It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power after TSHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Something I’ve noticed while flying on maneuvers, are the ever-increasing number of
Wind farms. I found a several maps by using Wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
If, for some terrible reason we loose power, and some of these are remaining, they could supply electricity to the survivors. Could this be the alternative purpose?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I am sure that when they were trying to sell the idea of wind farms , that would have been used as a selling point somewhere.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If the SHTF and the power goes out indefinitely, I would consider the mass hysteria that would ensue as glaring evidence that we've become entirely dependent on artificial systems (technology) for our survival. This is a really bad thing. I'd say we should ponder the merits of just tearing the wind farms down in such an event, being cautious not to repeat our mistakes.
edit on 12/24/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Brilliant idea, however I think TPTB that remains after TSHTF would designate power sources as high value.

Failing that, one would need advanced knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering to utilize effectively, and the manpower to keep it secure.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

I would not be surprised if many of "them" have the small portable nuclear generators.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
No worries, mate
my SHTF plan is solid..
Also to add,.
My GF bought me new night vision optics.. how cool is that

Got the power back up all covered

An ostrich on a treadmill hooked up to a generator

edit on 25-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have a natural gas generator. As far as I have read that if your house is on natural gas it doesn't stop with loss of power even over a wide area...maybe an earthquake that breaks the lines. Also I live a few miles from the dam that provides me power...I wonder how that plays into it all?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
If the SHTF and the power goes out indefinitely, I would consider the mass hysteria that would ensue as glaring evidence that we've become entirely dependent on artificial systems (technology) for our survival. This is a really bad thing. I'd say we should ponder the merits of just tearing the wind farms down in such an event, being cautious not to repeat our mistakes.
edit on 12/24/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

3/4 of the population would die within a month from the loss of Xbox, internet, twitter, and texting....just saying

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Me neither...can I get one at Canadian Tire yet?

Regardless, I'm of the opinion that any remaining infrastructure should be avoided like the plague for a long time "afterwards". Back to basics-candlelight will be a luxury...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm afraid you may be misinformed. NG relies heavily on scrubbers upstream of wells, electronic valves etc, the majority of which (for the new stuff, anyways) is remotely controlled and highly dependent on a functional, modern communications infrastructure and electricity source.

Find a NG deposit, drill a well, microscrubber, and you're off the grid! Easy peasy

new topics

top topics

join