It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low, Austin police arrest Santa.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
In case this wasn't clarified before, the officers were not APD (Austin Police Department) officers, they were Texas State Troopers... state police. The area and much of downtown Austin is state property which is under the jurisdiction of the DPS, not APD. Also, these troopers were no strangers to Santa and friends. Occupy Austin showed them to be ignorant fools a while back when it came to laws concerning freedom of speech on the capital grounds and they still haven't gotten over it.

First the state troopers said there was NO FREE SPEECH ANYWHERE at all on the state capitol grounds:

Then, they changed things and said one can have free speech, but one cannot be on the capitol grounds for more than 3 hours in any 24 hour period or you'll be arrested:

Finally, after Occupy Austin did some research with their lawyers and confronted the troopers with the truth (and their superiors told them to comply), the troopers had to eat crow.... and they are still mad about it:

edit on 26-12-2012 by BeenieWeenie because: had to fix youtube link

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

this is really sad. The police didn't even arrest him in a legal fashion. They're supposed to tell you why and tell you your rights. and if you arrest one guy then why not everyone? really glad my tax dollars are spent on this(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"Is this what we will have in the future now... People ready to protest without following codes and ordinances set out by cities"

GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!! Protest arent supposed to be "convenient"

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why was the guy with the backpack arrested? anyone know? I think Santa was arrested to keep the prison population up high due to said population being hired out to local companies as cheap labor to keep profits high for said local companies.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Here is the exclusive video footage of that arrest.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Another point, why is it the police waited around until Santa's three hours were up, then arrest him? the season of goodwill? any decent person would have warned Santa his three hours were nearly up. and warn him to move on?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
edit *snip
edit on 26-12-2012 by Jiggerz because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by Jiggerz because: wrong thread

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Apparently Santa committed the heinous crime of drawing on the sidewalk with children.

Santa was also charged with "evading arrest". As you can plainly see, he was a flight risk. I think they would have been well within their rights to tazer then beat him to a pulp.

I'm kind of surprised that they didnt shoot Santa and stir-fry Rudolph.

At least we now know that :

.Santa's real
.Got arrested
.Why we didnt get anything

happens every year. That why there are so many drunk Santa's walking the streets that were left over from previous employment. Merry ff'in christmas santa.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Nice to see the Police scum are in the holiday spirit! Arresting Santa claus! Exactly how low can these power mad totalitarian ass clowns go? I will tell you this said Police lucifer just put themself on the on the naughty list for life!

I hope someone gives them a lump of Coal in there stocking right over there nut and a kick in the chestnuts for good measure!
edit on 26-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Apparently Santa committed the heinous crime of drawing on the sidewalk with children.

Santa was also charged with "evading arrest". As you can plainly see, he was a flight risk. I think they would have been well within their rights to tazer then beat him to a pulp.

I'm kind of surprised that they didnt shoot Santa and stir-fry Rudolph.

ROTFL...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow? Is this what we will have in the future now... People ready to protest without following codes and ordinances set out by cities, dressing up as children's characters so they elicit emotional responses from Joe Public?

that's not the point...people are smart, and when they see the police that instead of going after bad guys TRYING TO HARM US, arresting a santa for helping kids have fun drawing with chalk on concrete that harms absolutely no one.
and yes....dressing up as santa and helping little kids draw pictures with harmless chalk on a concrete sidewalk while parents are there to supervise, and nobody gets hurt and no property gets destroyed should be immune TO ANY LAWS!!!...what's wrong with you?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So how do you explain this to your children as you drive by seeing Santa being arrested?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
So occupy Austin released this video. I knew something was wrong with all of this and this is cold hard proof. How low will the liberals go to push a agenda? They will use children and Santa.

Heck I bet most of them hate Religion and everything it stands for. But that will not stop them from using it to gain support with all the sheep in the flock.

How does it feel to be played for a fool? Everything is not as it seems. Question everything even if it is something that is for your cause.......Question everything.

Also where is the OP? You started a thread saying this was a new low and then sit back and collect flags.
The only new low I see is with occupy Austin and this thread.
edit on 25-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

I'm no fan of the Occupy a Shower Stall Sometime movement, but staged or not, he got arrested for writing words on concrete with a temporary medium. It wasn't paint, or ink, but chalk.

Thank goodness it wasn't money laundering for al Qaeda or Mexican drug cartels, or he'd REALLY be in some troub...oh wait.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
At the end of the day this is a staged event to get the flocks feathers ruffled and guess what happened?
I bet they could care less about Christmas or santa and were using it for effect.

And then the evil police arrive and play there part in this little play for the masses. Are people really this gullible.

I also wanted to add these occupy parents new what was going to happen because they set the stage. Think about they are using not only Santa and Christmas but their own kids to further the cause.

This is the saddest part they are all bad parents in my eyes.
edit on 26-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you would like to see Austin Police Dept's pathetic attempt to put an undercover female into the Occupy Austin group, watch this video. It gets interesting at the 7:00 mark. Look at the woman who is huddled around the other cops at the patrol car, then sits down and acts like she can play the guitar (super-bad), then watch how she acts towards the man filming..... and how she backs down when the other cops tell her to. This is so bad it's funny.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It was a political stunt by Occupy and they used a santa to do what they knew they couldn't do just so brilliant people such as yourself would react like you are doing.
edit on 26-12-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow?

silly boy your not confused your stupid
its ok i forgive you.

those were real 4 year old's not protestErs.

And Santa was encouraging the good spirit of Christmas not protesting. You goffie moron
hehe

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sagitaris

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow?

silly boy your not confused your stupid
its ok i forgive you.

those were real 4 year old's not protestErs.

And Santa was encouraging the good spirit of Christmas not protesting. You goffie moron
hehe

They were 4 year olds BEING USED for political purposes. Are you people really this dense?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Another point, why is it the police waited around until Santa's three hours were up, then arrest him? the season of goodwill? any decent person would have warned Santa his three hours were nearly up. and warn him to move on?

From all the stories I've read, they were warned on many other occasions. They used the kids and Santa suit because they know they're followers aren't so bright.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You must realize that Santa habitually commits Breaking and Entering billions of times each year. He must be detained for public safety! LOL

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join