It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus, 30,000 years and lots of paint.. The cave unlocked??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When you look at this picture, what do you think you see?

A crater?
Don’t know?
Eye of Horus?
Or maybe this one?

A blob of paint?
Don’t know?
Eye of Horus?
Or this one?

Eye of Horus perhaps?
What have these three similar symbols got in common with each other and how do they connect?
One is an area of land on the surface of Earth, another is an image for the ancient Egyptian God, Horus. The final one is, well, very strikingly like the eye of Horus, but it was painted somewhere between 20,000 to 30,000 years ago.

So what brought these three images together? Luck? Random events combining, or something else? Whatever it was, it seemed to be something that had no explanation, yet had the possible chance of something paranormal, or spiritual, occurring.

It was December the 21st, 2012… the end of the world.. Approximately 1PM (UK time) when I had sat down to watch a documentary and saw this image;

My immediate reaction was recognizing it as a depiction of the eye of Horus. But there are several odd things about this image that has sent me on a treasure hunt. What I have found is baffling me, yet it makes almost perfect sense and with every step I make I find more that leads me somewhere else, yet all the roads seem to lead to Rome. There is a treasure, of sorts, to be found here.

The documentary that I found this image in can be found, and discussed, here "Cave of Forgotten Dreams". Further info about the video can be found here, www.imdb.com...

Well, this “eye” was painted somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 year ago! That’s oddity number one. The next oddity is that this is a multiple layered image. There is another eye which helps to form the side of a face.
Together, these two images are supposed to be the head of a horse.. but the horses body is on another ‘level’ of the rock. A natural rock line cuts the head from the horse along the neck. The horse is also not as definite or as deeply painted as the image of Horus. This method of painting is seen throughout the cave and is part of the key to unlocking what the pictures describe.

The pictures are much more than just simple art of animals and unusual things.

First off, as mentioned, all the images are multi layered and oh so subtly drawn. Some are suggestive, others show something else if you look at it differently, either from a frontal position or at an angle. Outlines are not always completed. One image blends with another image to hide the image that the two create or are part of. Sometimes, what seems like a random line is actually quite significant or suggestive. Various degrees of lighting also plays an important part in this too. A little light, a lot of light or the flickering light of flames add movement combined with the masterful painting techniques

The entire painting was planned. It is like asking Michelangelo to paint the Sistine chapel. Somebody with immense skill and knowledge of art has hidden a message but has also included a story, their ability to think, their language and possibly far more than I have yet seen.

I’d like to go over everything I have found, but that might stretch this out much further than needed. There are some images that have just left me baffled and stunned as to the extreme cleverness of the artist, yet also the differences between the ‘master’ image and the image hidden within it.

For example, here we see a picture of what appears to be a bear or lion. But there is another image within this one that is not instantly picked out.

Look at the bear/lions head.. it’s ears are not ears.. they’re the eyes of a feline.. more of a cat than a lion.. The eye and curved cheek line of the bear/lion is in fact the nose and mouth of the feline.
If you look carefully, you can even see whiskers and the “whisker freckle” cats have. It’s an unusual looking breed and may possibly now be extinct.. but why hide this image in such a manner? I may have an answer for that and will include this later.

We need to get an understanding of the amount of detail that has been put into this cave painting. Seeing the minute stuff sometimes opens up parts of the picture that were not visible before.
This looks like a vase that has a ‘stopper’ or plug in the top of it.

Several things to note here, firstly, the right side of the vase seems to have been painted over with white in order to hide the edge, which distracts your view from what the item really is.. As for it being a vase, you can see shadow on the top right of the neck… then there are 4 subtle lines that travel across the vase horizontally in order to give the vase its curved surface. But again, these lines go over the edge of the vase …another distraction technique.

But here the vase seems to become part of two mountains. Is this suggesting that they stored and preserved food and also took it with them on long journeys.. Trading perhaps?
There may be more evidence to support that later on..

That is just another example of how clever this painting is. It would appear that somebody only wanted certain things to be seen.. but once a certain level of intelligence had been reached by anyone else, then they were able to look deeper into it.. revealing the full story..

Whilst going through the pictures, I came across a rather unusual image.. it’s a bit like an optical illusion.. If you can’t see, you’ll never see it…but once you’ve seen it, it will always be there.. we have to realise the skill and the techniques these people used to create this.. the low light they may have had, the states of mind they may have been in..

