It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go show us your bits.!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

Please help me on a few things ..

Why the tin snips ? Tin snips + ball penn = wire cutter/steel strap cutter.
Why the ball peen hammer ? Hammer hits cutter.
Why that large flashlight ( when you have an LED light ) ? A signal lamp with red/green and amber aspects
Why the large scissors ? For cling film over windows, stops reflection.
Why the security lock ? To secure bob when sleeping.
Why the adjustable wrench with a cheesy plastic clip ? Jubilee clip driver/ small nuts like propane bottles .
Why the 4 pack baked beans ? They where a multi buy.

Just wondering , No problems its just me being fussy.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

If you only need to travel 7 miles you need to travel light and have some sort of weapon. I am not sure what laws you have to deal with where you are so I will just say keep it legal.

A good pack is a must Eberlestock,kifaru,maxpedition,Eagle,Mystery ranch.

Shelter always remember the rule of "3"......3 min without air....3 hours without shelter....3 days without water....3 weeks without food.

You need to worry about the first three so shelter and water are key to your BOB. A good military tarp with a woobie insert is cheap and will save your life in a cold rain.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Always have a radio and walkie talkies.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Thanks for the "Rule off three" S/T duly noted,

The improvised tarp is the fire blanket seen in the main picture, Warm, waterproof, and of course fire proof,
I had my gortex booties and trousers with a combi Lowe Alpine fleece jacket,

I know its only 7 miles to travel but its an urban inner city inviroment with at least one major waterway to cross,
There are several places to bunk up but there secure so hence the tools.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Always have a radio and walkie talkies.

I actually have been thinking about Walkies a lot lately. Good one's are expensive I need it to be waterproof and tough with some range. The price range I am seeing is up over 1000 bucks.

A good cheap radio is also a must I use the Eton raptor. It is cheap and tough as nails.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Here was my bug out kit for the big day,

I had only 7 miles to reach my home but estimated it would take me 24/36 hours to get there, This was my basic "Get me out of dodge" (Belfast city) basic gear.

When you reach home they may kick you out. Ditch the pork and beans and get something else

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thanks for the "Rule off three" S/T duly noted,

The improvised tarp is the fire blanket seen in the main picture, Warm, waterproof, and of course fire proof,
I had my gortex booties and trousers with a combi Lowe Alpine fleece jacket,

I know its only 7 miles to travel but its an urban inner city inviroment with at least one major waterway to cross,
There are several places to bunk up but there secure so hence the tools.

I would go with a well rounded mulit-tool like the leatherman mut or surge. It will do what you will need in way less weight. Also a would look into a Katadyne pocket.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Emergency provisions act 19?? N,Ireland (anti terrorism) prohibit any worth while scanners/guns/knifes.
UK laws again i know. Fox

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Some of the basics I have in my bag are.......Leatherman mut.....Katadyne pocket....windmill lighter.....100 feet paracord.....Eton raptor.....Good clothing.....Raven designs gear A2 tent.......Insight flashlight.....G-shock watch.....Benchmade Griptilian knife.

This is some of my basics in my bag. Also the bag I use is a Eberlestock G4 operator.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

Emergency provisions act 19?? N,Ireland (anti terrorism) prohibit any worth while scanners/guns/knifes.

I don't think that anybody cares about some laws when you're in an emergency situation where a BOB is in need

edit on 26-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

I don't think that anybody cares about some laws when you're in an emergency situation

Can you legally own a machete? Or a fixed blade knife ?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

reply to post by Hellas

I don't think that anybody cares about some laws when you're in an emergency situation

Uhm.. Yes of course I can. I have to add that I live in Greece

ETA: I've never heard of a law that doesn't allow you to purchase a radio and some walkie talkies

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Under local bye laws you can carry a machete/long bladed knife whilst going to and from camping sites only.
It takes time to gather everyone together and head to the main safe area, So no guns or radios but if your determined it should not be a problem.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

reply to post by Hellas

Uhm.. Yes of course I can. I have to add that I live in Greece

Being able to have a good fixed blade is always good.
With mine I could cut down a small tree if I needed too. I really like the gerber jr. machete it is cheap and tough as nails.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

I don't think that anybody cares about some laws when you're in an emergency situation where a BOB is in need

There are ex police officers in our group so to establish some form off law and order, Its a must to establish a proper post SHTF community.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Under local bye laws you can carry a machete/long bladed knife whilst going to and from camping sites only.
It takes time to gather everyone together and head to the main safe area, So no guns or radios but if your determined it should not be a problem.

I would buy the best knife you can legally have and put it in your BOB. Many people say a firearm is the best tool but I would grab my gerber lmf 2 first. My firearm would be second.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

There are ex police officers in our group so to establish some form off law and order, Its a must to establish a proper post SHTF community.

You seem to have a rather big group..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Big groups can be a good and bad thing. If you are traveling in numbers a well thought plan is needed before hand. Maps and alt. routes are a must. 7 miles could seem like 700 miles without a good plan.

I will say it again MAPS are a must. And being able to read them a good compass is a great tool. I use a military tritium compass they can be had on ebay for about 50-75 dollars.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

Zombies???

Something like this?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Im merly a minion so to speak, Im a skilled labourer by trade and plant machine operater, There has to be structure and a plan,
The leaders will have the smarts to get us up and running again, or thats the idea.

There will be plenty off rouge elements to dealt with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join