It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MRSA superbug strain found in UK milk supply

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I never really understood the argument "I know dairy is awful for me, but it tastes too good to give up!" Just exercise some basic will power.

I'm sure heroin feels fantastic when you inject it. But you don't see it being consumed rampantly... Speaking of addiction, maybe this video can shed some light on why people have such trouble giving it up:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I agree with you,its a nightmare with these things in the food.I think "Hold the milk" just got pushed to the front in my lexicon,I actually wanted to try give up dairy for sometime now and i do believe this is the final push i needed.this world your dammed if you do and your dammed if you dont.

thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Great find Op it was on this site a few days ago
hisz.rsoe.hu...

It was saying it has eventuated because of crowded conditions , imposed by the multi national supermatket chains....in relation to herding of dairy cattle.
The link is to th esite but the info may have been deleted or requires archive search.
Iam glad you have alerted so many .
Their are so many diseases now , and so much ignorance.
Dementia in Australia is in Plague proportions, they are now saying it may be linked to the diabetes virus.
VIRUS..years ago they denied Diabetes was a VIRUS.
The world is due to greed getting deadlier , even via a glass of milk?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Definitely greed. Raw Milk is banned to do the Swill Mill Scandals (look it up) and these new viruses are more likely found in awful, purely for profit dairy corporations filled with sick, pumped with antibiotics and steroids cows than any rural farm that actually cares about their livestock.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This does not surprise me.... Those responsible will never pay just as the hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities have not paid for improper infectious contamination control procedures which led to MRSA getting out into the community. Remember big pharma can make more money if their drugs are used "en mass" in the production of food and as a basis medical treatment. The result has been evolutionary immunity. ....... nature will always find a way around what naive man believes he can control.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Whether or not this strain of MRSA can actually be spread by drinking milk...

...I'm glad I don't touch the crap. I'll pass on "healthy" drinks with viruses and pus in it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Ewwww hear you there though i eat items made with dairy i have never been able to stomach straight milk....don't think humans were ment to drink stuff made for a baby cow....
edit on 27-12-2012 by DaughterOfARevolver because: Stupid spell check

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaughterOfARevolver

Not to mention a cow with a more complex digestive system.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Wow, i do not wanna be around when the next plague like thing hits,
if we thought the black plague was bad as a species wait until the
consequences of the over use of antibiotics really kicks in, this is
one of the few REAL things that has the potential to actually destroy
the majority of humanity in a few short months.

these bugs are getting tough, i really wonder if we will hit on a
new way to deal with them, really antibiotics as wonderful and
life saving as they are, might be setting up the perfect storm
for our own destruction, man talk about damned if do damned if
you dont.......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

I hate to say it but our best hope may be genetic engineering , lets just hope the geneticists are smarter than the bugs .

They are not! That is positively the worst suggestion I have heard.

GM is a real monster and will kill us all in the end.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

I have yet to hear of a single person dropping dead from ingesting their own UN-PASTURIZED milk. Not a one.

No such thing as pasteurised milk in the area I grew up in England. The herds were TT tested and that is all. We walked the mile and a bit to the farm each day with our quart jug - sometimes twice - an collected milk that came straight from the cow and all that happened was it went through the cooler.

Never did me or anyone else any harm. Now it is pasteurised, homogenised and infected. My how the world has progressed in 60 years!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

edit on 12/27/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Milk saves cows from the slaughter known fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Personally I don't think milk is the problem but what we have been doing to it for years and that also goes for most of our food chain that we control, an earlier poster mentioned about anti-biotics being found in lakes and stuff... this is the problem

Man has survived thousands of years slowly improving cattle and crops with relatively few problems, then the last 100 years or so since we started truely manipulating crops and cattle via pesticides and herbicides and other methods to keep our food "safer" and look where it has got us.

Cancers, genetic diseases and all manor of problems including creating stronger bateria/virus than has ever been known, all from our manipulation the main problem is not enough research into our meddling. We should thoroughly test anything we will role out onto ourselves or anything we consume again pesticides are a great example of this, the person who rediscovered them in the early 20th century won 2 nobel prizes and everyone started using his products when in reality we should of tested it for years to know the full effects, maybe someday we will learn... the easier way it's much harder to control if the cats out of the bag.

I truely hope scientists are taking a much more precautious approach on the next step of all this; Genetic Manipulation although what I here and read about companies like Monsanto I doubt that will be the case

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank God I am allergic to milk and milk products. Makes me sick feeling when I have any. My Mom said that she couldn't breast feed so I was raised on goat goat milk products.
Our Ranch in Costa Rica is an organic goat milk farm and we keep the males separate from the females and the milk actually tastes like the real cow stuff.
I recommend finding some oragnic Goats milk made this way then you won't get that goat kinda taste.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that the use of antibiotics in animals is causing this resistant strain of Staph to run rampant. Antibiotics kill off the "good" bacteria that is present in milk (all animal milk), thus allowing the "bad" bacteria like Staph, Strep, E.Coli, etc. to grow.

That's great that pasteurization kills MRSA, but pasteurization creates a whole set of new problems. Milk is intended to be drunk raw. The natural enzymes in raw milk will help any animal (including humans) better digest the protein, fats and sugars present in milk. Pasteurization kills the pathogens, but also disables the enzymes. But with MRSA present in raw milk, it's not a good idea to consume raw.

A better solution is to consume fermented cow & goat milk products like yogurt and kefir. Some cheeses are also good too. My ancestors came from a very cold part of the world where fresh fruits and veggies weren't available year 'round. Fish wasn't available either. Resources were slim, so they couldn't kill their animals for protein either. They all survived well into their mid-90s & 100s by consuming their chickens' eggs, making butter & cheese from milk, fermented grains for sourdough bread, fermented cabbage & other veggies, drinking raw whole milk, and making yogurt & kefir. BTW kefir is fermented milk with yeast added to it. The fermentation process introduces good bacteria into the process, and creates an acidic environment that kills the bad bacteria like strep & staph.

So yes, certain humans have adapted to be able to drink milk products from other animals. And many people can benefit from fermented milk products. Especially in a situation like this MRSA-tainted milk.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I am an MRSA carrier, and the next time I get an outbreak I will be using RSO (rick simpson oil), to see if it has any effect on the super virus. I nearly lost my left hand to this virus.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for notifying me about this topic to be discussed on the upcoming show, I will do my best to tune in as I would like to hear everyone's opinion on it and perhaps gain a bit more insight on this subject as it has certainly caught my interest.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Makes me glad that I don't drink milk or live in the UK.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join