It looks like a bracelet but it has a picture of a man who appears to be wearing a hat made of blockwork.. The blockwork seems to have a rather furious rat sticking his face out, like he is trying to break free. At the top of the hat, it looks like a tower on the right, with flames coming from its top. To the left of the tower, you can see what appears to be more flames, shooting up and making a big black cloud of smoke.

If you cannot see it in this image, then perhaps you might when you see a slightly larger area of the picture. The man has a short beard, but a very long curving moustache. He looks like military, or high noble type.. or like a Sikh from Pakistan/India…
The ‘bracelet’ forms part of the lions neck, like a collar..

How or why this image would be incorporated into a picture of wild animals running free is anyone’s guess.. but IMO, these animals are a distraction. They form part of everything, the lines are part of something else which isn’t there yet makes up bits of other stuff.. This really is an incredible piece of work.
Let’s have a look at a few more things before I take you on towards the images that connect the dots at the top of this thread.

This one I’ve not yet got my head around, but it is suggestive of structure, measurement, form, the ability to have perspective and depth of field. This may be one of the keys deliberately left behind with which you unlock the rest of the paintings. That and the eye of Horus. I only need to find an Ankh and it’ll be guaranteed.. In the documentary, they say this is an insect !!!

edit on 26-12-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don’t think so.. this is a small but important point deliberately left in a place to be seen, we’re just not looking at it in the right way.. There are other examples of lines that seem to be building blocks, one I will show you in a while..

The biggest problem with this painting is that if you start in one place, you get lead up the garden path, around the mulberry bush and directed right back to where you started from.. It’s a never ending circle. More keeps unfolding as you progress but you end up at the start chasing the links.
This image struck me rather deeply.. It is in an obscure place, but what is it and why is it so ‘outta the way’?

In my mind, it looks like a half man half fish crawling out of water up a steep bank. Does this mean to tell us that these people knew we evolved from the sea? We crawled out to become what we are. I believe there is more to this picture, which I may have already found, but if you spot it be a bit tactful. You’ll understand what I mean if you see it.
Here you will find the above image in the top right corner of this

There is something about those two fighting Rhinos that I just have not yet got to grips with. There is something so glaringly obvious that it slips my sight for now. Perhaps another angle or lighting would help..
Then I found this rather awkward image…

What does it say to you? Nuclear/volcanic explosion? Or an extinct type of elephant stood on top of a fountain?
This picture (plus all the others) really got me thinking.. It was at this point that I knew I had completely lost the plot and should be on a one way ticket outta here.. but no.. I had to stick around and keep looking
Sorry for the size of this picture, but it’s important you see it on this scale. The explosion is in the top right corner of this picture.

What you see here is a very clever illusion created by the artist. This is one picture, but in multiple parts.. Remember how I said all these images make other images or are not complete but add up to something else.. well, this is a major pointer to explain that.

I began to wonder why an explosion would be represented in a picture of every day animals feeding, etc.. I had to follow what I saw.

I looked at one part and thought ”That’s Egypt”.. looked at another and thought “That’s Spain” and saw another bit and thought “that’s Morocco”.. So my jaw was hitting the floor …again..
After a bit of contemplation and looking at a real map of the area, I came up with this..

It also shows the coast of Florida and possibly trade routes which look like random lines drawn across the image.

Several points made me sure that this is a map and not a flight of fancy. Let’s start with the bay of Biscay and the French coastline.. I highly suggest opening up google earth right now so you can follow it yourself ..
So, were on a beach in Bordeaux.. we move in a curve southwards to the top of Spain, come around its corner and head to Africa, but turning at Gibraltar and going into the Med. Egypt is self-explanatory with all its rivers converging in that one place.. Looks like the legs of several animals doesn’t it.. Now let’s skip forwards and head on over to morocco. Anyone notice anything odd about the lions eye?
It’s above the eyebrow!

This is a deliberate point and not a mistake. The eyebrow is being used in order to ensure that you are actually on a map and stood next to Marrakesh rather than looking at a picture of a lion. The lions eyebrow is the sign used to represent elevated ground on a map.. i.e. a mountain.. Now go to Google and check the area, you’ll see Marrakesh and a mountain range south of it.. Which starts right along the coast, just as the eyebrow starts..
The mouth of the lion is actually a very large valley just North of Nouakchott.

