It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MRSA superbug strain found in UK milk supply

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Farmers use antibiotics in feeds as standard practice, they are often constantly in an animals diet even when the animals are fine which is ludicrous. Fish farmers often use them as standard practice and it is a growing trend world wide. As you know resistance to antibiotics is increasing globally and this is not just due to over use of antibiotics. In genetics laboratories world wide we use strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria to clone genes and make recombinant proteins. I have seen (during my years as a lab rat) gallons of antibiotic resistant ecoli poured down sinks, spilt on clothes, floors and shoes then trampled out of labs into the environment. There is a little process that can occur in bacterial replication called conjugation. During this process it is possible that the antibiotic resistant genes are passed from one bacteria to another. Imagine how much fun than could cause? Good find btw

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chronicTRE

This was mentioned earlier in the thread but no further discussion eventuated.
Why not investigate colloidal silver alongside your RSO trial?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nobody really talks about "Mad Cow Disease" anymore. I read that although MRSA bug is found in milk, it may not infect humans.

Is this another new scare to keep people from consuming dairy products and beef?

Agenda 21 introduces a new cow and pig tax on top of it all.

The Climate control people hate cows and want us to eat vegan.

xstatic99645.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

MRSA is very serious and not to be taken lightly, see Wrabbit's posts in this thread for further elaboration on the subject as he has first hand knowledge. I also have met people who have lost limbs due to this bug, and the bug has evolved according to recent studies done by various organizations. They call it a superbug for a reason, meaning that it's immune to our strongest antibiotics which used to be able to kill anything, now our strongest antibiotics are rendered nearly useless in some situations.

I do not think this is a scare tactic, in fact I believe they are downplaying it. A few members on page one tried to imply that there is nothing to worry about since pasteurization kills 90% of bacteria/viruses but what about the remaining 10%?

In my opinion the simple fact that our cattle are carriers of this superbug due to our excessive use of antibiotics should be a cause for alarm to everyone, unless you are willing to take the word of anonymous "experts" who are saying "nothing to see here folks, move along".

Personally, I don't put much faith in these experts.

ETA:

People still do talk about mad cow disease but due to the lack of any significant recent outbreaks we do not hear about it as much. I do believe that the media will use outbreaks of mad cow or MRSA to their advantage to strengthen their ratings, but this does not mean that just because they are using this for their own gain that we should pass it off as media manipulation.
edit on 12/27/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When MAN starts trying to play GOD, the results become DISASTEROUS!
I blame this on MONSANTO and their Bio-Engineering crap.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Wow I can not believe this, think the govt. has A LOT to do with this stuff. Scientists made the other bug
This is crazy!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

MRSA is very serious and not to be taken lightly, see Wrabbit's posts in this thread for further elaboration on the subject as he has first hand knowledge. I also have met people who have lost limbs due to this bug, and the bug has evolved according to recent studies done by various organizations. They call it a superbug for a reason, meaning that it's immune to our strongest antibiotics which used to be able to kill anything, now our strongest antibiotics are rendered nearly useless in some situations.

I do not think this is a scare tactic, in fact I believe they are downplaying it. A few members on page one tried to imply that there is nothing to worry about since pasteurization kills 90% of bacteria/viruses but what about the remaining 10%?

In my opinion the simple fact that our cattle are carriers of this superbug due to our excessive use of antibiotics should be a cause for alarm to everyone, unless you are willing to take the word of anonymous "experts" who are saying "nothing to see here folks, move along".

Personally, I don't put much faith in these experts.

ETA:

People still do talk about mad cow disease but due to the lack of any significant recent outbreaks we do not hear about it as much. I do believe that the media will use outbreaks of mad cow or MRSA to their advantage to strengthen their ratings, but this does not mean that just because they are using this for their own gain that we should pass it off as media manipulation.

Yes,but are people susceptible to contracting the contagion through ingestion?If they are, then yes, I see some real reason for alarm.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thank you for civil discussion and your ideas. Yes, I know MRSA is serious, and I did hear a couple years ago that it was prevalent in hospitals. I know a nurse who picked up a staph infection while working, but she did not think it was MRSA. She had to have surgery.
While I acknowledge it is serious and real, I do wonder if it showing up in milk is accidental or if it was a deliberate thing. I mean they dug up the Spanish flu that killed so many people in WWI from a remote source where it had been buried, and reengineered it trying to find a vaccine.

AIDS is also very serious and very real, and Dr Len Horowitz says it was genetically engineered and filtered through African Green monkeys used to produce Hep B vax.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh my yes, its a manly thing to not drink milk past infancy.

I like milk, I love cheese and yogurt. But as as someone with a high protein need for my chronic fatigue and can't just shoving the meat in, the milk products are important.

And due to chronic fatigue/thyroid, with 5 kids, drink lots of coffee, and shorten my life to keep awake so the boys LIVE. Because if you don't and turn your back on them for one minute, their mortality rate chances skyrockets! Just typical boy thing.

And you know something without the milk, my stomach is extremely upset. People have been surviving on milk for a long time, don't eat the cow, milk the cow and the protein goes further! And they've learnt to ferment food and milk, and store the nutrients without refrigeration.

Its due to human ingenuity, my dear. And we don't all like the same things. And our bodies aren't all made the same way, and what I really find offensive is the Nazi's of food, what's good for me I will force down your throat and if you don't like what I like you're a pansy.

Hope we're all pansies. My 5 boys are not raised to be macho's, can't stand them. Mother's love of kindness, sensitivity, unconditional love, equality, caring and equalizing all in need IS THE WAY TO HEAVEN. There is no other.

So as to this anti milk thing I keep hearing, TOUGH. You choose it but don't put down anyone who doesn't.

