It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helpful suggestions for dealing with an apparent night time visitor to my little boy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have only read the first page of replies, short on time at the moment. One thing to consider is children are able to see things that we adults have tuned out. It could be that there is some thing he is actually seeing. I will read through more of the replies when I have time. Just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My lad has seen a hooded figure a few times sitting at the end of his bed, scared the crap out of him

Just give him support and assure him that what ever it is it doesnt want to and cannot hurt him in any way. But make sure you dont shrug off his experience as this will make him feel alone.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yes. Both my kids did this.

Children are not conditioned to filter out anything - they are very open and see everything. The trick is not to dismiss it. Terry Pratchett (a British fantasy author) captured this exceedingly well in one of his books and the Poker became the weapon of choice for monsters under the bed.

However, my remedy was to use a banishing ritual on the room. After I banished whatever my kids could see I used the banishing pentagram to seal the windows, door and fireplace against any outside influence. We never had any further problems. They both slept soundly since then.

My advice is to be seen to accept it and be seen to deal with it.

X

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh, and this might be a little OT... but for the life of my I can't see any serious harm to allowing your frightened child to crawl into bed with you. My parents did NOT allow me into their bedroom at night, and I believe it made my nightmares and fears even worse -- not to mention the fact that as a little kid I didn't understand why they wouldn't comfort me when I was really terrified. But, I hold no grudges about it. I am sure they were doing what they believed to be best. Parenting is tough, and I know they made decisions out of love.

While I do gently encourage my kids (again, both very young - under 4) to go back to bed, I have no problem making room for them in our bed if they need it. My feeling as a parent is that if my kid was scared in the daytime, you can bet I'd give them hugs and the chance to talk about it, and try to soothe them. Why would it be any different at night? They aren't suddenly alone at night, having to deal with whatever fears they are facing by themselves.

Also, frankly, kids are only little for such a short while. The nights when one (or very rarely two) end up cuddling up with me are actually very sweet memories for me. Really precious moments.

Having said all of that - every parent, every child, every family is different. What works in one family may not work in another. As long as a child is loved and cared for - to each his own.

edit on 31-12-2012 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Can we please leave guns and weapons out of this discussion completely? Way off topic. I know it wasn't your suggestion - but let's not get off topic here.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My cat some times freezes in place and starts staring at one spot intensely and it freaks me out. There is never anything that I can see where it looks. It's said that animals and young children have a better ability to see so called "paranormal" entities. Not saying that's what it is, but it's one explanation.
edit on 30/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Your Cat is seeing something. A Cat's depth perception is so keen He/She can see a pissant crossing a carpet down an almost totally dark hallway. (I am not dismissing their mystical prowess.)

As for Kids I will not at this time speak of any of the things I saw as a Child. Enough to say it was harrowing.

I would not over-react but I would not take it lightly.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I had a similar problem with one of my daughters when she was young. The way i dealt

with it was to take her back into her room leaving the glow of the hall light into the room

and sat with her reassuring her that there was nothing there and it must have been a bad

dream comforting her till she went back to sleep. This happened two or three times and

then she seemed to have got over it.

The reason for me trying to solve the problem in her own bedroom was because i believed

that it was her room, her personal space and sanctuary, and therefor needed to feel and

be safe there. That was also the reason that she was never sent up to her room as

a 'punishment.'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

That is a known symptom for sleep paralysis, does he have bad dreams or night terrors?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Back when my daughter was about 2 and a half , we had moved into an apartment where our former friend and neighbor had lived for many years with her husband. He passed away in the apartment and she had lived there several years alone until she went to live with family.

There was a great kitchen in this place with a single detached wall that backed onto the living room. In the kitchen portion of that wall was the sink and cupboards. I was doing dishes in the early evening one day when I heard my daughter talking away to herself. Babbling like little ones do. Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

The babbling was unusual on this occasion...she'd been playing and talking to herself...then she started having what sounded like conversations..speaking then waiting for a reply or listening to a reply...then more speaking...

I stepped around the corner and asked "Who yah talking to honey bunny?" and saw her standing there with a HUGE smile on her face holding one of her cookies up out in front of her...

"Mummy! He wants some..."

She was absolutely BEAMING while she told me this...she turned back around smiling at the air (at adult height) and still offering her cookie to "him".

My daughter didn't know anyone had passed away in there. She was not even 3 and had no concept of death. She was sharing her cookie and she was right proud of herself too. Dead, alive or imaginary...there were cookies to be had.

I am certain it was Mr. Halliday. He'd woken up one night as his wife Stella had told me before she moved out, and had thought he was going to be sick...he stumbled to the bathroom, got his head over the toilet and promptly died there.

I never felt frightened or uncomfortable in that apartment but I always kid of felt like a guest...not quite at home. A few weeks later my daughter an I were snuggling and watching TV when she suddenly whipped her hand up, started waving down the hallway toward the bathroom and calling, "Hi!"

