It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown has Reputation as Satanist Hub

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Wasn't there a thread on here about Adam Lanza saying he was the devil on his fb page or something? ..that would kind of fit the article .

He never had a FB- BUT YES.... An article from the daily mail said he frequented Satanic "Web Sites" and did write "I Am the Devil" or something... You are correct. I will look for the thread (although I do not buy the "Satanic" stuff and never have...)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Interesting comment here. i had not heard that. It does lend some more credence to what I was speculating about with this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I've found Makow to be very insightful sometimes.
I don't see anything wrong with vetting all sources.
You don't want to count anything out.

Weren't you the one who started a thread saying that certain subjects should not be allowed to be discussed here?
Here at Above Top Secret dot com and you want to say certain subjects are taboo because YOU personally think they are going in the wrong direction?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

People who claim to be the Devil are generally thrown in mental asylums.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cannabis

Dude doesn't know whats up, instead fo acting liek a jerk educate him.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

There's no point educating the brainwashed. Christians aren't going to listen, so I may as well just educate him with the fact that he knows nothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
reply to post by bknapple32

I've found Makow to be very insightful sometimes.
I don't see anything wrong with vetting all sources.
You don't want to count anything out.

Weren't you the one who started a thread saying that certain subjects should not be allowed to be discussed here?
Here at Above Top Secret dot com and you want to say certain subjects are taboo because YOU personally think they are going in the wrong direction?

You wanna put up a quote of me saying subjects WERE NOT allowed on ats... Cause one doesnt exist. I love how people just blatantly lie here...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cannabis

People who claim to be the Devil are generally thrown in mental asylums.

Yes. Same with if they claim they are Jesus or Napoleon.

In fact, anyone who would kill random people belongs in an insane asylum or hard core Prison even if they have no illusion that they are the "devil"- And "devil" is more of a thing (an adversary?) than an I am (like I am "Satan") I would think.

Anyhow, i do not buy the story- I would expect someone of his alleged intellect to have something better than "I am the Devil" and if he was a "Satanist" or involved in some "Evil" Worship (lack of a better term) I would have expected a manifesto sent to the Press or published Online.
EDIT: And I am certainly not a "Christian"- I think its all (magic, Satanism, voodoo, Christianity, etc, etc) are all fairy tales- But some people think far differently (some of them crazy)- That said, I think Lanza was in no way a part of any type of religion or worship of any God, Deity, Devil or otherwise.

edit on 24-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'd kill thousands of random people to save the lives of my family members. I'd also kill a random person in cold blood if they tried to attack me. What's your point?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'd kill thousands of random people to save the lives of my family members. I'd also kill a random person in cold blood if they tried to attack me. What's your point?

I should have said "without cause"...
You are not a very friendly chap are you? Quite confrontational about...Everything. I am certain you are not so dense as to not grasp the meaning of "my point"- Or...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have lived all of my thirty-two years in Connecticut, having my curiosity into the paranormal sparked early in life. One day at the age of eight, I went on a camping trip with my mother, my aunt and a friend. All was uneventful, for a peaceful time at the lake, mind you, until nightfall. That is when we heard the chants - faint, but foreign in tongue; and menacing enough to cause us to pack up to leave. The access and exit to the campsite was across bridge, which we had crossed and, peering over the side I could see large tree stumps ablaze. There were people gathered around the conflagration, dressed in black robes, performing only what I could imagine to be a ceremony of some sort. The car stopped and my aunt froze. She had nearly run over one of the participants who had crossed the road, perhaps to observe the lake, which was on the other side. He had the same quality of terror that had stuck my aunt. She turned the car around and returned to our campsite. My mother, my friend, and I had returned to our tent, eventually falling asleep all. My aunt returned to her car, locking herself within, clutched to a hatchet as she slept. The next morning, as we crossed that bridge again to leave the campsite, I peered over to where the fire once raged, but all that remained was a smouldering pile of blackened tree stumps.

I have lived all of my thirty-two years in Connecticut, but I have to be honest, this is the first time I have taken notice of Newtown. I may have glanced over it a few times on a map, but nothing significant has ever drawn my attention to it; and certainly not Satanism, but instead mass murder. And as a resident of Connecticut, I take what happened there very personally. I want answers; not action; not superstition; but answers. And to get answers takes hard work, determination, long hours, following leads, even if they lead to dead ends - especially if they lead to dead ends; because unless you have exhausted every option, explored every direction, and verified every piece of evidence, whatever information you do accumulate can be dismissed or discredited over the simplest of inaccuracies, especially being an independent investigation, and especially having to contend with numerous threads on the same forum accusing the town of Satanism. I do not discredit the value of such threads, simply the potential of such inquiries to harm or inspire further investigation.

And, correct me if I am wrong, but is not the sacrifice of children to the Ammonite god Molock, and not to Satan?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I heard they were hub for Mary Kay and Avon.

That too must be a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I know there are no satanists in Newtown because no one from that town are ever at the meetings.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There's no point educating the brainwashed. Christians aren't going to listen, so I may as well just educate him with the fact that he knows nothing.

but you yourself seem void of stating facts and instead supplant your own opinion as a fact that is to be absolutely accepted as fact....based only on your own opinion.

go ahead, cite a source to support your opinion....especially when attempting to debunk someone. Or else fall as a poser pretending to be a knowledgable poster bringing facts to the table. If you feel you brought a fact or 2 your table is over there with all the kiddies.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

but you yourself seem void of stating facts and instead supplant your own opinion as a fact that is to be absolutely accepted as fact....based only on your own opinion.

go ahead, cite a source to support your opinion....especially when attempting to debunk someone. Or else fall as a poser pretending to be a knowledgable poster bringing facts to the table. If you feel you brought a fact or 2 your table is over there with all the kiddies.

I have to admit I haven't laughed as hard as I did reading the tail end of that note in a long time. Well put and so very true. There are Sources, References and Opinions in that order, IMO. ..and I couldn't have put some of the difference between them any better than you did there.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Was looking at information regarding "real" Satanism. Found this...interesting read.

www.satanservice.org...

My favorite part was the contact info at the bottom...don't wanna look? Trust me and do it anyway, skip it all and go directly to the bottom of the page...I'll wait.

Back now? SHOCKING TO YOU AT ALL?!

I would just post it here for you myself, however I think there are rules regarding putting addresses in posts.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rmtfox
Was looking at information regarding "real" Satanism. Found this...interesting read.

www.satanservice.org...

My favorite part was the contact info at the bottom...don't wanna look? Trust me and do it anyway, skip it all and go directly to the bottom of the page...I'll wait.

Back now? SHOCKING TO YOU AT ALL?!

I would just post it here for you myself, however I think there are rules regarding putting addresses in posts.

wow.

here it is, thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
LINK

That is a creepy photo. That is apparently Victoria Soto on the right, one of the teachers who was killed. Does anyone know who the older man making the questionable sign is? And what the context of the photo is, like what kind of event they were at (e.g., was it college football against the University of Texas longhorns)? The man doesn't look like a typical heavy metal Ozzy fan.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They don't look very evil to me, they look happy. One sec, let me read the article. All right, I think this sums it up a bit.

The faithful claim that two types of Satanism exist. The mainstream Satanists refer to themselves as Religious Satanists, claiming to be the rightful heirs to the title of Satanists. The other group is their fringe, and is generally referred to as Gothic Satanists.

edit on 24-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well Connecticut has has it's share of stupidity over the years, the only witch burning in New England (Salem never actually burned one) was about (censored) feet from my front door where the Poquonock Firehouse sits now.

I could list other bits of stupidity, but all states have them, I wouldn't put too much into this article..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join