It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you memeing about name here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That this garnered no response is so indicative of the collective state of humanity. We have an amazing tool at our fingertips and rather jack it to golden symbolism (that's pixels on yo screen for those not so inclined).

maybe the adage about idle hands needs an update for the 21st century mayhaps: Idle minds are the devils play things.

meh what evs check the video it's a highlighter (that's a hole in the wall for those so inclined :p)

edit on 26-12-2012 by usernamehere because: sky-net made me do it

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

I didn't understand a single thing you said. Went to the linked thread, and it was interesting.

I only clicked on this thread because it mentioned meme's. perhaps you can clarify what you are saying?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
turned it off at 55 seconds. it seems like pro-social media propaganda - advocating loss of privacy rights.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by usernamehere

I didn't understand a single thing you said. Went to the linked thread, and it was interesting.

I only clicked on this thread because it mentioned meme's. perhaps you can clarify what you are saying?

Well, Texan, I'm with you on not understanding a thing the OP said. But, unfortunately, I couldn't muster enough interest in the video to do anything more than skip through and listen to a few seconds here and there. And, even then, all I could do was roll my eyes....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think he is talking about a relative??

We called grandma meme for years. I just must be past the age of understanding.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Look at the graphical data plotting this one guy did. What is his point? I gather he is studying how language is learned via the relationship of caregivers to learners. People have been learning to talk without any sciency intervention for quite some time, do we really need to dissect the hows and whys and make improvements? Seems like a huge waste of time.

When I saw the "wordscape" I instantly thought of one thing: What do you think the NSA is doing with video, audio and language data with THEIR capabilities. Let THAT sink in.

Apparently the guy in the video is speaking of subject matter well above the pay grade of your average ATS user.

edit on 26-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ehh...belay my last.
edit on 12/26/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What is this meme that you are searching for?
Look around, memes' everywhere

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The implications are scary as hell. But one would be extremely naive to think that what Deb Roy is talking about isn't a black budget line item as well.

The concept of what is being employed here....it is why I do not use the Kinect on my XBox (sold the one we got with the new system, never had one on the older one). The new XBox (dubbed the 720 by some online gamers) is going to be able to differentiate speech patterns and facial expressions between 4 people simultaneously. Combine that with the NSA mandate that all recorded surveillance be given to them via a backdoor (yes, even your home security system), and it is easy to see that the concepts employed by Deb Roy are already being put to use, and likely do our ultimate demise.

The topc in the OP is very interesting. But all he really did was swipe it from another poster. And he did this by lamenting the lack of attention the original thread was receiving. Instead of just posting in that original thread and "bumping" it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
What is this meme that you are searching for?
Look around, memes' everywhere

Even your avatar, huh?

BTW, i like the stylization you gave our National Paint Huffer.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks!
I wanted to give him that "in a gallery" look

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks!
I wanted to give him that "in a gallery" look

The style of the color/texture is a dead ringer for the style that SkepticOverlord and Springer use. All you need now is some official ATS stuff on there, and you would fit the Site Ownership avatar themepack all too well.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Apparently the guy in the video is speaking of subject matter well above the pay grade of your average ATS user.

Seems that way.

As for the alleged rip off of content if you follow my posting you will see this is something I have been having a continual dialogue on this website about for an extended period now. If people are struggling with this though it seems there is little point.

Awake is the new sleep

Witness dead people

new topics

top topics

join