It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus, 30,000 years and lots of paint.. The cave unlocked??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In the documentary, they say that the Nile once ran right along next to the Pyramids.
There are three dots on the "map" which I, at first, thought could be location markers for the Pyramids.. But now I think they are more to do with the constellation of Cygnus. The three dots being the body and wings of Cygnus.

The way they are lined up and arranged threw me off a bit and it wasn't until I saw another picture that it confirmed the difference. Also we see three tracks of the Nile, One of which runs along the direction that is described in the documentary.

That image, above, is not adjusted to straighten it up..it's as it is in the caves.

In this next image we see Cygnus as it is in the sky, so to speak..
This, roughly, aligns the marks on the 'map' with the stars in the sky..

So.. if they've marked these three stars, why do we associate the Pyramids with Orions belt?
Mostly because we forget that the Pyramids lign up with both sets.. and that Cygnus came first.. the bird was the image for a matriarchal society after all...

Now here is the picture of the suggested route of the Nile in the documentary;

They're saying the Nile 'moved' itself all that way across the land to its current position..
The old 'map' in the cave suggests there were three routes.. Perhaps one has dried up or was deliberately redirected or blocked off in order to stear the water away from the sites.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Now to connect the Chauvet caves with Lascaux and bring them both together to join up with the Dogon tribe, whom still exist along with their own art...

In Chauvet i saw this image all on its own.. it has no apparent purpose and looks like nothing I can think of, (though it does kinda remind me of the 'open pit' pyramid from the doc.)

So off i went looking into the other cave paintings of Lascaux and others..
In Lascaux I found this..

Very similar.. shame the portion of the rock on the left has fallen away.. Seems we're missing a part of that image.

Ok.. so i carried on looking for other things of similarity.. and then found a more decisive set of lines..

Then I was sat watching the docu. and was introduced to the art of the Dogon tribe.. and lo and behold, there on the wall was this..

It might be just a few sets of lines arranged into a rectangular box... but it connects the lot..

also to add from the Lascaux caves there was this little image tucked away ..

look familiar?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Then I was sat watching the docu. and was introduced to the art of the Dogon tribe.. and lo and behold, there on the wall was this..

Is that Doctor Who?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sheer Pareidolia!! Nothing else.
and in some parts deliberate Pareidolia.

But, have to admit it, you have huge imagination. if it were put to good old fashioned work, it would be fruitful.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Well perhaps you'd like to explain how me 'seeing things' led me to find the crater near Tehran and how the everything worked out..

I see this often where people just dismiss it as pareidolia yet they fail to express their opinion on how all the other connections were made.
It's as if the excuse of 'seeing what I want to see' is the only 'get-out-clause' they really have.

How do we explain how some images are replicated elsewhere (the "eye" and the crater region for example) or maybe even this more recent match ..

notice how the eye of the rhino is Baghdad, the horn is to the left of Baghdad, the ears of the rhino can be seen in the green terrain curling over and even the river has a very similar line near the rhino. And it is all almost whithin perfect positioning.

Please explain how this is pareidolia and not an ancient method of expressing something that is only intended for a certain group of people to see and understand, ie those with the intelligence and ability to understand what really has been drawn on the cave wall.

As for another connection.. Remember the lion on that seems to have been designed on the surface of the Earth, with its forelegs off the ground and its tail in the air.???
Check this little guy out..

This 'lion', with his forelegs off the ground and his tail in the air is on a cave wall...
In TEXAS!!!!

How do these connections and extremely similar images end up being "something someone wants, or imagines, they want to see"??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The eye of Horus goes back much further than the age of the Egyptians. If you keep going back further and further into the ancient texts, you will find that it was, in fact, originally the symbol of Azazel, (aka Semjaza and Samlazaz), the leader of the fallen angels spoken of in Genesis and in much more detail in the Book of Enoch I. This is one bad entity, and Revelations points to him being the beast, the leader of the "scorpions", who will be let out to torture humankind for 5 months. Plus, his kids were giants who ate people. Small wonder they were so scared of him.