I would never give up milk, so up the Vit D. Take 50 000 iu's if needed and sick.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by usedtobeascientist

Yikes, scary stuff. Thanks for posting.

You'd think they'd try to neutralize the stuff before dumping.
edit on 27-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I thank you as well for the civil discussion and ideas. In fact, a lot of the ideas you raised are valid and lead to some interesting possibilities and also compare to past events.

As you mentioned, it is rumored, if not proven that aids was man made, and I am a believer of this theory...that being said I have no doubt that certain people would contaminate our milk supply for various reasons including population control, forced vaccinations, and of course the scare tactics you mentioned...all of these scenarios are quite plausible but would be laughed at by most people. Myself, I don't laugh at people for thinking outside the box because I do the same and get ridiculed for it quite often but that does not bother me.

Sorry if it seemed that I was dismissing your ideas in your previous posts, now that I look back it looks like I may have misinterpreted your posts and took them out of context, but this current post I am responding to is bang on in my opinion and I thank you for clearly explaining your ideas as I do believe they are relevant even if they are somewhat speculative, but speculating is a good thing so please do not take offense, because I do agree with what you have said.

For the most part I try not to speculate too much in my threads and like to keep it as neutral as possible but I do enjoy entertaining other member's ideas such as the ones you have put forth. If I posted everything I thought about certain situations people would think I am bat # crazy

To be honest I am quite sure some people are already convinced that I'm a "crazy conspiracy theorist" but that does not bother me since most people with that frame of mind are the ones who need help, not I.

Thanks again for the great post.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Perhaps the answer is more antibiotics?

That's only the answer when it comes to guns

Anyway, thanks for the information OP.
edit on 27-12-2012 by ftman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why would they attack the milk supply? Well first of, clean, certified raw is better than anything pasteurized, but there still is goodness in milk. Of course, organic eggs also contain the stuff in milk/butter. Its the fat soluable vitamins, Vit D, A, B's, E's, and ortho nutrients. For bones, teeth, immune system, anti cancer nutrients, and for brain. Very needed nutrients. Also liver is a good source for this. They've been targetting this for years and trying to destroy everyone's life/health. Its been criminal. So they now took a Staph infection and made it leave the hospital environment and move to farms and milk? SWEET!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
MRSA is a natural form of flora found on your skin, my skin and in the dirt in your front yard along with staph and strep, the only reason these little "bugs" cause problems is A) when they find a way inside and your body can't fight it off. and B) when your body is already in a weakened state due to surgery, trauma, flu, cold, cancer, so on. It's the same thing with Ecoli, you right now have E coli in your intestines, it's supposed to be there, it's been things get out of whack that problems occur, same thing with c difficile, the problem is doctors prescribing antibiotics for everything and also people not taking them properly.

if you get a prescription for antibiotics it's important to take the whole thing, don't stop when you feel better, or your symptoms go away, take the whole thing, when people don't do this thats when the "bug" gets a chance to mutate and learn how to resist the antibiotics, and on another note, MRSA is a bacterial infection not a virus. Many people don't realize how much crap is on their body right now, half the problem is people have become such clean freaks that your body never gets a chance to build up it's immunity to things. I'm not saying you shouldn't wash your hands before you eat, or after shaking hands, but go play in the dirt it's good for you.

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about drinking milk as far as MRSA is concerned, if you don't want to drink milk more power to you, but don't make this your deciding factor, there are way more important things to worry about.

the hospital I work at will swab everyone who comes in for MRSA and if they test positive, they are then put on contact precautions and given prophylactic antibiotics to help keep the chance of the pt developing complications due to MSRA down. But when it comes down to it, if your body is in a weakened state due to illness or injury that's really the only time your going to see any real problems with something like this.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Wow-- thanks for your diligence on reading everything you can get your hands on-- and for sharing this with us...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You are right about milk being an important source of essential elements, but you mention you get an upset stomach if you don't drink milk.
Have you tried yukult?
Its that little bottle of pale yellow liquid that supplys the stomach with lots of good bacteria.
Oh and low fat milk, can cause problems in some people.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Thanks for sharing your most recent post, along with many others in this thread ,you have educated me, on this subject.
Do you think yakult is good?
I used to take it a lot, but broke the habit.
I was thinking of buying it in bulk..as Iam having abdominal problems after a recent illness.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yet people will insist on drinking this antibiotic-saturated milk. I love milk, but will only drink organic, grass-fed, no antibiotics milk, otherwise i stick to wine
Preferably local milk, but that may not be a choice for many. A good calcium supplement is better than milk for getting calcium. There is a class action lawsuit as well against Aurora milk (Kirkland-Costco, Safeway O Organics, Target, Walmart, and others). Not sure what the lawsuit is, but I won’t take part in it. Probably the milk wasn’t organic and the cows are fed GMO corn. Thankful to have local farms with grass-fed cows. useconomicoutlook2013.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We buy filtered milk and with a growing son, we buy around 6x4pt a week and even though we have tried soya, oat etc for health reasons, the fact it is made with tap water made us ill.

The filtered milk is cleaner and tastes better, ordinary pasteurised to me has tasted weird for years, unless from select breeds, like Jersey and Ayrshire which I grew up with and tastes better than Holstein-Friesian which is the mainstay here in the UK.

Milk is an important part of the human diet now, especially for calcium and protein and has probably been instrumental in the height increase in humanity over the millenia.

I don't buy unpasteurised milk because I don't like the thought of milk from unclean udders, after watching various documentaries on it, even if it tastes nicer, we even avoid unpasteurised cheese now.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by thudpuddy

I hate to say it but our best hope may be genetic engineering , lets just hope the geneticists are smarter than the bugs .

They are not! That is positively the worst suggestion I have heard.

GM is a real monster and will kill us all in the end.

I just wanted to say that what I meant by that was that it may be to late already .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join