It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens Of Thousands Call For Piers Morgan To Be Deported

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Whichever side of the ocean one rests, one must remember their manners and maintain proper decorum. And before one uses a word to describe another, one should know its proper definition, and whether it properly applies. And furthermore, one should also know that bigots, clutching so tightly to their prejudice, lack as much the liberty to swim as an anchor lacks the lightness to float. Merry Christmas to you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I usually disagree with Piers Morgan, but this time I wholeheartedly support him.

AND Paul Waldman who wrote about "The Man Card". Apparently there are fewer who own guns in America, but the sales are rising.

Paul wrote:

That "responsible gun owner" politicians talk about, the one who reverentially passes down to his son the bolt-action rifle his father gave him? That guy isn't good for business. The manufacturers need the other guy, the one who fears he may not be all the man he could be.

Whenever that anxiety gets to be too much, he can go down to the gun store and buy another gun, and another, and a few more after that. He'll get thousands of rounds of ammunition too, because you never know what might happen. Then he'll go home and nod with satisfaction at his own little armory, telling himself that when the time comes for him to become the hero of his own action movie, he'll be ready. He's got his Man Card. And maybe he needs one or two more guns. Just to be sure.

Forgot to mention the FBI statistics for children getting killed by guns. About 100 per year.

And that is NOT counting the ones shot by accident.

edit on 25-12-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Piers Morgan would make a better Canadian.

Jk...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
no no no no!!!!! u can keep him! we don't want him back! i cant stand the man!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by turboneon

Originally posted by turboneon
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Voicing an opinion is one thing, but what morgan is doing is degrading and disrespecting the country that employs him and allows him here. He isn't just saying guns are bad he is saying this country is and its citizens are bad for wanting to continue their 2nd amendment. Remember he is not a citizen and he may have the freedom of speech but he is privileged to work here as a foreigner. Look up Kleindienst v. Mandel

I agree the man is a fool at best but the day you start deporting people for voicing an opinion, even if you find that opinion to be degrading and disrespecting is just as foolish. The people that DO employ him (CNN) clearly don't want to deport him and unless he is a criminal I personally would think it to be foolish to deport him.
It won't happen anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
He got the boot from BBC in England for a reason, for what I heard from the red coats, they DO NOT want him back on monkey island.

I guess we''ll have to give this limy asylum for his stupidity...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
68,222 and counting. Woo.

I realize it means nothing. This guy isn't having an awesome Christmas, though. He's reaping what he sowed

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
IMHO this goes to show how much the guys who signed the petition care about the constitution they claim to care so much about.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

I realize it means nothing. This guy isn't having an awesome Christmas, though. He's reaping what he sowed

I'm sure he's enjoying the publicity. Probably help increase his viewership figures.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

He's a paid shill for his corporate overlords and nothing more. He runs with whatever he thinks they want him to say. He's a total asskisser of all the wrong asses. I don't care for him very much at all. Glad he's taking some heat, but perhaps people might be better served to just turn him off and ignore him, than to rally for his deportation (how pathetic).

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Please don't send him back to the UK, we already have had enough of this pompous self important arrogant idiot.

The man only values his own opinions, childishly shouts down guests and very rudely starts insulting them. The second you are not on his wavelength then the idiot starts ranting. He is everything wrong about journalism, its no wonder Jeremy Clarkson punched him.

The only good thing is when you see his guests own him as Jesse Ventura did, he simply picked him apart and smiled at him which Morgan hates.

Send him back to some smutty tabloid like before or send him to Guantanomo Bay!

edit on 26-12-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by Mrgone

I'm sure he's enjoying the publicity. Probably help increase his viewership figures.

Sort of like the old Hollywood saying, "I don't care what you say about me as long as you spell my name right".

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Piers Morgan is a political phenomenon.

He's not just a talk show crap disturber.

It is very important if America is going to be folded nicely into the New World Order, that Americans get a new idea into their heads.

People from other places are people too.