His name, Azazel, can be translated two ways: "strong one of God" or, in his case, given the evidence, "belligerent towards God".

His full-on symbol is a goat-headed man, with the "eye of Horus" as his only visible eye (the head is always facing one direction), and a flame floats above his head. Later, for simplification purposes, I suppose, people simply began to denote him with just the eye. (Which is also a symbol for a mathematical ratio, btw.)

Someone else summed it up beautifully, so why reinvent the wheel?:

ENOCH 8:1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. . . . (The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, R.H. Charles)

ENOCH 10:1 Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, 2 and said to him: 'Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come 3 upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. And now instruct him that he may escape 4 and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.' And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. . . . 8 . . . the whole earth has been corrupted 9 through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin. (The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, R.H. Charles)

(So, does this crater happen to be anywhere near ancient Dudael? I haven't checked into it yet. Perhaps somebody map-minded could look into this.)

ENOCH 54:3 And there mine eyes saw how they made these their instruments, iron chains of immeasurable weight. 4 And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: "For whom are these chains being prepared? And he said unto me: "These are being prepared for the hosts of Azazel, so that they may take them and cast them into the Abyss of complete condemnation, and they shall cover their jaws with rough stones as the Lord of Spirits commanded. 6 And Michael, and Gabriel, and Raphael, and Phanuel shall take hold of them on that great day, and cast them on that day into the burning furnace, that the Lord of Spirits may take vengeance on them for their unrighteousness in becoming subject to Satan and leading astray those who dwell on the earth." (The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, R.H. Charles)

Backing this up we have biblical references:

JUDE 6 And the angels who did not keep their own position, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains in deepest darkness for the judgment of the great Day. 7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which, in the same manner as they [the angels], indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (NRSV)

II PETER 2:4 . . . God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; (NKJV)

I PETER 3:19 . . . He [Messiah] went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. (NKJV)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The existence of Azazel explains the Jewish tradition of sacrificing two goats. From Leviticus 16:6- 16:34 we get:
6 And Aaron shall offer the bull as a sin offering for himself, and shall make atonement for himself and for his house.
7 Then he shall take the two goats, and set them before the LORD at the door of the tent of meeting;
8 and Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats, one lot for the LORD and the other lot for Azazel.
9 And Aaron shall present the goat on which the lot fell for the LORD, and offer it as a sin offering;
10 but the goat on which the lot fell for Azazel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel.
11 Aaron shall present the bull as a sin offering for himself, and shall make atonement for himself and for his house; he shall kill the bull as a sin offering for himself.
12 And he shall take a censer full of coals of fire from the altar before the LORD, and two handfuls of sweet incense beaten small; and he shall bring it within the veil
13 and put the incense on the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat which is upon the testimony, lest he die;
14 and he shall take some of the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it with his finger on the front of the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle the blood with his finger seven times.
15 Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering which is for the people, and bring its blood within the veil, and do with its blood as he did with the blood of the bull, sprinkling it upon the mercy seat and before the mercy seat;
16 thus he shall make atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleannesses of the people of Israel, and because of their transgressions, all their sins; and so he shall do for the tent of meeting, which abides with them in the midst of their uncleannesses.
17 There shall be no man in the tent of meeting when he enters to make atonement in the holy place until he comes out and has made atonement for himself and for his house and for all the assembly of Israel.
18 Then he shall go out to the altar which is before the LORD and make atonement for it, and shall take some of the blood of the bull and of the blood of the goat, and put it on the horns of the altar round about.
19 And he shall sprinkle some of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it and hallow it from the uncleannesses of the people of Israel.
20 And when he has made an end of atoning for the holy place and the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall present the live goat;
21 and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins; and he shall put them upon the head of the goat, and send him away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who is in readiness.
22 The goat shall bear all their iniquities upon him to a solitary land; and he shall let the goat go in the wilderness.
23 Then Aaron shall come into the tent of meeting, and shall put off the linen garments which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there;
24 and he shall bathe his body in water in a holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering and the burnt offering of the people, and make atonement for himself and for the people.
25 And the fat of the sin offering he shall burn upon the altar.
26 And he who lets the goat go to Azazel shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.
27 And the bull for the sin offering and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall be carried forth outside the camp; their skin and their flesh and their dung shall be burned with fire.
28 And he who burns them shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.
29 And it shall be a statute to you for ever that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict yourselves, and shall do no work, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you;
30 for on this day shall atonement be made for you, to cleanse you; from all your sins you shall be clean before the LORD.
31 It is a sabbath of solemn rest to you, and you shall afflict yourselves; it is a statute for ever.
32 And the priest who is anointed and consecrated as priest in his father's place shall make atonement, wearing the holy linen garments;
33 he shall make atonement for the sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tent of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly.
34 And this shall be an everlasting statute for you, that atonement may be made for the people of Israel once in the year because of all their sins."