Convinced yet?

Need more proof this is a map?

Well, I’ll give you some more proof anyway..  But for this we need to look at the cave painting again and go back to the area with the explosion in it.. This is where the journey takes a rather odd twist..
By now, I’d realised that there is far more going on in these paintings than we had ever perceived. I began to look a lot more closely than before and spotted something near the explosion.
Going on the ‘ground elevation’ near the eye of the lion on the map of Africa, I noticed what could possibly be two mountains.. one on either side of the explosion (have marked them 1 + 2 on the pic below)

So I was thinking where could this be? What could it be?
Using the original large map (reposting for ease of use) I began to get a scale of size. Mostly guess work.

And was able to roughly plot the location of the two mountains and the explosion.
I found this crater between two mountains (ranges)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I took a closer look at the crater and found an image that, to me, closely resembles the mark below the “eye of Horus” image…

It’s the dark swooping bit of ground with the pointed section on it..
Are they trying to tell us something special about this crater? Is it the crater that was formed due to the event that wiped out the dinosaurs. I’ve tried looking but cannot find out much about this crater, so if anyone wants to add… and why do I think it is related to the dinosaurs?
Can you see the very “dinosaur” like sea creature.. (looks like a seal but it has differences)

But this surely cannot be artificial? Can it?
The image of this “seal” is made completely from a large mountain range.. go check 
I distract from where we were.. Back to the main map and this close up view of the crater.

Notice the dark area of ground below the crater and then the pure white lake on the left.
One of the things that the cave painters did was to clean the rock face so as to have a blank canvas to paint onto.. this lake is reflecting that part of the process.. especially when you look at the cave map in a different way with different lighting.
Here you can see there is a ‘fold’ in the rock which has given the image a new perspective. The ‘European’ part of the map is now bathed in white light, whilst the crater and the dark ground below it is now in shadow to give the effect of being the dark ground..

Isn’t that clever? Outstanding imagination to do that.. but that’s not all.. Just to try to make it a bit easier to see.. I’ve put them both side by side.. this is where it gets really “WOW!!!”

Follow the line between the dark ground and the white lake.. then do the same along the ‘fold’ in the cave wall between the light and shadow .. notice a similarity?
Coincidence or by design?

Then I got asking myself, “how did they know all this?” How did they know the exact shape of this area and the ‘Horus’ marking under the crater?
I checked out Horus.

Horus is one of the oldest and most significant deities. various forms may possibly be different perceptions of the same multi-layered deity in which certain attributes or syncretic relationships are emphasized, not necessarily in opposition but complementary to one another, consistent with how the Ancient Egyptians viewed the multiple facets of reality.

Does any of that ring a bell with regards to the cave paintings and how they were applied?

The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and royal power from deities, in this case from Horus or Ra. The symbol is seen on images of Horus' mother, Isis, and on other deities associated with her.
In the Egyptian language, the word for this symbol was "Wedjat". It was the eye of one of the earliest of Egyptian deities, Wadjet, who later became associated with Bast, Mut, and Hathor as well. Wedjat was a solar deity and this symbol began as her eye, an all seeing eye. In early artwork, Hathor is also depicted with this eye. Funerary amulets were often made in the shape of the Eye of Horus. The Wedjat or Eye of Horus is "the central element" of seven "gold, faience, carnelian and lapis lazuli" bracelets found on the mummy of Shoshenq II. The Wedjat "was intended to protect the king [here] in the afterlife" and to ward off evil. Ancient Egyptian and Near Eastern sailors would frequently paint the symbol on the bow of their vessel to ensure safe sea travel.
en.wikipedia.org...
Did these people have extreme map making skills or were they actually able to view the earth from above? Did they have flight.. or, dare I say it, space flight? I began another search for star charts or anything that might give me a clue to answer this..
There was one creature which stood out from the rest on the cave wall.. a rather angry, sharp toothed hippo.. unusual creature.. I’d left him alone until something else came up or brought my attention back to him.. and oh my, what a way to break the ice.
I searched for ancient Egyptian star charts and found this..

And the comparison between them is … well, there is none.. it is the same character.. almost 20,000 years (or more) apart and they are the same..
Except our cave hippo is facing down

Please take note of the curved carving above his back, it extends from his head and goes all the way down and swipes away from him. I went back to the original image and turned it on its side.. and compared it to the image taken from Egypt…Will repost it so you can see them together.