They may talk funny. They may be hard to understand. They may have more nonsense crammed into their heads than Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, and Jiminy Glick put together (all foreigners, by the way), but in the New World Order, America is going to have to get used to the idea that these funny talking nitwits are going to be telling Americans what to do and how to do it.

Now America, don't get huffy about this. George W. Bush was a funny talking nitwit too and you had no trouble doing what he said you should do for eight years. Yeah I know, he was your funny talking nitwit and there's a big difference.

No. There's a small difference.

What do I really think? Don't deport Piers Morgan. Just leave him alone in a room with Alex Jones for five minutes. That's a YouTube video I'd love to see.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClementWinters
reply to post by newcovenant

Whichever side of the ocean one rests, one must remember their manners and maintain proper decorum. And before one uses a word to describe another, one should know its proper definition, and whether it properly applies. And furthermore, one should also know that bigots, clutching so tightly to their prejudice, lack as much the liberty to swim as an anchor lacks the lightness to float. Merry Christmas to you.

Actually that is only true for the Brits who give a crap what other people think about them.
Bigots can't swim. Interesting. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Oh god oh god oh god please don't send him back!

It took years for us to successfully slip him into someones onboard luggage. The $5000 I gave the TSA to let him through was the best money I ever spent.

If you really really want rid of him, why can't you rendition him to Syria where the CIA can use him as a human IED.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I don't much care for Piers Morgan, and if people want him off CNN, then more power to them, but to try to deport him is a very repugnant notion. It smacks of very ugly nationalism and bigotry, albeit not racism.

That said, I don't understand why they get British folk to be hosts of "news" shows in the US. Seems such folk don't have the best understanding of either US culture or politics, and so shouldn't be paid to spout their opinions on such subjects. Similarly, I don't know why any American would be hired to host a news show in the UK. Along these same lines, I also don't understand why MSNBC has Martin Bashir host a show -- then again, I don't understand why they have Chris Mathews do so either...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euroxian
He got the boot from BBC in England for a reason, for what I heard from the red coats, they DO NOT want him back on monkey island.

I guess we''ll have to give this limy asylum for his stupidity...

Wow you managed to act like a jerk, be ignorant and compare the 60+ million inhabitants of the British Isles to monkey's, all in the same sentence. Star for you for reminding me how many racists there are out there and that English appears to be an indecipherable language for some lke you.

Fired from the BBC in England? That's news to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

That's a good point. I can't imagine an American news caster on UK TV and I never understood why Morgan was the replacement for such a legend as Larry King. He doesn't even have a great profile in the UK.

I'm sure the ratings will judge his fate in the end.

The whole idea of deportation is laughable though.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I have never liked this idiot but doesn't he have freedom of speech like the rest of us???

SOURCE

After CNN’s Piers Morgan got spanked on national television this week by Gun Owners of America President Larry Pratt, people took to the White House petition site calling for the British host to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views. Yes, I know, it won’t do any good to do that, but still it’s interesting to see the amount of people participating in the petition.

I was actually thinking since he touts how the United Kingdom is so great, why in the world doesn’t he just go live there? I mean why would you want to live in America if you think it’s such a terrible place and filled with such “absolutely stupid” people. This is how he referred to Mr. Pratt.

edit on 24-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

Why doesn't he go live there, since he touts how the UK is so great? Well, let's see...be has a job with a major news network, and whether he requested the assignment or it was just given to him, his job is in the US. What if he simply had a personal mission (whether I agree with it or not?) - that would be a good reason to be living in a foreign country, right?

Honestly, the comment makes me think of little kids and their "If you love the (fill in the blank) so much, why don't you marry it?"

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
We can't deport him . But we can let CNN know how much we detest him in our viewing habits. And some well placed e-mails with Piers in subject matter. I did'nt like Larry King , but damn I would take an 109 year old Larry King vs this blowhard. CNN is the culprit. Gone are the days of Lou Dobbs ranting about illegal immigration and politics, in are the days of the "news entertainment" with the Piers Morgans & Farid Zakaria. I can't speak for others on here, but being American I like to hear my "News Entertainment" being read by an American. Maybe with a slight southern accent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join