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Apply the same reasoning to a map of Iraq of around 1000 years back, could you? or to a map of the world featuring all those countries you mentioned in your posts.
Geological Features change shape and size and location over the ages.
Rivers shift.
Lakes Shrink.
New Lakes form up.
Erosion occurs.
Deforestation Occurs.
Plentiful plains and grasslands turn into deserts.

How can a cave painting, thousands of years old, be a real time overlay to the changing face of our planet's geological features?

Geographical Borders for countries are a modern construct.
Ancient cavemen surely didn't make them.
and here are you , trying to match new geographical boundaries with a caveman's picture.

Good Try.
But it doesn't work.
Apply logical thinking. Not fanciful and wishful thinking.
edit on 20/3/13 by coredrill because: to correct typos

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
Apply the same reasoning to a map of Iraq of around 1000 years back, could you? or to a map of the world featuring all those countries you mentioned in your posts.
Geological Features change shape and size and location over the ages.
Rivers shift.
Lakes Shrink.
New Lakes form up.
Erosion occurs.
Deforestation Occurs.
Plentiful plains and grasslands turn into deserts.

How can a cave painting, thousands of years old, be a real time overlay to the changing face of our planet's geological features?

Geographical Borders for countries are a modern construct.
Ancient cavemen surely didn't make them.
and here are you , trying to match new geographical boundaries with a caveman's picture.

Good Try.
But it doesn't work.
Apply logical thinking. Not fanciful and wishful thinking.
edit on 20/3/13 by coredrill because: to correct typos

You'd like to think that was correct, wouldn't you..

how about the Atacama which is compared to the Mars landscape, devoid of life. It only rains once in a decade, and is the driest place on earth. The soil dates back 10-15 million years ago, yet we see this below. DNA has been extracted and plants did exist 10-15 million years ago. So what is it we are seeing here? As no plants have grown here in 10-15 million years, are these ruins that old? If not, how old are they and how did these people keep themselves established?

Sometimes people need to take a step backwards and open their eyes and have a second look at things before jumpong to conclusions and having a good rant about the first thing they can think of. We need to open our minds to possibilities that currently seem to be impossible..especially since we used to believe the earth was flat and we would sail off the edge of the world if we whent too far..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i hope everybody is aware os the assumptions being proposed here...i believe the Mediterranean map to be just a coincidence...

the explosion though with the animals running away seems more likely to be a volcanic event

but still the Art is frikin awesome and blows my mind...

art was one of the first things man really took the grasp of...the level of detail is outstanding..my dream is to watch them doing it through a time machine

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
you will end up seeing rivers and maps everywhere..sorry but that could not have happened

this is simple..if they had the techonology to know the planet..we would have found some relics by now

we found only these..

