that the moon 'slips' in its orbital journeying which would make its speed of travel somewhat slower than the speed of earth's rotation ?

What I had always thought was that the moon appears to move a lot faster than any of the rest of the luminaries especially stars but including planets ?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

The Earth rotates at 1,038MPH at the equator, this means it does one full rotation in 24hrs.

The Moon orbits the Earth counter clockwise at 2,288MPH at a distance of 250,000 miles (varying), and it takes roughly 27 days to do one lap.

So even though the moon is orbiting in the same direction as the Earth rotates, it's distance (plus the Earths rotation) means it has further to travel giving the impression it is heading west and/or slower.

edit on 31/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for your patience - what has confused me is that on the last 'lapping' which occurred recently , on the same night then jupiter and aldebaran appeared to the left of the moon and then by the end of the night they were on the right of it . Effectively it appeared that they were lapping the moon as if in orbit - and travelling slightly faster than the moon then , if in orbit .

Since apparently they are not , I am guessing your explanation is that the moon 'slips' in its orbital journeying which would make its speed of travel somewhat slower than the speed of earth's rotation ?

What I had always thought was that the moon appears to move a lot faster than any of the rest of the luminaries especially stars but including planets ?

The moon does appear to travel at a different speed than the stars in the sky.

As a mater of fact, if you get a telescope that is able to automatically track objects in the sky, you'll find that the speed of the motor built into the mount has a different speed for the moon. It's a very small difference, but it is there.

This all comes down to the fact that the moon is orbit our planet, and not the sun like the other planets, and of course it's not some distant point like the stars in the sky.

If you seriously would like to know more about how things are moving up there, take some time to get some books or watch some educational videos on astronomy. You'll learn quite a bit why things appear to move the way that they do.

For example Mars when you watch it in the sky will at some point appear to actually reverse it's direction in the sky and travel the other way for a bit, and then reverse again and continue in the direction it was going. The reason for this is not of course that Mars does this, but because we "lapped" Mars since we go around the sun faster than it does. But to our view of it here on Earth, that's exactly what it appears to do.
Venus and Mercury do not seem to do that, but that is because they are closer to the sun than us, and they "lap" the Earth.

Nothing wrong with understanding how things move around in our skies and why they would appear to do the things that they do. It can be understandable if something doesn't "look right" to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Since there are 360 degrees in a circle, the Moon moves 360 / 27.3 or 13.2 degrees per day relative to the stars, which is just over half a degree per hour, and approximately equal to its apparent size. This means that from night to night, the Moon moves a little more than one hand-width to the East (the direction of its motion around the Earth) relative to the stars, and from hour to hour, it moves about one diameter to the East, among the stars.
cseligman.com...

ETA: There's a lot more at the link. Would be worth the click to you.
edit on 31-12-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

excuse me but you are doing a terrible job
of debunking this
your knowledge of celestial mechanics needs brushing up
the t&c keeps me from commenting on on your christmas argument
you also seem to assume this particular asterism/conjunction happens yearly
sheesh
it's making the op look like he may have something after all

i keep finding myself drawn to this asterism/conjunction myself when cloud cover permits, being otherwise occupied i've neglected following up on it, that ends tonight, weather permitting

as for the amateur astronomer argument
pics

no more taking any of the "science" boys on their say so or on faith:

proof/pics or keep silent

same goes for op who had me until the new jerusalem nonsense
at least he's not an aliens are demons mouth breather

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
According to Stellarium and a physical check......Jupiter is where it should be!

Thread fail

edit on 31/12/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

rofl

a physical check?
you actually flew up there?
RLMFAO!
didn't bring any pics either
noteven going to bother how your copy of stellarium expehave been patched

up till now eric the awful and yoda are ahead
however again were expected to take erics word
and no pics from erics rig either
chads video needs to be examined for phothop cgi
yup same kind of rigor expected from a ufo vid

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok, I got a real stupid question for everyone, I do understand the concept that the earth revolves, and our views of the stars changes. Back in the fall I could see Orion due east, plain as day, I would see it when I left work, and one day it just disappeared. Then, I found it again a few months later due south. It was almost like a glitch in the Matrix, for lack of a better term. If it was a progression from east to south, I could understand, but to disappear, then pop up in a totally different place? Please enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

From outside my back door, 5 minutes ago, Workington, Cumbria, UK:

Unfortunately the Moon wont be dancing with them tonight as it is further down.
edit on 31/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Even though most people dont look up at the sky at night too often , the fact is there's a """""ing massive spaceship travelling in orbit around this planet as you read this .

On other posts put here on ats recently , it's evident that some people have noticed the unusually bright 'star' which rises and sets along the path the moon usually takes .
There are however two stars which travel together , a short distance between them (depending on current distance away) and these 2 stars denote the front and the back of the ship .

As a sign of its presence to earth , the spacecraft has met the moon when it is full , at least twice now in the last 2 lunar months . It has been in a near earth orbit for the last 3 months at least .