Startled the crap out of me on that one as it was truly out of the blue. I didn't hear a thing...didn't see a thing.

Over the next few days I would periodically announce to the "apartment" that Stella was safe and had gone to live with the kids in BC and that if Mr. Halliday was around that he'd find her there. I felt silly doing it but...

The reality is that kids will do odd things that don't always have a rational explanation. So do parents.

I didn't immediately conclude it was a ghost...I really didn't officially make up my mind until the second instance...there had been other times before that where her babblings sounded more like an actual conversation...things going bump in the night...weird coughing noises coming from the bathroom...things being moved...

I went through all of the rational explanations and some of the occurrences definitely could be environmental, building related or sound traveling between apartments...so I explained away MY experiences...but witnessing my daughter's experiences was a little different. I think it was the innocent acceptance that she was seeing something or someone that was to her...quite real. They were just there...she never asked if I could see him, never asked me who he was or what he was...he just was. I still marvel at it...I don't think she saw him after that last wave and "Hi" down the hallway...as far as I know she never had anything like it happen again and she's 24 now.

As a parent you do know what is "normal" or typical play or fear reactions in your kid...I would be cautious though about asking too many questions or "leading" questions in regards to things that go bump in the night. It could feed the fears and imagination. There are almost always rational explanations for things we deem as "unidentified" or unknown...ghosts and ghouls shouldn't be the number one go-to explanation.

If the behaviour is sudden and you know there haven't been contributing factors (TV shows, older kids telling ghosty stories, adults forgetting little ones are in the room while they talk....) then go by your instinct and handle it delicately.

I read most of the replies but you didn't mention how your kiddo is the day after these events? Normal behaviour? (aside from being tired no doubt) have they tried to communicate to you about what they might have seen in the dark (without you asking them)? Is there a window that might be casting a shadow, trees outside that might cast shadow? Pets that might startle a little one in the dark? When you're little everything looks totally different in the dark...maybe they wake suddenly and don't recognize the darkened room and get spooked? Any mobiles hanging in the room?

Maybe your kiddo is really seeing something maybe not...tough to say when they're little.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I was a non-believer in these things, until last year. I had a realization that I likely had some type of entity in my house. My wife put a small bowl of salt in each of the four corners of the house, and the activity seems to have stopped inside the house. I still have something going on in my workshop.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here is the way I look at this. My son is the most important thing in my life, he is my world. Yes he sleeps in his own bed but as I said he will usually wake up and crawl in bed with me. I don't see a problem with it. He is two and a half. It's not like he is 6 or 7. In fact I think when we as parents deny our children comfort and love it comes back to bite us in the ass. I think that's part of the problem with society today. So go ahead and knock my parenting I'm not concerned. I know I am an excellent father.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Someone asked if I had talked to him the next day? I did but like I said he is two and a half so all he would say was yes he saw something and then he was on to talking about his choo-chews.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There are many possible reasons for this some of which are nothing to worry about so I would urge you not to over react. Still one must always check so I would attempt to observe what it is exactly that is setting him off.

A Child's mind is highly suggestive so something as simple as car lights reflecting into the room could be the cause. Then again it could be something tangible so as far as a child's welfare is concerned I would not ignore the issue.

You might wish to place a digital video camera in the room one that will give you a wide view.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What prompted me to write this asking for advice from other parents that have encountered this is that this is the first time he has acted this way.
edit on 31-12-2012 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What prompted me to write this asking for advice from other parents that have encountered this is that this is the first time he has acted this way.
edit on 31-12-2012 by w810i because: (no reason given)

w810i maybe your kid can tune in with the paranormal and see things you can't, it could be a ghost or a shadow being as you say the air was colder in the exact spot your kid was pointing at.

I would let it go, but burn some incense or sage in both your and his room just in case it happens again, to drive away that negative energy (it feeds on fear).

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'd be curious to see the videos if you decide to get a web cam. Keep us posted. I already mentioned this but if your child can draw maybe he can draw out what he saw, but guessing he is too young for that too.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Thats a pretty dumb thing to say, what "perfect" country do you hail from?
Spit it out so I can tear you apart.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by w810i

May I ask, the next time this happens to you, try to say, " in the name of The Lord Jesus Christ depart from me". I do not mean to offend you, but see how the boy reacts when that happens, perhaps?

I do not mean to push my beliefs on you. Just offering a suggestion to try.

I am not particularly religious but I do accept Jesus and I have to say that this has worked for me every time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

imho,

Guy Malone is best experienced and equipped to give you input on such a case.

www.ANCIENTofDAYS.net...

alienresistance.org...

At some level it does not matter if it is purported fallen angel/ET critters or demonic forces, the same warfare applies. There's no need to have your home or little boy plagued with such goings on. It only gets worse.

May you find freedom and release from such a plague.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'll see how it proceeds over the next couple of weekends. If it continues I'll take some videos

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join