Cavemen with tools

i cant see how people cant accept the reality of the story...this is what we found...this is what they had...they could not have done maps

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why bring Atacama into this now?
We humans are conditioned to thrive in all adversity.
What makes you think that the ancient inhabitants of the Atacama never tired their hand at agriculture in that area at all?
What makes you think that this particular area has not been farmed for thousands of years?

I was talking about the chauvet paintings, on which you are overlaying a modern depiction of iraq, formed from a google earth snap, with the borders of the country, shown.

My points, being stated again

• The painting in the Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc Cave has been dated to 30,000–32,000 BP
• Has the geography, geology of the middle east (the discussion being your depiction of iraq in conjunction with the painting) stayed unchanged since 30,000–32,000 BP? Hasn't there been geographical, geological and climatic changes?
• The geographical borders of a country or even longitudes and latitudes are modern constructs and were not simply present for the cave men to think about in 30,000–32,000 BP.

So, isnt correlating the geographical borders and geological features of a particular area to a cave painting made thousands of years ago, a fancy goose chase?

If you can by some means get a depiction of how the middle east (to be particular, the area of iraq) looked and overlay it on the cave painting from 30,000–32,000 BP and let us see how your correlation sticks up.

try it.

Of course. We have to keep our eyes open, our minds open, think outside the box BUT "Think outside the box with a pinch of Common Sense"

and please do not try to divert the topic else where when posed a question.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love this thread!
The cave pictures and their potential meanings were fantastic.

I have always taught my children, all excellent artists, never to knock their gift of art.

Only Art survives! Only Art is left to teach the future generations about the past. A clever artist can teach a lot from just one picture.......if the 'watcher' is able to understand.

Excellent!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Extralien:

The animal you identified as a donkey in this thread is, in fact, a Przewalski's horse, which is native to Mongolia.

The drawings are likely all P's horse. The bottom drawing was completed. The others were not.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The pic you call a "birdman" is an elephant.

Also, note the Assyrian birdman's calf looks like an eye. I always wondered why Assyrian and Sumerian art accentuated the calf. It was staring me in the face. Pun intended.
edit on 3/21/13 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 123143
Extralien:

The animal you identified as a donkey in this thread is, in fact, a Przewalski's horse, which is native to Mongolia.

The drawings are likely all P's horse. The bottom drawing was completed. The others were not.

Which is interesting if you're right.. it gives us the question of how far did these horses spread, or how far did these ancient people spread? Either way, it's an interesting species to find on a cave wall in France..

As for the birdman/elephant, it does have claws for feet..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I can't remember the source right now but will post it if I do. The bird/elephant was there described as an elephant because of the trunk and drum-shaped feet.

Only the artist knows for sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 123143

I do see whyat you're saying, but all of these images have multiple 'expressions'. In other words, there's more to it than meets the eye.

In this picture you will see that number 1 is the elephants trunk. Number 2 looks like an arm with a cupped hand reaching from behind the elephant. The 'arms' outline also forms part of the outline of the trunk. The arm seperates the trunk from the birds beak. The bird beak is number 3. You might notice how it lines up with the main head portion. I feel the reason they do this is to save on space and repetition also to hide or blend in other things they were trying to say etc. What's odd for me now is that I see everything I've previously mentioned far easier than i can see the main original image. There are sections that "might" and I mean might, be showing us other things too, but I need to yet confirm all of that.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm still working on this and going over things as I do feel there may be something important going on here.

One image in particular has grabbed the attention of myself and several others who have seen it andI had a bit of a brain wave and decided to mirror it in order to make it easier for people to see.

This is the image I'm refering to... (will post the mirrored image below it)

And here is the mirrored image.

I've just thought that I should be able to improve onthis image by showing more of the head itself. Problem is, what scale did the original face have? Yes it looks human, but it also doesn't. It's hard to know how far apart the nostrils should be especially when compared to the original.

So, after a bit of quick messing around.. the full head..

edit on 17-5-2013 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join