A good indicator of its proximity , is that when at the horizons (due east or due west) the distance between the ends of the ship appears greater , just as the moon appears larger when near the horizon . This is down to the magnifying effect of earths atmosphere.

To refute any argument that it is Jupiter , (as iphone spacemaps pretend) then 1 planets should appear much nearer the southerly horizon than the spaceship does - it follows the path of the moons orbit, ie around the equator .
And 2 , Jupiter does not have a 'fixing' with another star that travels with it , as it has done , in a constantly fixed pattern for 3 months now - a planet being much closer than other luminaries , travels across the sky and away from other background stars .

To refute any argument that it is Procyon (canis minor) then that star is the 7th brightest in the night sky - while the spaceships front end is the brightest 'star' by __far to be seen in the night sky at the present time .

Spacemaps on iphones are in disagreement - one program denotes the ship's front end as Procyon , while another program denotes the ships front end as Jupiter and the back end (not as bright) as Aldebaran.

While the midsection is not lit , there are several other lights in triangle shape which appear visible in variable arrangements , as we look (northern hemisphere) , to the right hand side of the ship .

Has anyone else noticed this thing ? There's a lot more I could mention , such as the revelation prophecy of it's being the New Jerusalem (translated The Praised City) of chapter 22 - the last page of the Bible.
Since cheats , the abominative and liars are to be 'banned' by it , the arrival of this ship is heralded already as very good news for the earth , bringing the universal moral law into effect here , hopefully , forevermore !

Do people wear blindfolds at night or will the guilty (how many are there??) be afraid , how long will it be until humankind wakes up to this visiting spaceship so close to the earth ?
From the revelation of 9/11 which I helped to warn everyone about - governments are not in favour , and there nothing they can do against the power this spaceship carries .
I suggest all who can then repent to the Lord of the Worlds - commonly known as 'God' - asking forgiveness for the unbeleif and evil acts currently so prevalent among mankind , even so , as things still are in disarray. Who would, looking down, be impressed with the ignorant human race , or the governments which hold such clearly false balances ?

As the books of prophecy state - a clearance (of mankind) is in order - similar to what happened in Noah's time .
People might not beleive in prophecy , but , which such immense power on show , right now , what's a few thousand years to a ship like that ??

Sometimes you just have to beleive the truth - the facts of life are not something you can deny all the time .
This is life, remember that - shortly enough its going to be trouble if you dont . Sorry about that !!

Has everyone missed this

Sorry I haven't read all the posts but do you not think that this would be all over the news/net right now ? some amateur astronomer would of told his/her friends about this amazing find and this news would of spread like wildfire over the net and mainstream they just couldn't hide something like this, Where is your proof?
you have nothing that proves what your saying, I bet you have connections with Blossom Goodchild or Marshal masters.

[snip]
edit on 31-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Ok, I got a real stupid question for everyone, I do understand the concept that the earth revolves, and our views of the stars changes. Back in the fall I could see Orion due east, plain as day, I would see it when I left work, and one day it just disappeared. Then, I found it again a few months later due south. It was almost like a glitch in the Matrix, for lack of a better term. If it was a progression from east to south, I could understand, but to disappear, then pop up in a totally different place? Please enlighten me.

Since towards the end of August, the constellation of Orion has been visible towards the eastern horizon in the early morning hours, say 5 am to 6 am.

As the days have progressed since then, Orion has been moving further and further west, to where now at this time in the morning, you'll see the constellation of Orion on the western horizon.

If you "lost" it for a few months, then found it again, it's had more than enough time to "move" (rather our Earth has progressed in it's orbit about the sun). This isn't a "glitch". This is the natural progression that the stars take due to the Earth's movement about the sun.

In the coming months, as you get up that early, Orion will sink lower into the sky to where it is no longer visible when you go outside at that time. It will have set already.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MassiveBellend

Sorry.. Off topic.. But your username made me pmsl.. Just chiming in to say thanks lol

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The stars rise 4 minutes earlier each day. The moon rises about an hour later each day.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

excuse me but you are doing a terrible job
of debunking this
your knowledge of celestial mechanics needs brushing up
the t&c keeps me from commenting on on your christmas argument
you also seem to assume this particular asterism/conjunction happens yearly
sheesh
it's making the op look like he may have something after all

Please re-read my post and explain yourself. I am discussing how Jupiter's motion appears from the Earth, simplifying such matters as retrograde motion and parallax for the sake of ease of comprehension. Nowhere do I imply that that Christmas conjunction is an annual event. It will not repeat for another 11 years, and it won't happen at Christmas that time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You sure are out to collect STARS here.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

There is an older thread with exactly the same title as this... making the same proposers claim. Too lazy and disinterested to look it up, at the moment.

I can say with relative certainty that there is no giant spaceship in orbit around Earth.

I could be wrong, but probably not.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've seen a massive ufo or object in general i guess go across the full moon once.

So i dont know. personally i believe there has to be something out there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by MassiveBellend

Sorry.. Off topic.. But your username made me pmsl.. Just chiming in to say thanks lol

lmao...star from me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join