In the Egyptian image the hippo has an alligator on his back.. he has in the cave too, but the alligator was not finished and is just a curved line.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The hippos belly is almost identical in both images, there is a bow shaped object in front of the hippo in both images and there is a long platform both supporting a creature in both images (one creature is upside down though)

The hippos shoulder in both images is one star. The second star is the ankle of the Egyptian but not really of anything in the cave…then the third is the Egyptians wrist, but again, of northing in the cave.. The image containing the two stars is something else when turned the right way up and is important but not for this current section..

So did they have flight or space travel?

Lions feature a lot in the cave paintings and you expect not to find anything that might resemble an aircraft or hot air balloon, or, heaven forbid, a flame spouting space ship!!!

On the topic of lions, I recall there being a debate about the age of the Sphinx.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also;

Back in the early 1990s, when I first suggested that the Great Sphinx was much older than generally believed at the time, I was challenged by Egyptologists who asked, "Where is the evidence of that earlier civilization?" that could have built the Sphinx. They were sure that sophisticated culture, what we call civilization, did not exist prior to about 3000 or 4000 B.C. Now, however, there is clear evidence of high culture dating back over 10,000 years ago, at a site in Turkey known as Göbekli Tepe. A major mystery has been why these early glimmerings of civilization and high culture disappeared, only to reemerge thousands of years later.

www.robertschoch.com...
And according to popular belief, the sphinx has been recarved.. Do we have the face of the sphinx here in these cave paintings?

Is this it?

Do the maps tell us these ancient people were global travellers? Are they trying to tell us that something happened that stopped them in their tracks or is it all simply a message to say “Hi, we were here, and here is a clever painting to tell you all about us and our Human ancestry.along with a couple of bits of info regarding our really ancient past..”

Was the capital city of these people Marrakesh, which they clearly marked as an eye of a lion on their map?
There are many images I would love to discuss and show from the caves but the T+C’s may prevent me from posting them as they are really graphic. The documentary talks about only one instance of a Human body being represented in this art work, but they’re wrong.. I’ve seen many, most of them are erotic,

Were the Egyptians the last remaining bit of these people? Remember, these cave paintings are in France… yet we find many pictures of lions, reindeer, cattle, rhino, there is even a Hyena. The image of the four horse heads is said to be showing movement of a running horse. Yes I agree with that but it’s not one horse.. it’s four different breeds…the bottom one is a donkey..

There are some markings on the rock which are really hard to see.. don’t forget that a lot of this art is misdirection or deliberately obscured in order to distract or emphasise..

The rock was cleaned to get to the bright surface.. then an image could be painted on. It looks like that some images are not paint but the growth of microbes that has been there for all this time.. They just simply cleaned away what they needed and left behind an intentional image, but hidden due to it matching the colour of other stuff..

Perhaps they had writing and left it here…

Is this the first bit of evidence of the ancient Egyptian language before it became Egyptian?

I wonder if you can work out what it says? I think I know what it might be saying.

I hope you have enjoyed this little journey through the Chauvet cave paintings and my interpretations of them. There is a huge amount of detail in all of it and a lot more discussion can be had about them.

Perhaps I have unlocked the map allowing us to see between the lines and read the true story of something that once was and was lost. The master artist(s) who completed this work are nameless and faceless, yet they left their mark like no other has done before and what an incredible mark it is…

Further ATS reading
This last link below is rather interesting too.. It may help us link the 30,000 year old chauvet drawings to the ancient Egyptians too.. looks like strong evidence to me..
Egypt's Oldest Known Art Identified, Is 15,000 Years Old www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
you seal looks just like a turtle to me! s+f OP, love all this kinda info!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hello,

wonderful thread, and topic. I couldn't be more happy to take the time and read this

Thanks for the great work, will comment further if I have anything of value to add.

SS

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

:0, yes it may be a turtle.. but do you have any idea how big it is? if that is a purely natural formation, then wow, so0meone has a sense of humour..

That image was grabbed from Google Earth at a height of approximately 25km..

go figure....

To me it looks like one of the most well known sea dwelling dinosaurs.. trying to rembmer its name..
ah well, here's a link to a piccy...
i.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

that is huge!! perhaps even comparable with the nazca lines?

great great find, i love all things ancient! i think there's much more to learn out there than we can even comprehend at the moment

plesiosaurus? en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-12-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

You feel the cave painting depict's a map of sort's.France, Egypt etc.Hidden in the Egyptian heiroglyph's you provided are constellations.Maintaining that same line of thought, see if they align.Like the pyramids and Orion's belt.As above , so below.

edit on 26-12-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

if it is by design then it knocks the socks off the nazca lines..

if it is natural... then wow.. very clever image..

just no matter where I go to look at the edges of that creature, all i find is mountains.. who builds mountains?
Why make something like that so big that you have to be in orbit to see it?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I did think of that...buti feel there is no need to do so.. they only needed to leave one message about their knowledge of the stars, but there may be another message connected o the first in order to complete the picture.

Everything we see in the cave paintings has more than one meaning or is part of something else.. the stories it tells seem to go around in a circle.. sometimes twisting over a bit they've just talked about..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow. Well, I can't see a lot of what you're talking about. I also think you may be reaching on a good deal of your conclusions. However, you've obviously done your homework, and taken great care in writing this. S&F

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Thank you...and yes, I completely understand what you're saying.
The artists were extremely clever..

some items you have to look at closely, others you gotta sit back and view from a better distance.. some just appear when you're least expecting it.. even the shade of lighting and angle matters..

I belie3ve it was all intentional.. intended to be hidden whilst in plain sight..
The cave had its main entrance collapse onto it.. was it really a collapse or was it deliberately sealed? We may never know.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I see where you'recoming from and It's respected..

The biggest problemI currently have is getting it all shown in a way that is understood.

I'm no computer genius that's skilled with photoshop.. I can just about draw a straight line using the paint programme...

i need an artist sat right next to me to paint/draw what i see so we could get a clearer picture of wht is hidden in amongst all the other overlaid images..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very interesting to say the least. I printed out the large full scale picture in color and retraced some faint lines that are hardly noticable in the pic. I didn't originally even notice the third (lion) Although two look like bear and 1 looks more like a lion but more interesting is there is clearly something in his mouth, a snake or winged serpant! It is where you labeled Spain on the above pic. There is a lion overlaying the 2 other bear/lionn in the picture. Where the ear starts on the larger bottom bear is where the mouth of the lionn eating something begins. Why is this the only animal in the picture that clearly has something in it's mouth. Looks like a snake with a winged tail best I can make of it.

As for the link to the map. My first reaction was wow that's a bit of a stretch and then I looked again and wow very uncanny. You peaked my interest!

If you are unable to see the lion eating a snake let me know and I can scan the image or use photoshop overlay.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is fantastic,and your enthusiasm is quite intoxicating.always
makes it a better read.You do seem to see alot that i can't,however
my monitor ain't great..

If this has got more to it then i'm not sure pics is the way to go.
I love the cave painting and can only think it would be great to
see in situ with a fire burning and maybe some of what the
painters were burning...it's got some great motion and am sure it
comes alive with fire..

thank you very much i enjoyed this

s+f

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
To be a little more clear:

THe third lion eating is located as such:

The "e" at the end of France is covering his ear.
The word spain goes along his cheek.
The word Gilbrater ends at his chin
Algeria is where is throat is.....if that helps.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

There is loads of stuff to find. Making sense of it all is harder. I'm glad you've taken the time to go over it though.

Please feel free to present anything you find here. Ido feel i have uncovered something here.. a way to read the paintings and it will be an ongoing thing, so if anyone has something to add...go ahead.. it's not just me you'd be helping.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

it may not necesarily be your monitor, it could be your colour settings.

They painted all this with light and angles in mind. We cannot change the angle at which we see the photographs, we can only change the brightness or contrast, but it has helped me find all this.

In the documentary, the film crew do play with lighting effects and it is very impressive to see one picture move and blend into something far more..

I have been asking myself what would we discover if we took IR or UV or evene Xray photos of these paintings? Woulld we fnd the use of special materials?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally I thought it was just something in his mouth but notice how this "ribbon" seems tied around what I can only make out to be an antler of yet another beast. What is this? I can't help but feel there is some serious importance. Because if it was an animal eating something like a winged serpant that surely that stands for something. If not then it is a ribbon of sorts? Therefore manmade and shows their dominance?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join